• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Newcastle - Tuesday January 29, 7.45pm

RC8

Established Member
arsenalnewcastleleaguexa7.png

After a slow start we were able to get a great result against the barcodes on Saturday. Now we need to replicate, or even improve that result in the league fixture.

Remember they will have figured us out to a certain extent, and their defence will be better prepared for what we have to offer. Because of that I think playing Bendtner would make sense.

Not much else to say about this. We can expect a similar line-up to the one we saw this weekend, but with Sagna replacing Hoyte, Hleb starting, and Bendtner instead of Theo, probably partnered by Eduardo (Adebayor must be exhausted after Saturday's effort).

Come on Arsenal!

gunner321

We have to be careful of a draw or worse. They could have scored a few in the first half, one atleast with the clearance of the line, so we wil also know to be more alert in the first half.

Sagna, Hleb, Rosicky coming in will mean we are stronger and can have some fresh legs on the pitch.

JazzG

Established Member
Another battering of those ****ing barcodes please, need to send another message out to the league that this Arsenal team isn't gonna take what happen against Sp**s lying down and someone will suffer for what happened :x

Need Fabregas to get a goal as well to zap him out of this lean spell he has been in recent times, hearing he wasn't too good against them again so a goal is well overdue for him.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Its the PL so we should be looking to take it seriously.

-------------------Lehman--------------------
Sagna----Gallas----Senderos---Clichy
Hleb----Flamini---Fabregas---Rosicky
------------Adebayor---Eduardo-----------

If Rosicky is injured then I guess we'll have no other choice then to play Diaby.

Lukazan

Established Member
Strongest line-up possible. Newcastle aren't a great team and it's bewildering we've struggled against them so much in recent years. Today was nice but the scoreline was a little flattering to be totally honest. Another 3-0 please but with the performance fully justifying it.

Alfonso

Established Member
JazzG said:
hearing he wasn't too good against them again so a goal is well overdue for him.

I thought Fabregas ran things today, esp in the second half when he looked like he was really enjoying his football again. But I think he has been getting back on form since the West Ham game, slowly but surely. He is in need of a goal though. A goal just before the Milan game would set him up nicely for that big game.

I thought Newcastle shaded the first half today and we seemed to be suffering from a hangover from Tuesday night. But the players knew at half time that the second half could be a defyning moment of our season and accordingly stepped up.

Each time we have won a double under Wenger we have Everton on our last home game of the season and we have beaten Newcastle in the FA Cup...

Dont like playing the same team in short space of days due to fact they will be looking for revenge and we may be a bit overconfident but then again the result today will give us momentum and Newcastle may be pscychologically scared as well.

awooga83

Established Member
I think Cesc looked better today particularly in the second half as did most of our team but still some way from getting near the earlier season form and thats without taking into account the goals he was scoring then, but hopefully he can keep it up, we could do with him coming back to form.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

bluenaz said:
Could he be back?
Guess who i'm talking about.
Rosicky :p
Would be nice. More of a chance than a certain dutchman I think you are hinting at.

awooga83

Established Member
My question is what punishment are the air particles going to recieve for injuring this guy, clearly with no intention to play the ball.

Mostarac

Established Member
We should win this one, but its importnant to remember that it will not be easy at all since we have already played them only a few days before this match kicks off. Watching Keegan today reminded me of what kind of guy he is, I have always had the impression that he is a very nice guy and today was not different. Too bad for him that he is not the best tactician around :wink: .

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm just thankful that we're back at home for this one. We didn't travel too well up there earlier this season. The 'Pies have to go back up north and back down again in a pretty short amount of time.

Would like to see a full strength side, but with a Sat/Mon turnover next weekend something's got to give I suppose. Still, I fancy we'll make it 3 for 3 at home against them this season.

I hope they can wait one more game to score a goal for poor ol' Mighty Mouse.

ThaSaltCracka

No matter how rubbish Newcastle are, we shouldn't take them lightly. This team is way to schizophrenic for me. Never know what team is going to show up.

Wenger should field a strong side and go for all three. Make a statement after being bounced out of the CC. ManU has two tough games coming up, Pompy at home and Sp**s away. Lets see if we can pull away from them.

stuart

Established Member
Im alot more confident after yesterday, i wasn't sure we would beat them twice in sucession but we should be able to win this one. So long as we dont concede any silly goals early on, play our own game and we will be fine.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

ThaSaltCracka said:
ManU has two tough games coming up, Pompy at home and Sp**s away. Lets see if we can pull away from them.
I really have my heart set on Pompey doing us a favour.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom