• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton Saturday 09/01/10 15:00 ATVO

Del Boy

Established Member
It looked quite bad but what I can't understand is why didn't he pass the ball or boot it out of play...

I mean the whole thing nearly cost us a goal. I was annoyed by Everton not kicking it out but it wasn't a head injury so you can't fully blame them really.

James

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
pulled a muscle according to lineker, a mucle I'd never heard of and cant remember
Lineker said Intercostal Muscles (those between the ribs). How he knows this though, i don't know. My first thought was his back injury again.

James

Established Member
Del Boy said:
It looked quite bad but what I can't understand is why didn't he pass the ball or boot it out of play...
Because quite clearly, he couldn't move. Hence not kicking the ball, moving on the ground, or walking off the pitch.

asajoseph

Established Member
It looked like he grabbed his lower chest from where I was (which wasn't especially close) - too far forward for his back, too low for his heart.

Del Boy

Established Member
James said:
Del Boy said:
Because quite clearly, he couldn't move. Hence not kicking the ball, moving on the ground, or walking off the pitch.
But is a muscle tear really enough to make you collapse like that...

I mean Gallas had an even worse looking muscle injury but battled on. We all know it is a very painful injury but he might have kicked it to a team mate to avoid danger.

Del Boy

Established Member
asajoseph said:
It looked like he grabbed his lower chest from where I was (which wasn't especially close) - too far forward for his back, too low for his heart.
When it happened I thought he was having heart problems. He collapsed in that sort of manner.

Viking

Del Boy said:
James said:
Del Boy said:

I mean Gallas had an even worse looking muscle injury but battled on. We all know it is a very painful injury but he might have kicked it to a team mate to avoid danger.
Jesus Christ, you're just grasping for straws now. Gallas injury didn't look worse at all, and even if it did you have NOTHING to support any sort of argument that it was worse in any way. When you COLLAPSE on the pitch it generally means that there's something wrong, and your first instinct will not be to kick a ball away. Why not? Because you're collapsing.

Del Boy

Established Member
It was nothing to do with any collapsing, when Gallas was injured the commentator instantly said he could be out for a few months with that and how on earth is he carrying on.

Denilson has had a muscle injury which is not near as serious as it first looked.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Del Boy said:
James said:
Del Boy said:
It was obviously bad enough that he couldn't move. You probably don't remember but he lied there for almost four minutes completely immovable before he was stretchered off the field. If you had listened to Wenger afterwards instead of Lineker you would have heard him saying that they're unsure whether it was "just" a broken rib (which in that case might have potentially ruptured visceral organs) or "a deeper problem with the lungs". It's just petty to question his commitment when the lad might be done for the season. Why is it that you're always the one sprouting this nonsense in the match threads? It's gone from slating the goalkeeper for not saving a penalty to slating him for actually saving one (!) and onwards to giving a player stick for getting so badly injured that he can't move. Pathetic stuff, Del Boy.

law90026

Established Member
I blame the Denilson incident on the ref. It happened right in front of him and he didn't have the balls to stop play, which is what he should have done. Play carried on for quite a bit after that before the ball was cleared and that was absolute BS.

You can't completely blame the Everton players when they're caught up in the moment, especially with the new rules that say players are supposed to play to the ref's whistle.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Del Boy said:
It was nothing to do with any collapsing, when Gallas was injured the commentator instantly said he could be out for a few months with that and how on earth is he carrying on.

Denilson has had a muscle injury which is not near as serious as it first looked.

May I ask how many years of physio therapy experience do you have? Which enables you to declare that Denilson's muscle injury is not as serious as Gallas? Just from the TV screen? :D

Perhaps you should write to the Dutch Federation and ask them to hire you as a physio? I am sure you would have been able to diagnose Van Persie's injury using your eye power...

Galahad

Yeah that incident was horrible. Denilson got down straight after receiving the ball from the kickoff. I thought it looked VERY serious, players dont go down without any kind of contact for fun. Cahill stood 5 inches in front of him and played on like nothing happened, as if Denilson just misplaced a pass to him.

I thought it was pretty much the worst kind of sprtsmanship. I hadnt expected Everton to be so unfair. The worst part of it was the commentator after Vaughan shot Almunia and Cahill cleared for a throw in, saying something to the effect of "Cahill saw that Denilson gone down and played the ball out, thats really fair he is a top bloke". GREAT when he was the guy who sert it all up to begin with AFTER seeing Denilson going down injured.

After that I was really furious.

Lazaq

Del Boy said:

See above for the stupidest **** ever written on Arsenal Mania.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He had to be stretchered off Delboy it looked like a sharp pain that took him down so he was probably caught by surprise by it all anyway .

Wenger14

Established Member
Galahad said:
Yeah that incident was horrible. Denilson got down straight after receiving the ball from the kickoff. I thought it looked VERY serious, players dont go down without any kind of contact for fun. Cahill stood 5 inches in front of him and played on like nothing happened, as if Denilson just misplaced a pass to him.

I thought it was pretty much the worst kind of sprtsmanship. I hadnt expected Everton to be so unfair. The worst part of it was the commentator after Vaughan shot Almunia and Cahill cleared for a throw in, saying something to the effect of "Cahill saw that Denilson gone down and played the ball out, thats really fair he is a top bloke". GREAT when he was the guy who sert it all up to begin with AFTER seeing Denilson going down injured.

After that I was really furious.
Yeah I watched that on football first. Those commentators were incredibly biased right through the game.

Neville's high challenge on Denilson was apparently a great tackle and his nudge on Vermaelen was down to his years of experience. Erm no, it was blatant cheating.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom