• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton Saturday 09/01/10 15:00 ATVO

kel varnsen

Established Member
everton's second goal was a real mess. first, rosicky gave the ball away very carelessly in a dangerous position. then, the rest of our defending was absolutely god awful. the positioning was way off; chaotic and random. why didn't anyone track pienaar? why the f*** were we trying to set an offisde trap at the midfield line?

not to mention later on when almunia came out and tried to kill traore and vaughn. what was that?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
algunner said:
Klaus Daimler said:
algunner said:
Denilson should have signaled to the benched that he can't continue...but decided to be brave but that cost us a goal. Call it whatever you want but Everton scored a cheap 2nd goal because Denilson collapsed
No they didn't. :? Did you even watch the game?
look at the goal they score.....Rosicky looses the ball but Cahill was crowded and was going no where with the ball but how did Pienaar break 60 yards???? Denilson was lying down collapsed. Arsenal don't give away those kind of goals out of no where.
He wasn't lying down injured. He collapsed after the goal was scored, at the restart of the game.

stiiphunn

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
everton's second goal was a real mess. first, rosicky gave the ball away very carelessly in a dangerous position. then, the rest of our defending was absolutely god awful. the positioning was way off; chaotic and random. why didn't anyone track pienaar? why the f*** were we trying to set an offisde trap at the midfield line?

not to mention later on when almunia came out and tried to kill traore and vaughn. what was that?
I don't think we were. Traore simply decided to pressure the player holding the ball which was a big mistake because Nasri was already more or less doing so. Traore should have kept his distance which would have allowed him to pick Pienar's run. The goal's down to him.

Accomplished

Established Member
I just had an image of denilson lying on the floor completely motionless during the second goal, and us kicking off by passing the ball to him :lol:

algunner

Rorz said:
algunner said:
look at the goal they score.....Rosicky looses the ball but Cahill was crowded and was going no where with the ball but how did Pienaar break 60 yards???? Denilson was lying down collapsed. Arsenal don't give away those kind of goals out of no where.

Denilson may have been down yes, but that doesn't explain why Nasri seemed to be the only one giving chase, where on earth were TV and Gallas??

We had far too many players too far up unnecessarily for that goal.

There was nothing wrong with the defenders or Almunia....the two player that made mistake was the players who scored our goals. Denilson won the ball from Pienaar both fell down with sliding tackles but one took 2yrs to get up and by that time Pienaar was already celebrating the goal. That will piss anyone!!!!

Wenger14

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
He wasn't lying down injured. He collapsed after the goal was scored, at the restart of the game.
I didn't notice it either, but just watched the goal again. Denilson and Pienaar went for a ball, both ended up on the ground, Denilson took his own sweet time in getting up, I don't know if it was cause he couldn't or was too busy watching the game go by but he did get up eventually only by then Pienaar who got back up almost immediately was racing down the pitch to latch onto Cahill's ball.

Another thing, I think it was Sagna, Nasri and Traore who were supposed to be back for that corner, but Sagna ran off forward when he passed to Rosicky leaving just Traore (I think, couldn't make out who it was) alone with Nasri running back. If Sagna had stayed back and Denilson was quicker to get back up it could have been easier for us.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I just analysed it from the MOTD highlights and Wenger14 is correct.

Didn't ever notice it, but thats some **** commitment by Denilson. As always he just jogs like nobody business

qs

Established Member
It doesn't get much more pathetic than blaming that second goal on Denilson for being down injured. The same guy who moments later fell in a heap and had to be stretchered off. Anything to save ye from criticising the defence who were all absent from their own half when we conceded. What a joke.

beanz

Me & No 1 son were freezing our butts off, along with 50,000 other mad Gooners,from the stands, it looked like Denilson had been shot. We were quite concerned that he'd got a serious injury, especially when they stretchered him off.
The weather was ****, the game was ****, in fact the only redeeming factor was the pre match cheeseburger, tasty :p

Wenger14

Established Member
qs said:
It doesn't get much more pathetic than blaming that second goal on Denilson for being down injured. The same guy who moments later fell in a heap and had to be stretchered off. Anything to save ye from criticising the defence who were all absent from their own half when we conceded. What a joke.
It was right after two successive corners to us, Gallas and Vermaelen went up for the corners and remained there when we retained possession. You can't blame them.

Sagna should have stayed back instead of bombing forward, Nasri should have followed Pienaar cause Traore was on Cahill and Denilson seemed alright at that point, if he was quicker to get back up (which he did) he could have covered for Sagna.

It was a poor team effort. It wasn't the cb's fault though.

Del Boy

Established Member
Lazaq said:
Del Boy said:
But is a muscle tear really enough to make you collapse like that...

I mean Gallas had an even worse looking muscle injury but battled on. We all know it is a very painful injury but he might have kicked it to a team mate to avoid danger.
See above for the stupidest s**t ever written on Arsenal Mania.

:lol:

Arsène Wenger has warned Denilson to commit a deliberate foul if goes down injured again in a bid to halt the opposing team from counter attacking.

The midfielder fell to the ground unchallenged in the centre circle against Everton on Saturday just moments after the Toffees had taken a 2-1 lead at Emirates Stadium.

The visitors immediately seized the initiative with Tim Cahill robbing the ball and slipping James Vaughan through on goal only for Manuel Almunia to save Arsenal.

In the end Tomas Rosicky's deflected effort in the final minutes rescued a point for the Gunners but Wenger knows how different it could have been had Denilson's slip been punished.

"I said to Denilson afterwards, 'if that happens you have to commit a handball.' I'm very serious," he said.

"If you go down, and there hasn't been a foul, you cannot ask Everton to stop their counter-attack and not to score.
Deliberate foul

"So, if you go down like that, at least put your hand on the ball and it's a free-kick."

The injury mystified supporters in the ground but Denilson insists it shouldn't keep him out for long.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5851939,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 39,00.html</a>

Will you argue with Wenger now then? I highly doubt you will... :roll:

General

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
I didn't notice it either, but just watched the goal again. Denilson and Pienaar went for a ball, both ended up on the ground, Denilson took his own sweet time in getting up, I don't know if it was cause he couldn't or was too busy watching the game go by but he did get up eventually only by then Pienaar who got back up almost immediately was racing down the pitch to latch onto Cahill's ball.

Another thing, I think it was Sagna, Nasri and Traore who were supposed to be back for that corner, but Sagna ran off forward when he passed to Rosicky leaving just Traore (I think, couldn't make out who it was) alone with Nasri running back. If Sagna had stayed back and Denilson was quicker to get back up it could have been easier for us.

It wasn't just the second goal, he was directly responsible for corner that led to the first when he easily went down under minimal contact and gave away possession. Diaby had passed to him and a few strides later he was on the deck. We concede a needless corner from it and the rest was history. His actions for the second goal was very unprofessional but I'd cut him some slack for the last incident. I don't even think he's that weak a player but it is an annoying part of his game that every time he’s put under physical pressure more often than not he'll go down looking for a foul.

No Song and the team have suddenly gone all soft. It was quite pathetic the number of times players went down clutching their body parts at the earliest opportunity. Melodramatic idiots.

Captain

Established Member
General said:
No Song and the team have suddenly gone all soft.

Mate, that's bullshit. The effort and the way that the team stood up to the challenge were unquestionable yesterday.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
beanz said:
Me & No 1 son were freezing our butts off, along with 50,000 other mad Gooners,from the stands, it looked like Denilson had been shot. We were quite concerned that he'd got a serious injury, especially when they stretchered him off.
The weather was s**t, the game was s**t, in fact the only redeeming factor was the pre match cheeseburger, tasty :p
We have our priorities.

The only thing worse than an injury is a "mysterious" injury. Ask van Persie.

asajoseph

Established Member
Captain said:
General said:

Mate, that's bullshit. The effort and the way that the team stood up to the challenge were unquestionable yesterday.

For the last 30 minutes - where were they for the first hour?

patrick42uk

Established Member
kel varnsen said:

Traore got sucked to the ball and vacated the position he should have been in which would have prevented Pienaar having a clear run at goal. It was Traore's mistake. Its a shame because at that point, I really thought we would win that game but you cannot have the injuries we have and not pay a price.

AshburtonGhost

Captain said:
General said:

The effort was there physically, it was more a case of the midfield taking too long to realise that in Song's absence they were all going to have to pick up the defensive slack, imo. That comes down to organisation/direction which is Wenger's responsibility.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Nela said:
In the end I'm not really depressed about the result, I thought it was a point gained.

Don't underestimate the psychological importance of that one point, or more specifically not losing. That equalizer was extremely important.
Yes. There's a huge difference between lazily converting 1-1 to a home loss and clawing back that point. At this stage, with the fixtures coming thick and fast it's critical to keep a hold of what confidence we can.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
qs said:

We salivate everytime Gallas scores or bails us out or even TV but we forget everytime they push up..we are usually left vulnerable. The problem today is at 1-1 the team was playing like we are down 1-0 in a knock out competition. Now to be fair at that time when we conceded the 2nd we looked more likely to win it then they did. Our pressure was paying off as they started making some mistakes. But by pushing too far, we left ourselves vulnerable.

But we cant go on *****in about the lack of defense cover on their 2nd goal, when we know we would have been praising our defense if T.V or Gallas had sneaked a winner. Lets just accept its part of our package and i believe Wenger is 100% respnonsible for that. Its difficult to corrent individual mistakes but when the entire team is pushing forward for a corner if you are a coach and you do have it in your control to tell someone to go back. I have never seen Wenger shouting to them to stay back so it means he is willing for the team to gamble. I think this is Wenger's attitude because it really seems we usually play to either win or lose by a lot. The option of being content with a draw in the EPL doesnt seem to be on the table as far as Wenger is concerned. It clearly shows from the attitude of our players.

Once again, i am just pointing out that their 2nd goal is more or less a reflection of our entire attitude, an attitude that we as fans consciously/subconsciously support until it backfires like yesterday then we make a lot of noise.

We played like we were losing and committed too many ppl upfront and got sucker punched.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom