• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Newcastle, EPL, 7/11/10 1PM- SS1

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
redanddread said:
Eboue in a strong team line up is often quite a decent player for us (at right back)-maybe he is reigned in by his 1st team teammates. In a weakend team he becomes a bit of a liability and tends to offer very little constructive play as we saw on Wednesday.
images

He's just rubbish, period.

@Squall, DJ was more than decent I thought.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
squallkid said:
Humble Rex said:
squallkid said:
I would take two clichys over one clichy and an Eboue

Against shaktar we played in reality

----Fabianski----

---Koscielny--Squillaci-clichy

------Eastmond----Wilshere

-Walcott------Rosicky-------Nasri

eboue

---------Bendnter--------

Really? :wink:

I'm sorry, Dhourou was such rubbish in that game that my mind must have erased any memory of him playing in that game and put Koscielny there instead

He was our best out field player...by a mile

Bossa

Established Member
According to Wenger:

Song, Fabregas, Denilson and Arshavin are back for the Newcastle game.

RVP and TV are close to return. Wenger still doesnt know when Diaby will be back...

stuart

Established Member
Good news. Should see a strong line up fielded on Sunday then.

Big game. Important to get back to winning ways and try and kick on for a massive month. Im confident we'll get the points, but it will be tricky.

Carroll will be a big threat, i reallly like him. As well as that Nolan is scoring goals and Barton seems to be playing some of the best football of his career. I thought he looked superb against Sunderland.

There is light

Expecting this to be a goal fest, newcastle don't sit back because they cannot do that, this should be a win at all costs.

Y va marquer

Established Member
All games should be win at all costs :)

Cesc, Song, Shava are all available - so we're almost at full strength.

No excuses for a poor result, nowhere to hide.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AnthonyG said:

#I really disagree. Eboue is a good right back. He would start for most premiership teams.

To be honest if he's allowed to go about anywhere on the pitch like a maverick it's Wenger you should be slating.

Y va marquer

Established Member
If his performance the other night is indicative of Eboue's current level as a full back then no, I don't think he'd start for most premiership teams.

However he hasn't played regularly in that position for a while and he was competent in that role prior to Sagna so perhaps it was just a one-off dismal performance?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Y va marquer said:
If his performance the other night is indicative of Eboue's current level as a full back then no, I don't think he'd start for most premiership teams.

However he hasn't played regularly in that position for a while and he was competent in that role prior to Sagna so perhaps it was just a one-off dismal performance?

Exactly. He is a bench player that has been forced to play as a winger and sometimes DM/CM. How can people expect him to be totally sharp at RB.

He used to be good, people seem to have short memories.

He's better than Glen Johnson, Micah Richards, and a lot of other prem team's rightbacks.

Gonner_88

Established Member
I agree with DanDare.

I think Wednesday night was his worst performance for us this season and his other games were decent. I am hoping it is a one-off but you never know with Eboue ;)

Eboue's big problem is that he is not doing enough to challenge Sagna for a place in the starting 11. He needs to try and do his best to win back his place. If he does that, I am sure we'll see the old Eboue we used to rave about in 05/06 and 06/07.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DanDare said:
AnthonyG said:

#I really disagree. Eboue is a good right back. He would start for most premiership teams.

To be honest if he's allowed to go about anywhere on the pitch like a maverick it's Wenger you should be slating.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Wenger's gonna get rid of him soon.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
In fairness to him it's been a while since he's been THAT bad. I think he was pretty decent all last season and filled in quite capably for Sagna when he was injured and rested. I am more concerned about Clichy than Eboue to be honest.

Clichy is a first teamer - Eboue is a part timer. Both though are liable to er brain farts or whatever you young folk call it these days. It's no good if you play excellent for 7 games in a row if youre going to do something catastrophically silly in the 8th which costs us points.

Atm based on current form I'd have Nasri and Theo wide of Chamakh and drop Arshavin. Harsh perhaps but when they have played , both have been on top form so far this season whereas Andrey has been hit and miss. Just glad we have that range of options now

squallkid

Established Member
@Klaus, that's not saying much though.

We were poor from top to bottom with few exceptions being Wilshere, Fabianski who could do nothing about the goals and Walcott.

I would bite your hand off if Wenger offered Eboue to Liverpool and asked for Martin Kelly in exchange + cash.

We would make out like bandits in that deal

We get rid of Eboue

And we get a young promising Right back who's a bit injury prone

@Gooner 88, Eboue CANNOT challenge Sagna for his place anymore, he's not good enough to start for us, PERIOD. If Sagna pulls a Maicon drop in form on us, I'm sure Wenger wouldn't think twice about buying a new right back instead of promoting Eboue, his days as first choice right back at Arsenal are finished, F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D.

If you guys thought Djourou was good then *shrugs*.

You say potato I say potato (doesn't really come across that well on the internet but whatever, you get the point).

At least he wasn't on an Eboue level of rubbishness

progman07

Established Member
I love that people find their player to pick on after the WHOLE TEAM played terribly in a very difficult away game, in which we traidtionally suffer.

Some point out that Bendtner can't play the lone striker role, some point out that Eboue is an awful backup right back, somehow Wilshere doesn't get any stick even though he made a big miss, and slowed down the game (yeah, though it will be hard to admit if you watch a game based on reputations and subjective - apart from a good assist, he failed to notice runners many times), because he is loved by everyone,

anyways it's funny that people judge players on that game.

squallkid

Established Member
progman07 said:
I love that people find their player to pick on after the WHOLE TEAM played terribly in a very difficult away game, in which we traidtionally suffer.

Some point out that Bendtner can't play the lone striker role, some point out that Eboue is an awful backup right back, somehow Wilshere doesn't get any stick even though he made a big miss, and slowed down the game, because he is loved by everyone,

anyways it's funny that people judge players on that game.

I'm not talking about that game only

I point out he is an awful backup right back because he IS an awful backup right back. No two ways about that.

All great players miss chances and if we were good enough to win the game on the night then that miss wouldn't have mattered as we would have created and scored from other chances

progman07

Established Member
Eboue is at least a decent backup fullback, I think he is more than decent - he is great when we are pressing the opposition at home, because he can offer unpredictable movement and doesn't always resort to crossing, unlike Sagna.

In a difficult away game where the whole team is under-performing, he isn't the player to trust, of course, but the other's weren't too much better either. Did Nasri step up? Nope, and he is, for many people, the 2nd name on the teamsheet... so why pick on Eboue, when even our best players didn't perform?

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom