• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool Match Ratings

DREVAK

Established Member
Fabianski – 6
Gilbert – 5
Senderos – 7 – Awesome as always.
Silvestre – 7
Gibbs – 5
Eastmond – 6 – Yeah he looked tidy on the ball but am I the only one who thought his inexperience showed a few times and that his game could use more physical, defensive aspects as well?
Ramsey – 7
Nasri – 7
Merida – 7 – I really liked how all three (Ramsey, Merida and Nasri) played. How does Diaby get into the team, seriously?
Bendtner – 5? – I find it difficult to rate him, he tried a lot, he didn't pull most of it off, but on some occasions he was really really good, and scored that goal.
Eduardo – 6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski - 7
Gilbert - 5
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 8
Eastmond - 7.5
Ramsey - 9
Merida - 8
Nasri - 7.5
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 7

Randall - 5
Watt - 6
Coquelin - N/A

Unforgiven

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Gilbert - 6
Senderos - 7.5
Silvestre - 7.5
Gibbs - 7.5

Eastmond - 8
Ramsey - 8
Merida - 8

Nasri - 7.5
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 7

I think both our CBs especially Silvestre actually had a good game, and Silvestre made some really good/vital tackles. Eastmond also stood out for me.

Muharraqawi

I'm really suprised at all the low ratings people are putting for Gilbert, he was up against Babel and he was on top in 90% of their duals together, he also made some crucial interceptions throughout the game.

alonso14

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Gilbert - 6
Senderos - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gibbs - 7

Eastmond - 7
Ramsey - 7.5
Merida - 7

Nasri - 8
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 6

xcdude24

Established Member
Eastmond fit in really well with our midfield, I thought. When he came in he looked absolutely dead. Worked his socks off. Our youth team is amazing. In five years we could see Schtezezeny, Gibbs, Bartley, Coquelin, Eastmond, Wilshere, Merida, Nordveit, and Watt all in the first team. That's Barca-esque.

By the way, Nasri is like the anti-Arshavin in terms of workrate. Always making runs, always getting stuck in, I loved his performance last night. Hopefully he stays fit.

Linson

Fabianski - 7 - Did nothing wrong and showed, for the first time in my opinion, that he is a first teamer

Gilbert - 5 - Not very good at all, very slow on the uptake and made several sloppy passes. Did not look like he has been on loan all this time.

Senderos - 6 - I wouldn't be comfortable having in the starting XI based on this performance. What happened to his strength?!

Silvestre - 8 - Absolutely fantastic, made very few mistakes and looks like he could fill in for Vermaelen or Gallas if needed.

Gibbs - 7 - Did some very nice things though still a bit naive defensively, would ave no problem in him starting premier league games.

Ramsey - 8 - Tugged the midfield strings, like Wenger says he looks like a first teamer now. Possible replacement for when Song farts off to ACN?

Eastmond - 8 - What a player. Considering he hasn't played for the first team before he looked ridiculously comfortable on the ball and broke up Liverpools play on many occasions. Did not look out of place at any point.

Merida - 8 Excellent technique and very good on the ball, not difficult to see why Wenger likes him. Excellent goal to cap a promising performance.

Eduardo - 6 - For me, he looked weak and I often felt he wasn't in a good place in relation to his role as a fox in the box. Needs more games to be back to his best.

Bendtner - 7 - Showed glimpses of his being at his best, excellent finish.

Nasri - 8 - So comfortable on the ball though he didn't look at his peak fitness wise. I'd like to see him have a shot in some of the positions he finds himself in.

Segway

Fabianski 6.5 - Good feet from the Pole. It wasn't his busiest night though.

Gilbert 6 - Looked nervous at times but became better as the game wore on. Very aggresive.
Senderos 6.5 - Some shakey moments but generally he did good. Both in the air and on the ground he seemed to be in control.
Silvestre 7.5 - Very good game from him. His experience showed tonight and stopped a lot of dangerours moves from the opposition.
Gibbs 7 - Was good. In the 2nd half he was topdrawer but nervous in the 1st.

Merida 8 - Sublime technique. His short passing was excellent and what a great goal to match!
Ramsey 7.5 - Got tired in the end of the game but was involved in almost everything until then. His passing and movement was extraordinary for such a young midfielder. Spearing and Plessis looked like mugs compared to him.
Eastmond 7 - Very good debut. Everyone was surprised to see him start over Coquelin but he proved himself to be perhaps just as good. He was one of the weakest players in the FA Youth Cup campaign but he has certainly found himself in midfield.

Bendtner 6.5 - Superb goal but lost the ball too often for his performance to be anything special.
Eduardo 7 - Some great touches here and there and decent in the link-up play. Good performance.
Nasri 7.5 - Sometimes he tried the impossible things but pulled it off. Just oozes class... Became less involved as the game wore on though...

GaelForce22

Established Member
DREVAK said:
Eastmond – 6 – Yeah he looked tidy on the ball but am I the only one who thought his inexperience showed a few times and that his game could use more physical, defensive aspects as well?
No.
Double_H said:
wow im suprised by bendy's scores !! i though he was one of our best players today
I agree with what Drevak said:
Bendtner – 5? – I find it difficult to rate him, he tried a lot, he didn't pull most of it off, but on some occasions he was really really good, and scored that goal.
He seemed isolated on the wing and kept failing to beat Insua, but when he came inside he really caused them problems by just being there, even though he didn't put most of his chances away.

James

Established Member
Fabianksi 6

Gilbert 5
Senderos 7
Silvestre 7
Gibbs 7

Eastmond 8
Nasri 8
Ramsey 8

Merida 8
Bendtner 6
Eduardo 6

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Gilbert 5
Senderos 5
Silvertre 7
Gibbs 4
Eastmond 6
Ramsey 6
Merida 6
Nasri 7
Bendtner 5
Eduardo 5

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i was pleased by most of the players yesterday.. Gibbs was a bit shaky at times and Gilbert was horrible in the first half (got a bit better in the second half though).. Phil was Phil (couple of mistakes, couple of good defensive plays).. Silvestre was decent in the second half (worse in the first IMO)..

thought Eastmond made a promising start (his first real game against capable opposition). Nasri did well for his return.. Merida I though looked really good for much of the game until the end when they were pressing (probably should have come off about 10 minutes before he did since Coq is much better defensively).. Ramsey was hot and cold, but decent enough (he is still so very young, hard to remember that)..

Eddy was anonymous for much of the game, but made a couple nice plays and at least SOMEONE knows how to waste time in the corner.. Nik was a mixed bag.. some great touches and plays, some pitifully bad mistakes.. but scored a goal to win the game..

Subs - Randall was pitiful when he came on.. Coquelin was OK, but was only on for like 5 minutes.. Watt looked decent and should have won a stonewall penalty to ice the game, but Wiley completely c*cked it up..

all in all, pleased.. we beat Liverpool and while we didnt blow them out, we certainly deserved the win overall

James

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Watt looked decent and should have won a stonewall penalty to ice the game, but Wiley completely c*cked it up..
For me, that was good defending :|

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
James said:
USArsenal said:
Watt looked decent and should have won a stonewall penalty to ice the game, but Wiley completely c*cked it up..
For me, that was good defending :|
he had his arms wrapped around him and didnt touch the ball (IIRC) and didnt allow Watt by.. havent seen the replay since yesterday, but watching it initially and the immediate replays, it looked like a definite penno to me...

i would like to see it again to make another judgement, but dont know if i'll be able to find it..

James

Established Member
I don't think Watt or any other player asked for a penalty (i could be wrong), and Watt looked pretty disappointed that he made it so easy for Skrtel to get his body inbetween him and the ball. Impression i got anyway.

TomasCR

Established Member
No way it was a penalty, Skrtel threw his body between Watt and the ball with no contact. It was brilliant defending, something Skrtel is so rated for.

Lukazan

Established Member
Fabianski 6

Gilbert 5
Senderos 5
Silvestre 7
Gibbs 6

Eastmond 6
Ramsey 5
Merida 7
Nasri 6

Bendtner 5
Eduardo 4

Lukazan

Established Member
Ramsey had one or two moments but the majority of the match was him recieving the ball, dwelling on it with a few pirouettes and then passing it back to either Senderos or Silvestre. It got boring fast. Expect more from him.

Eduardo was useful in the last 2-3 mins in wasting time but apart from that he did nothing. Far too slow when he recieved the ball and lost it countless times. Never gonna get in to the first team every week with displays like that.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom