• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool | Carling Cup | 28th Oct 19:45 (H)

famous no 10

Established Member
USArsenal said:
GaelForce22 said:
Oh and I forgot to say - Gibbs is just class. What a talent.
interesting.. i thought he was on the lower half of the ratings today..

Really? Funny that, how you can see games differently.

I thought he was excellent, and starting to believe he's not far behind Gael now...another season and I think he'll run him close.

otfgoon

Established Member
I remember just before moving to Liverpool (and just after his move to Arsenal broke down) Babel said he'll be an Arsenal player one day.

No thanks.

progman07

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Del Boy said:
ej6436.jpg

Was all for the camera.
No, he had just received a message that Barca bid 60m for him... :wink:

Seriously, I loved their reaction. :D

outlaw_member

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I thought Gibbs was absolutely shocking by the way, can't believe people think he had a good game. They ripped through that flank time and again.

This, without the shocking term. He seems like another Clichy and A.Cole to me, heavily reliant on athleticism with very little tactical nous. To his credit, he is several notches above Clichy in the offensive column and that's where he was impressive today. He was very strong in the tackle but many were recovery challenges from being out of position.

outlaw_member

Established Member
illmatik said:
cant believe people saying aquilani looked good...didnt do one thing right in his short cameo

Apart from a pin point cross field pass and a overhead kick which was blocked by Senderos.

The Gambler

famous no 10 said:
USArsenal said:
GaelForce22 said:
Oh and I forgot to say - Gibbs is just class. What a talent.
interesting.. i thought he was on the lower half of the ratings today..

Really? Funny that, how you can see games differently.

I thought he was excellent, and starting to believe he's not far behind Gael now...another season and I think he'll run him close.

He's got a good engine, that's for sure. It was quite frightening watching the full-backs get pulled all over the park though - often looked as if we were playing 2-1-4-3 or something. Fortunately, work-rate and pace mostly covered up the rather cavalier positional play. It's not a night to be too critical because the result was excellent and full credit to the team for holding onto a lead. But lack of experience is usually cited for this kind of behaviour when I think it's often more a lack of discipline.

Del Boy

Established Member
Aqualini made one good pass and suddenly he had a good "cameo"..

Guess they missed his hollywood ball into the stands. Don't think he will be as good as people think.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
illmatik said:
cant believe people saying aquilani looked good...didnt do one thing right in his short cameo

Apart from a pin point cross field pass and a overhead kick which was blocked by Senderos.
He had a couple of good moments but he bundled them with hollywood passes that were either easily picked out even by Gilbert or just went out over the short line due to being overhit. He went into a lot of challenges too but lost all but one of them. I'd be cautiously optimistic if I were a scouser. It's not like they've signed their own Fabregas though.

IBL

Established Member
haha Arshavin looks like a mini John Cena in that gif

GaelForce22 said:
What did they do?
apparently some racist chanting and gestures, dont have the full details right now.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
He had a couple of good moments but he bundled them with hollywood passes that were either easily picked out even by Gilbert or just went out over the short line due to being overhit. He went into a lot of challenges too but lost all but one of them. I'd be cautiously optimistic if I were a scouser. It's not like they've signed their own Fabregas though.

I thought he showed decent defensive positioning but he wasn't too effective in that respect. I saw that pass your referring to and at the time, I hoped it will epitomise his future at Liverpool. If they can keep Aquilani fit, a big if no less, he will be better than Alonso, especially because he is more mobile and offensive minded than him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Del Boy said:
Don't think he will be as good as people think.
i actually agree with Del Boy.. :shock:

Aquilani was "spotty" at best in Serie A.. showed glimpses of brilliance but was just as often anonymous

GaelForce22

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Klaus Daimler said:

I thought he showed decent defensive positioning but he wasn't too effective in that respect. I saw that pass your referring to and at the time, I hoped it will epitomise his future at Liverpool. If they can keep Aquilani fit, a big if no less, he will be better than Alonso, especially because he is more mobile and offensive minded than him.
Did you mean that?

qs

Established Member
otfgoon said:
I remember just before moving to Liverpool (and just after his move to Arsenal broke down) Babel said he'll be an Arsenal player one day.

No thanks.

He'd be a different player if he'd come here.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom