• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Liverpool Match Ratings

Segway

Thought Ramsey was great. He was almost always able to play himself out of trouble and he was involved in a lot of our attacking moves with some great movement and passing. I certainly don't think he was as boring as you say he was. He was very energetic and very much in the middle of things. Compare him to Plessis and Spearing and who would say was the most impressive?

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabiasnki - 6. Good and bad from Lukasz. Contolled his box well, claiming alot of high balls, but was way too hesitant in his kicking. Had no chance with their goal.

Gilbert - 7. Really struggled at the start of the game, but got better and better in his duel with Ryan Babel.

Senderos - 7. Some trademark ponderous moments, but also some great defending at times.

Silvestre - 8. Really stood strong in the second half, his distribution was also very good.

Gibbs - 8. Made some great tackes, was ultra-calm on the ball, and was always a threat going forward. For me the times he left his flank exposed was more to do with a lack of communication and understanding with Silvestre, Eastmond and the midfield in general. It's hard to be an overlapping, attacking fullback, and at the same time not leave space in behind you, that's where team mates have to move in cohesion, and understanding like that takes lots of games together. Looked a better prospect than Insua (despite his outrageous goal) and he's the starting Argentinian left back!

Eastmond - 7. He handled the occasion extremely well, and perhaps that's what Wenger sees in him. His game is decent - he reads danger well, and is competent on the ball. There were alot of not-so-well-informed gooners around where I was sitting, who couldn't believe how good this guy they'd never heard of was. Believe me I watch the reserves most weeks, and if Eastmond can play like that at this level, then I shudder to think what Francis Coquelin could do.

Ramsey - 7. Some very good moments. He has abit of everything about him - touch, good feet, great passing range and real power and athleticism. However, he made some poor decisions last night, and looked nervous to me.

Nasri - 7. Can't beleive how up to speed he was. Such intelligence and class. Some of his passing is just fantastic. The thought of Samir and Cesc linking in midfield is mouth-watering!

Bedntner - 6. Lots of good ideas, but not much came off for him. Great goal to win the game though.

Merida - 7. Cracking goal, and some moments of sheer class, but flitted in and out of the game, and tired badly towards the end.

Eduardo - 5. Another one who looked rusty. Didn't seem to have any real acceleration in his game, and his touch was a little off.

Subs

Coquelin - No real impact.

Randall - 5. Gave the ball away quite alot in his short cameo. Hopefully he'll get a decent move come January.

Watt - 7. I think this kid could surprise a few in the years to come. He looked threatening from the word go, and nearly won a penalty.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom