• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Newcastle, EPL, 7/11/10 1PM- SS1

Rorz

Established Member
A chance to keep up our growing form in the league against an unpredictable Newcastle side.

With a stronger team out than the Shahktar game, we should play a lot better and hopefully put the game to bed early on, and not have to endure another 88 mins of torture like last week!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Oh, this one is at home! I thought it was an away game. Great. This will be a good opportunity to lift the spirits within the team again.

Bossa

Established Member
This is going to be tough with Newcastle on form after beating Sunderland with 5-1 and they also had a nice little rest in midweek.

Hopefully we can field this lineup

Fabianski
Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy
Fabregas Song Wilshere
Nasri Chamakh Arshavin

Some of the players who played against Shakhtar are in their place being bench players.

squallkid

Established Member
Come on lads, let's just pray Liverpool can get something against Chelsea and we do our job against the Toon

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
They've had a week OFF and are on a high after their Derby win, we've just returned defeated from Ukraine and lost our momentum.

Tough game that'll be now, and a lot depends on whether we can get some players back or not.

The team pretty much picks itself:
Sagna to return thankfully, Song, Fabs and Arsh too if fit, Nasri to get a break and Chamakh to start up front.

--------Flappy-------

Sagna-Squid-Kos-Clichy

----Song--Jacky----

Theo----Fabs----Arsh

------Chamakh------

If we can start with that team, I think that'll be too much for Newcastle but we'll see.

Zinc

Interesting thing in my eyes will be how Nasri fits in. I believe when fit Wenger will always pick him. But ahead of an inform Walcott? Ahead of a rested Arshavin? Or is it in place of our most consistent performer this season Wilshere. My guess is he starts ahead of Walcott and the rest of the team picks itself.

AshburtonGhost

If Fab is still out:

----------------Fabianski
Sagna---Squillaci---Koscielny---Clichy
------------Wilshere---Song
------Walcott---Arshavin---Nasri
----------------Chamakh

dreamLord

Established Member
We've been disappointing in these kind of matches. WBA,Brum, WHU. Play the strongest team, that's all there is to it. Nasri in MF is essential, with both Theo and AA starting.

KY

Established Member
Expect a much more difficult side than the CC tie with nolan and Carroll and Barton definitely causing problems in more ways than the obvious...

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Zinc said:
Interesting thing in my eyes will be how Nasri fits in. I believe when fit Wenger will always pick him. But ahead of an inform Walcott? Ahead of a rested Arshavin? Or is it in place of our most consistent performer this season Wilshere. My guess is he starts ahead of Walcott and the rest of the team picks itself.
That's right. He's started virtually every single game when fit since he arrived at the club.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Hopefully the trip to the Ukraine will have served as yet another wake up call.
We cannot treat any opppsition lightly or think that we are on the way to victory with a 1 goal lead.
If the decision to leave key players at home or on the bench involved having 1 eye on this game then we'd better see the results in the game on Sunday.

yuvken

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Zinc said:
That's right. He's started virtually every single game when fit since he arrived at the club.
Second name on the team sheet. Better get used to it, it won't change any time soon.

Zinc

I like Nasri as a player but this is the first time when i genuinely am not sure where about he will play. Injuries to Cesc/Walcott have insured thats it is pretty easy choice so far.

I wouldnt say that Walcott is undropable right now but he is in fantastic form and offers us something no1 else will, i would hate for him to be dropped.

Hard life isnt it having selection problems :)

Lord Dula

Established Member
play those players that are mentally tough - if we drop points it'll be the start of yet another nightmare november

Ricky_AFC

Not wrong about that Dula.

We need to get this month up and running, we've got a lot of games coming up and I think a good sart will be the key to getting through it.

Bossa

Established Member
It would not be a surprise if the players who are out against Shaktar remain out against NUFC. For the love of god let Cesc, Song and Arshavin be fit...

Proof

Established Member
Time to bounce back, after yesterday's awful display.

---Song-Wilshere---
Walcott-Fabregas-Nasri
------Chamakh-----

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Meaningful match
Unlike Shaktar,
So we should put out a better, more potent, line-up, and
Toon have struggled to score away.

We need to maintain and build our momentum
In the league, and
No Eboue will help our shape and defence.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom