• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool Match Ratings

Fever

Fabianski - 6.5

Gilbert - 6
Senderos - 7.5
Silvestre - 7.5
Gibbs - 7

Eastmond - 7.5
Ramsey - 7.5
Merida - 8

Nasri - 7.5
Bendtner - 6.5
Eduardo - 7

Subs:

Randall - 5
Watt - 7
Coquelin - N/A

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski -6.5

Gilbert - 6
Senderos - 6.5
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 7

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7
Merida - 8 MOTM

Nasri - 7
Bendtner - 6.5
Eduardo - 6

MAK 14

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Gilbert - 6.5
Senderos - 7.5
Silvestre - 7.5
Gibbs - 8

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7
Merida - 8.5

Nasri - 8
Bendtner - 6.5
Eduardo - 7

otfgoon

Established Member
Fabianski 6.5

Gilbert 6 (4 in the first half 8 for the second)
Senderos 6
Silvest 7
Gibbs 7

Eastmond 7
Ramsey 8
Nasri 7

Fran 8
Eduardo 6.5
Nic 6.. just about.

Kain

Established Member
Fabianski - 6

Gilbert - 6
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 6

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7.5
Merida - 8.5

Nasri - 8
Bendtner - 6
Eduardo - 7

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski - 6 - Some very shakey moments, a couple of composed ones. Couldn't dio nothing about the goal.

Gilbert - 5 - what happened to the guy who took the premiership by storm aged 18? looked scared, sloppy on the ball and out of position a lot. Poor game

Senderos - 7 - Dominant in the air and did a good job, his pace (or lack of) didn't get exposed as much as it could have. Good game.

Silvestre - 7.5 - Its an unpopular thing to say on here but Silvestre was probably our MOTM. Great in the air and some crucial interceptions. Consistently made the right decision.

Gibbs - 5 - defensively all over the place and Liverpool looked more dangerous down his side, the amount of times our defence got dragged around because of his poor positioning - I lost count.

Eastmond - 7.5 - Brilliant debut, very composed on the ball and really put his mark on the game.

Nasri - 7 - Some very neat touches and looked composed on the ball (as always). Good to have him back.

Ramsey - 7.5 - The guy who made things happen in midfield. Think he's got eyes in the back of his head!

Merida - 8 - take it back Merida was MOTM even without his brilliant strike. His control and techniwue was out of this world.

Bendtner - 6.5 - A mixed bag of great control and link up played with sloppy passing and wrong decisions in the final 3rd. Good finish.

Eduardo - 6 - a little isolated but still made a couple of openings for himself.

lagos

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Gilbert - 6.5
Senderos - 6 (nothing changes, I **** up per game)
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 8 (impressed me the most)

Eastmond - 7 (liked the look of him)
Ramsey - 7 MOTM (had greatest influence on the match)
Merida - 7

Nasri - 7
Bendtner - 6.5
Eduardo - 6.5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I thought Eduardo was awesome.

Fabianski - 6

Gilbert - 5
Silvestre - 7
Senderos - 5
Gibbs - 5

Merida - 8
Ramsey - 6.5
Eastmond - 7

Nasri - 8
Eduardo - 8
Bendtner - 6

Watt looked lively when he came on too. Love him.

To summarize, we looked awesome from midfield and upwards today. The defence need to be sorted out though. Preferrably by starting Bartley instead of either Senderos or Silvestre. We should play Eboue instead of Gilbert too. We can't put players on just because they're the best of a bad lot; they still have to maintain some kind of level to be picked. Gilbert is a class below our reserve team. It's ridiculous to have him start against a team of Liverpool's stature, kids cup or not.

TomasCR

Established Member
Fabianski - 6

Gilbert - 6.5
Senderos - 6.5
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 7

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7.5 (MOTM)
Merida - 7.5

Nasri - 7.5
Bendtner - 6
Eduardo - 7

AliBabaBrewer

Fabianski - 7
He dealt with every cross and made a couple of stops which he held on to. Not at fault for the goal in my opinion.

Gilbert - 7
Dodgy in the first half, I wasn't entirely convinced he wasn't going to be the cause of a Liverpool goal, but upped his game second half and made some good tackles. Still shouldn't be anywhere near the first team though.

Senderos - 7
Somewhere in between 7 and 8, but I don't do this '.5' stuff. Aside from being turned inside-out a couple of times, I actually thought he did really well. Headed well, and when boxed in with the ball, didn't panic and just passed it to Fabianski. I could deal with him being alongside Vermaelen for a couple of games if it came to it.

Silvestre - 7
The same as Gilbert. Looked a liability at times, but that second half he put in some really good tackles.

Gibbs - 8
Kind of the same as Gilbert and Silvestre, as in the first half he looked defensively iffy, but in the second half, he got forward a lot more and reminded me of a 07/08 Clichy, but he was a beast in the last half hour. I'm not confident we would've held on for the win if Traore had played instead.

Eastmond - 8
Played really REALLY well in the first half, I was actually excited (..Not like that) every time he did something, because 95% of everything he did came off very well. Second half he seemed to decline a bit. I don't know if it was concentration or what, but he just seemed to lag.

Ramsey - 8
Linked up with Merida very well and spotted some top quality passes. Made is tick for large portions. Did lose the ball a fair amount and liked to dwell on it too much, but still proved to me he should be played over Diaby.

Merida - 8
For someone who gets so few chances, he knows how to make the ones he gets count. A great goal and some excellent link-up play, he knows how to spot a cross-field pass as well. Should definately get more games.

Nasri - 8
Didn't seem to do that much first half for me, but came out of his shell a lot more in the second half. Some fancy footwork to go with some decent/good passing and looked reassured in possession. In the corner flag.
Also didn't look as though it was his first competitive game of the season.

Bendtner - 7
Scored a decent enough goal, but he certainly knows how to fluff it up. Some good runs off the ball and had some good ideas, but bloody hell, his leg's don't listen to his head and it all goes tits up.

Eduardo - 7
Same as Nasri. Didn't do that much in the first half, but second half got involved more and made a few runs that could've been exploited. Good enough show for someone coming back from injury.

Randall - 5
The English Diaby.

Watt - 6
Came on and made a good tackle or two, some good passing flicks and a run into the box that he was unlucky not to be quick enough and got muscled off my Skrtl. Good cameo.

Coquelin - N/A
Touched it twice?

flobaba

Part from the well taken goal, Bendtner was pure, unadulterated ****. Gibbs also left his wing unmanned on a few occasions, and the midfield has got to learn a few things about controlling the tempo of the game when you're a goal up, but all in all, good game. Very entertaining.

qs

Established Member
Fabianski - 5

Gilbert - 5
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 6
Gibbs - 6

Eastmond - 6
Ramsey - 7
Merida - 7

Nasri - 7 MOTM
Bendtner - 6
Eduardo - 7

GaelForce22

Established Member
Haven't done one of these in a while.

Fabianski 6

Gilbert 7
Senderos 8
Silvestre 7
Gibbs 8

Eastmond 6
Ramsey 7
Nasri 8

Bendtner 7
Eduardo 6
Merida 7

nazo

Established Member
(was half watching it and half studying):
Fabianski - 6

Gilbert - 5
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 6
Gibbs - 6

Eastmond - 6
Ramsey - 7
Merida - 9

Nasri - 8.5
Bendtner - 6
Eduardo - 6

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Fabianski - 6.5

Gilbert - 6.5
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 7

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7.5
Merida - 8

Nasri - 8
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 6.5

Subs:

Randall - 6
Watt - 7
Coquelin - N/A

Nasri was absolute quality and Ramsey and Merida combined really well with his throughout the game.

Double_H

Established Member
wow im suprised by bendy's scores !! i though he was one of our best players today

anyways

Fab 6.5

Gillbert 6
Phill 6.5
Silvestre 6.5
Gibbs 7.5

East 7
Ramsey 8
Merida 8

Nasri 8
Bendy 7
Edu 6

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom