• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool | Carling Cup | 28th Oct 19:45 (H)

qs

Established Member
James said:
Personally, i wouldn't mind Villa away.

Just talking to a Villa fan a few minutes ago. He said he wouldn't like to get us next round but reckons we'd be a decent draw in the semi, over 2 legs. I think he's spot on there.

otfgoon

Established Member
Blackburn, Portsmouth or United at home for me. Semi finals will be tough whoever we get if we get there as the pressure, intensity and first teamers usually start to emerge at other clubs and the younger player find it hard to cope.

qs said:
He'd be a different player if he'd come here.

Possibly, though normally when a talented player has a rough time at a club its hard to recover.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Del Boy said:
ej6436.jpg

Cesc got up first. But, Arshavin beat him with longer celebration. Must say that Cesc has good reflexes. He got up first in his row for both the goals.

qs

Established Member
otfgoon said:
qs said:
He'd be a different player if he'd come here.

Possibly, though normally when a talented player has a rough time at a club its hard to recover.

Oh not now, its too late. I meant if he'd came here when Wenger wanted him.

nazo

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Del Boy said:

Cesc got up first. But, Arshavin beat him with longer celebration. Must say that Cesc has good reflexes. He got up first in his row for both the goals.

Clichy was too lazy to stand up :lol:

Anyways, half watching and half studying, that was a great match to watch. Lots of nice moves (better than the boring idiots on the first team can do) but they got the result and that's what matters. Merida was out of this world btw. We better sign him on a long term contract. It was GREAT to see Nasri back too.

Del Boy

Established Member
Blackburn at home is what I want. Any chance to embarrass Fat Sam further than he already does every week, cannot be wasted.

Last week he was blasting Trapattoni for saying Steven Reid is never fit.
He said he "insulted his medical staff and the club" and demanded an apology.

Hold the phone you fat ****, Trapattoni is one of the most successful managers football has ever had and you think you can just belittle him for no reason at all... :roll:

That man is the most despicable manager I have ever seen. His antics against us over the years and his little plans of action to help Ferguson ever year, sum him up as a manager and a man.

So long story short - I detest Big Sam - I want to hammer them in the CC

:eek:ops:

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Del Boy said:
Blackburn at home is what I want. Any chance to embarrass Fat Sam further than he already does every week, cannot be wasted.

Hold the phone you fat c**t, Trapattoni is one of the most successful managers football has ever had and you think you can just belittle him for no reason at all... :roll:

That man is the most despicable manager I have ever seen. His antics against us over the years and his little plans of action to help Ferguson ever year, sum him up as a manager and a man.

I don't want Blackburn. There is a chance that we can contract swine flu from them. Actually, I'd be happy with any draw as long as it is at home and it isn't Chelsea.

Del Boy

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Del Boy said:

Hold the phone you fat c**t, Trapattoni is one of the most successful managers football has ever had and you think you can just belittle him for no reason at all... :roll:

I don't want Blackburn. There is a chance that we can contract swine flu from them. Actually, I'd be happy with any draw as long as it is at home and it isn't Chelsea.

I seriously doubt we would get swine flu. I'm sure there are procedures to stop such a thing happening.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Some of the passing moves were brilliant. For instance, in the build up to our second goal, we won the ball in our penalty area I think and kept holding the possession, even when our initial counter attack cam to naught till we finally scored.

There was another move starting in the right side from Bendtner or Gilbert and lots of great passes later, it ended up with Merida getting into a promising position and Skrtel clearing out the ball.

We strung six or seven passes together a number of times before Liverpool could come close to getting the possession.

However, on a number of occasions we tried to pass the ball in our penalty area and almost ended up giving away possession.

viper_001

Established Member
There are a lot of teams I'd like us to avoid in this draw. Preferably, facing Blackburn would be best, as it's the most winnable and leaves all the tough competitors drawing each other.

The main two that worry me are City and Chelsea. They'll field their best possible teams, and both have a pair of ****s I can't stand the sight of (Adebaywhore and Cashley).

Anzac

Established Member
Haven't seen any of this as yet but have it taped.
Really glad for the youngsters & hopefully we'll see more of them yet.

As for this only being the CCup v a LFC 2nd team - ANY time you get to beat a rival under ANY circumstances is GOOD - particularly when they've just come off a much needed BIG result in the PL.

AliBabaBrewer

Am I the only one who stills gets annoyed when Sky Sports says things like 'Young Guns see off Liverpool'.

Half the team are experienced first teamers!

Fabianski - 24
Gilbert - 21
Senderos - 24
Silvestre - 32
Gibbs - 20
Eastmond - 18
Merida - 19
Ramsey - 18
Nasri - 22
Bendtner - 21
Eduardo - 26

Whilst yes, the average age was 22, which is still young, it's not the same as last season when the average age was something like 19, when all the media was jizzing over us. Only 3 in the team were teenagers!

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom