• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool | Carling Cup | 28th Oct 19:45 (H)

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Just listened to his post-match interview, he sounds exactly like Cesc. Same accent, same words used, same calm manner, and intelligent with what he says.

I rate Merida very highly and I frisson to think how a Merida-Cesc partnership would look. Nasri and Rosicky could also be great partners to Cesc, but the Spaniards have this special technique, especially those from La Masia. I think there was a moment in pre-season when they were playing together, and it looked beautiful even though it was only brief. I was also impressed with Ramsey who I didn't rate as highly as others, although he showed exactly why he isn't ready displace Diaby just yet. Ramsey and Merida both have the athleticism and shooting ability to be more effective goalscorers, though I doubt they will ever match Cesc's composure on the pitch.

outlaw_member

Established Member
USArsenal said:
he hasnt completed anywhere near a full season in his career.. closest was back in 05-06 when he played 34 games (and that includes Europe)

Yeah, injuries is the biggest obstacle he will have to overcome but a change in country, facilities and training could be all he needs to get past that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i can't see how going from Roma to Liverpool is going to help that.. its not like he was coming from Trieste or Hellas Verona where the facilities are clearly not as good.. not to mention the worse weather and harsher winters and a physically more demanding league..

guess time will tell, but his injury history (for the past 5 years) would have scared me off of him, especially counting on him to replace a lynch-pin in Alonso..

i give him 4 full games before he gets hurt again..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
big time... i would have spent an extra 5 or 7m and gone after De Rossi if i would have been them...

oh, how i wish we had him.. (De Rossi, that is).. or Melo... or even Flams back

outlaw_member

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I've maintained that Liverpool would have been better off with a player who was more reliable, especially for the price they had paid. I just think that injuries can be overcome, even if they might have plagued you in the past.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true, injuries can be overcome.. (see RvP).. i think i've just never seen the reality of the hype, and i've been watching Serie A for the last few years.. he's always flattered to deceive (IMO)

ricky1985

Established Member
To be honest, US, not knowing that much about Italian football, your opinion is one I draw upon and I find you're often right.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
why thank you ricky... since they show EPL and Serie A on FSC in the States, and my wife being of Italian descent, i watch a lot of both.. (we watch 5-6 total games each weekend)..

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom