• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal V Newcastle player rating.

sesquioxide

hujja said:
People are being overly harsh on Abou. I think he did exceptionally well today. At least a 7.

I think that he did better today might have to do with the fact he's playing with Clichy instead of Traore. I don't think Diaby and Traore on the left ever gave us a good result against top opposition. Both of them need much more development.

hesham

Established Member
Lehman 6
Hoyte 6
Gallas 7
Senderos 8
Clichy 8
Flamini 8
Fabregas 7
Diaby 6
Walcott 4
Adebayor 8.5
Eduardo 6

RC8

Established Member
jay-d said:
Now a 3 is stupid, I suggest your a prick? Correct or not?

Take it easy mate. I also disagree with the rating, but let's keep the insults down, shall we?

Did Walcott score a hattrick of own goals? I must have missed something. I think his performance was somewhere between a 5 and a 6.5, but I think 3s and 4s are a bit harsh in my opinion.

ThaSaltCracka

Diaby, Walcott, and Hoyte were really the only players who played poorly, but is that surprising? They're all young.

Lehmann - 5
Hoyte - 6
Gallas - 7
Senderos - 8
Clichy - 9 (MOTM)
Walcott - 5
Flamini - 7
Fabregas - 8
Diaby - 6
Eduardo - 7
Adebayor - 8

stiiphunn

Established Member
RC8 said:
jay-d said:
Now a 3 is stupid, I suggest your a prick? Correct or not?

Take it easy mate. I also disagree with the rating, but let's keep the insults down, shall we?

Did Walcott score a hattrick of own goals? I must have missed something. I think his performance was somewhere between a 5 and a 6.5, but I think 3s and 4s are a bit harsh in my opinion.

Well a 5 means an average game from the player. I think Walcott was just a little bit below average yesterday. His contribution was hard to see and his final ball and general passing was too poor to give him a 5.
But hey that's just my opinion ;)

goonerwarsh

Established Member
ibby said:
Les Ferdinand on Match Of The Day said Walcott was "exceptional."

I wouldn't say he was exceptional, but by the time he was substituted he was having a good game I thought. He may have started poorly but got much better as he grew in confidence. I think a lot of people are being too harsh on him for this game

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehamann - 6.5

Hoyet - 7
Gallas - 7
Senderos - 7.5
Clichy - 8

Rosicky - 5.5
Flamini - 7
Fabregas - 6.5
Diaby - 6.5
Walcott - 6

Adebayor - 8

Eduardo - 7
Gilberto - 6
Hleb - 6

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The problem with the 5's, 4's, and 3's is that without some kind of justifying comment (especially if it is relatively much lower than other scores) they create the impression that Walcott was actually detrimental to the team's effort rather then merely ineffectual or not good.

So someone just knowing the score - 3-0 - seeing Theo with a 4 and others with as high as an 8, would assume that he was pretty bad and was probably subbed because of it (maybe also wondering why it took so long). Neither of which are true in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
5 is average. Theo was below average, he did nothing good all game rather then one or two runs maybe which ended up badly because of his inability to put in a good pass. I though he was bad yesterday and thats why I gave him a 3. To say a player was bad, like some of you are saying, but then give him a 6 makes no sense.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sometimes, when people was so used to diaby and walcott playing lousy that they were restricted to hoping they would not play, or that be sold off, those people will rate them low in spite of any improvements in their performance.

in short, condemned forever

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenalfc0719 said:
Lehman 6

Walcott 3
Jens had little to do in the game and got 6. Theo ran at defenders a few times but got only 3. :roll: I only watched highlight and I don't know on what basis Jens can get a rating as twice high as Theo's.

I give you a 2 for your rating. I don't know how below average a 2 is in your definition but I am sure you can do the math mate.

ThaSaltCracka

arsenal_hleb said:
in short, condemned forever

Not really the case for me. I don't expect much from either player at the moment. Both are young and have a lot to learn. Anything above Average would be good for me, but I just call it like I see it. Both had poor games. They'll get there though. You can see glimmer of class in both of them whenever they play.

lagos

Established Member
I didn't see the game, but surely there must be an element of bias going on if so many people describe Diaby and Walcott as being excellent and yet so many people say they were poor?

You may not like a player, you may think he doesn't deserve to be in the team, but if he has a good game give him his due. Similarly if you love a player and he has a poor game, then call it as it is.

With such disparity in comments it's hard for those of us who didn't see the match to have a feel of what really went on.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
tactica442 said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Lehman 6

Walcott 3
Jens had little to do in the game and got 6. Theo ran at defenders a few times but got only 3. :roll: I only watched highlight and I don't know on what basis Jens can get a rating as twice high as Theo's.

I give you a 2 for your rating. I don't know how below average a 2 is in your definition but I am sure you can do the math mate.
Lehman had very little to do, but he did nothing wrong all game and he did had a few good interventions. Lehman wasn't really tested enough to say he had a good game, but I think I can easily say he had a solid performance. Does a 6 sound so off to you?

Walcott I felt had a bad game, he wasn't effective, his final ball was terrible, he lost the ball nearly every time he got it, and he was nearly nonexistent and useless for most of the game. Its almost like playing with 10 men with him on the field. Bottom line is he had a bad game, at least in my opinion.

I have nothing against Walcott and when he has a good game, I will rate him accordingly, same as when he has a bad one.

ThaSaltCracka

lagosgooner said:
I didn't see the game, but surely there must be an element of bias going on if so many people describe Diaby and Walcott as being excellent and yet so many people say they were poor?

You may not like a player, you may think he doesn't deserve to be in the team, but if he has a good game give him his due. Similarly if you love a player and he has a poor game, then call it as it is.

With such disparity in comments it's hard for those of us who didn't see the match to have a feel of what really went on.

FWIW, I gave Theo a 5 and Diaby a 6.

Neither really did anything good, or bad for that matter. Hoyte probably made the most mistakes. I think we just expect a lot from Theo and Diaby. You can just sense that if they can finally "figure" it out, they will put in some good performances. Both of them have poor vision right now and hold onto the ball too much.

BTW, you should agree with my assessment :p

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom