• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Manchester United Match Ratings

Kraig

Established Member
almunia - 5
sagna - 5
Touré - 5
djourou - 4
gibbs - 4 - i cant blame him for the ground moving beneath him
walcott - 4
song - 4
cesc - 3
nasri - 6
adebayor - 2
van persie - 3 - why did wenger even think he was fit

bendtner - 6
eboue - 5

banduan

Established Member
Only Nasri and Song (2nd Half), as well as Bendy can hold their heads high after this.

Cesc, Ade and Djorou need spankings.

How anyone could give Cesc a 6 or 7 bewilders me.

General

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Captain said:
Cesc was the worst midfielder on the pitch.

Agree. And he does not deserve to be captain after a game like that, that was a shocking peformance lacking in desire and any character. So far he has not been that convincing as a skipper. That is what happens when you make a 21 year old captain.

I think some of us warned against it but then again, we had very little choice but to give it to him after the shenanigans with Billy Gallas. Heads dropped too quickly, even after the first goal and from there onwards, it was a truly atrocious performance from him. Passing was off, workrate was poor and he looked overwhelmed by the occasion.

In terms of leadership, I think Nasri can hold his head high. He was the only player trying to make things happen for a long while.

bigtimetopbanana

Best Arsenal performance of the night was the white plastic bag that slowly wafted across the pitch in the second half. We were so disapointed when it was taken off.

Other than that Nasri, played well, but in the no better than any of 11 Blue Shirted players.

Bendtner made a HUGE difference when he came on. Ran across the line looking for opening (not the simple pass back), direct running into the box, taking people on, gave a damn. He would be my Arsenal motm.

progman07

Established Member
lagos said:
how on earth do you give gibbs a 2? he slipped!
When Clichy slipped, in a much less important moment, against Sp**s, people absolutely slaughtered him. Now people question those who dare to handle this realistically. It was a slip in the CL semi when we absolutely had to keep a clean sheet. Nobody hates Gibbs, we want the best for him, but you can't give ratings around 5 after a mistake like this.

I hope Gibbs can get over this mistake, but I fear it will take years, for a 19 to feel he cost the team the Final (of course it is only partly true, but still the point stands), it's not an easy situation mentally.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
almunia 5: could have done better, but overall ok.
sagna 5: average
Touré 5: mediocre
djourou 4: poor
gibbs 3: isn't ready and is too inexpedience to be playing games like today's.
walcott 3: had the desire, but not the means. Shouldn't be playing as a winger, in a team that is supposed to be challenging on all four fronts.
song 5: average
cesc 3: very poor
nasri 5: had the desire, but not the means. he passes the ball around a lot, one twos etc. but doesn't really get us anywhere.
adebayor 2: horrid performance from ade today.
van persie 3: very poor.

bendtner 5: at least he tries something.
eboue 5: ok

Unforgiven

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - made some good saves but the free kick....
Sagna - 5
Touré - 5
Djourou - 4
Gibbs - 4
Walcott - 5
Cesc - 3
Song - 6
Nasri - 8
Adebayor - 4
Van Persie - 6

Nasri was the only player who had kind of an impact. He reminded of United because they were like him running everywhere unlike our team.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I am really pissed at Cesc attitude last night. What the **** he thinks he is. He isnt bigger than the club. OK he is our most valuable player but that cocky attitude needs to stop.He was shat all over from Anderson and he always struggles against him.

I really have a bad feeling he will ask to go this summer, despite all of his "my heart is with Arsenal" talks. Barca or Real will get him.

As for Ade, I've been saying it all the time, that as same as with Henry, will we come to regret why we didn't sell him last year. He has contributed **** all this season and he will probably move to Milan for half the price of last year's bid.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Nasri and Song were the only two for me that emerged with any credit from the staters, while Nik and Eboue actually showed they cared. For all Eboues faults, of which theres is many, at least he bloody well tries.

Felt sorry for Gibbs - it ended the game for us in reality and he knew it - he looked absolutely devastated. Kinda sorry for Manny too, after an unbelievable performance in the first leg, the freekick is all people will remember now over the two legs.

As for the rest? Words fail me. Ade was a disinterested disgrace, Fabregas was appalling, Sagna was woeful...actually it appears I'm not lost for words.

What really ****ing hurts is not that we lost, we were playing the current European and Premierleague Champions, there's no shame in being beaten by them - what really ****ing hurts is that most of the team over the two legs offered nothing, fought for nothing and after all the trust and belief put in them, they repay the club with that drivel. No heart, no fight, no desire - I just cant understand it.

TomasCR

Established Member
lagos said:
This match was lost at the beginning of the season.

I am tired of having a go at players who don't have it in them

Wenger - 0
lagos said:
how on earth do you give gibbs a 2? he slipped!
Gibbs´s mistake cost us a game to a certain extent, while you surely knew this was going to happen at the start of the season, right?

The point is, all the players have it in them, that´s why they could play the semi of the CL. Believe it or not, individual mistakes decided the game and nowhere is written we couldn´t have been determited and good enough to win it had it not happened.

It´s not fair to blame individuals, but in yesterday´s game, the whole tactic was built on clean sheet. I have to blame him no matter how old he´s or how many games he has played. It happens, but Clichy got his own when he did the same, be fair if anything.

Zico

Established Member
qs said:
almunia - 4
sagna - 5
Touré - 7
djourou - 4
gibbs - 4
walcott - 2
song - 5
cesc - 2
nasri - 8
adebayor - 5
van persie -5

bendtner - 7
eboue - 7

I think that this is the 3rd straight game I endorse what you have posted. About right.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom