• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Slavia Praha - Tuesday October 23, 7.45pm - AG

awooga83

Established Member
Well not much to say fantastic result and some brilliant displays although need to keep grounded and putting the work in that got us here, so glad for Theo just the kind of thing he needed and fantastic football.

Captain

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Still yet to be convinced by Bendtner meself.

He just looks like a clumsy bugger to me.

I don't think so, he seems to be a player whose size is advantageous to him rather then a hindrance (which is what Ade sometimes looks like despite his obvious mobility).

Giga

I think Bendtner scoring would motivate Adebayor scoring for us against Liverpool. I can feel it happening.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
tbh i dont blame Luk for that comment i got that impression of him in pre season but hes showed his technical and intelligent side against Newcastle. Today he had superb vision to try and pick out Fabregas but it was intercepted.

Potential is clearly there but hes impatient and does'nt seem to enjoy competition. A shame really because if he put his head down and is willing to fight like Van Persie did then he could have a very bright future here.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
That moment of control when Bendtner trapped the ball on his instep highlighted his technical ability well I thought. He has a lot going for him; hopefully he can add a bit of patience to his existing attributes.

Timleaf

Established Member
Y'know what I absolutely loved about tonight? Aside from the performance and the result? It was us bringing our 'squad' players on! -Gilberto, Rosicky and Bendtner! With players like Diaby, Jens, Eduardo, Diarra, Van Persie, Hoyte, Senderos and Denilson either not getting on or not being involved at all. Tonight is a good night to be an Arsenal fan. 8))

Druid

very very happy with the result. never dreamed our annual 7-0 thrashing would come today.. pity i missed it lol

Mark

Established Member
Absolutely fantastic football tonight. These new players are really doing the red and white proud. We look back to our best again.

With some of the goals Fabregas has scored this season it really makes you wonder why he's struggled so much to find the back of the net in the past. His first was a fantastic effort that the likes of Henry and Bergkamp would be proud of, and his second was a lovely finish at the end of a classic Arsenal counter attack.

We can carry this on and we can make sure against Liverpool and United that our season continues in this direction. I really hope we go far this season because I'm really warming to these players now and absolutely love watching them play.

quattro

great result, though slavia were obviously dire. the momentum nights like these give to players (especially young players) may prove invaluable to our upcoming fixtures. great to see walcott looking like an arsenal player. nowhere near the finished article but if his second goal and his assist to cesc is anything to go by, the potential is clearly there for the taking.

great game by hleb and fab... but i want to say sagna is really cementing his place. very timely signing.

dutchMasta

jesus, what a game. i can not wait at all for the next match. completely different match i know but still...

hleb and fabregas were on another level. hleb had almost everything, from skinning players, to setting up others from ground passes, to pin point long balls like the one to walcott, a great finish (damn them for giving the own goal), and contributed in so many of our attacks. fabregas was the same, some ridiculous world-class long balls with little time, 2 awesome goals, and great overall play. the opposition hacked at him but realised in the end it was fruitless, he still got his passes off in time.

walcott is another that definitely deserves huge amounts of credit. although he still made some bad decisions, he made some great ones too, with great execution. with each match, you can see improvements, and it's unfortunate he didn't get his hattrick.

the rest were very good, but the show was definitely run by those 3. eboue was a bit disappointing, but almost scored goal of the season. one or two nice nutmegs too...bendtner also impressed me. some nice passing and touches, and good work for the goal from him and eboue.

about time i say, we haven't been keeping up with our annual 7-0's, we still need one more this season to make up for last season.

entropy13

Established Member
entropy13 said:
We should break their record "Heaviest Away Defeat" in UEFA competitions, which is a 5-0 loss. Or at least match it. :D

I wake up and I see that we won 7-0. :D :D :D

We even matched the biggest win in the Champions League! :D :D

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The United game is going to be huge. Im dreading it because it would be horrible to lose, but looking forward to it because we could show them how its done.

Please let it be the latter!

Biggus

Established Member
entropy13 said:
entropy13 said:
We should break their record "Heaviest Away Defeat" in UEFA competitions, which is a 5-0 loss. Or at least match it. :D

I wake up and I see that we won 7-0. :D :D :D

We even matched the biggest win in the Champions League! :D :D

Yes and its just as meaningless as ManUs win over Roma last season. Its what we do in the knock-out rounds that count.

ibby

Established Member
illmatik said:
Although many think contrary, I think Eboue was great

I agree. I was just reading through the ratings & most gave him 6. Skysports.com gave him an 8. I think I have to agree with the latter.

On a side note. I think if that effort in the first half went in it would have been goal of the millenium!

Rahul

Theo's finish for his second was just brilliant!Great game by the lad tonight.

Cesc's first goal reminded me of Henry's goal against pool in our last season at Highbury.Though the angle was a little different,but the finish was pretty smiliar.A finish every striker would be proud of.

Can we play you every week?... :D hahaha

Sammer

Established Member
illmatik said:

I agree with you. One of his best games this season. Very dynamic and some brilliant 1st touch moves, which I have never seen from him.

With Bendtner you can see the potential and what he can offer this team. Yet, he still hasn't "clicked" with our play the way we play (the way e.g. Eduardo has in his first games).

I have been quite critical of Bendtner, but I can see a good development.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Sammer said:
illmatik said:

I agree with you. One of his best games this season. Very dynamic and some brilliant 1st touch moves, which I have never seen from him.

With Bendtner you can see the potential and what he can offer this team. Yet, he still hasn't "clicked" with our play the way we play (the way e.g. Eduardo has in his first games).

I have been quite critical of Bendtner, but I can see a good development.

He seems like a very intelligent player to be honest. He's always looking for the pass and even though he dribbled past one guy he still has the reflex to look around him to see if a teammate is well positionned.

I thought that because of his size he'd be a little clumsy and a little slow, but obviously I was wrong. He's a very very interesting player- and moreover a player that knows where the goal is.

As for Eboue, I didn't think he was great, but he wasn't poor as other people suggested. I mean the bashing he got during the game was ridiculous.
I feel he's got the basic qualities to make it as a RW but he still needs more time to develop an understanding of what's required.

maradona

What a fantastic night of football, but in truth it was just so easy. Remebering that Slavia had knocked out Ajax and scored two in Seville. So pleased for Theo, I though he emense throughout.

Nice touch at the end when the Slavia squad went to their fans (who were impressive) and dropped to their knees in forgiveness.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom