• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Slavia Praha - Tuesday October 23, 7.45pm - AG

Double_H

Established Member
Great Game

I kept getting calls from friends whom are not Fan of Football asking me how they play like this ...one of them Joked and said he will support arsenal

but guys the 6th goal is an INVENCIBLE Goal

Hleb was Pires ,Ade was Henry ,Theo was Bergkamp and Cesc was Either freddie or Viera

i think i saw a goal like that before ill watch the 2003/2004 DVD again

stiiphunn

Established Member
Yes, my favorite goal is the 6th. It was absolutly brilliant.
Going from one end to the other in a second. Loved it.

air

I think this is the best we've played since autumn 2004, then again I must have said that about some performance along the way...

In a way it's too bad that we were only playing Slavia Prague, but it's also fun to have a regular Tuesday night CL group match like this play out so that you know it will stay long in memory. That's the best part for me, I only saw the second half but this was one of the games to remember from this season.

stiiphunn

Established Member
air said:
I think this is the best we've played since autumn 2004, then again I must have said that about some performance along the way...

In a way it's too bad that we were only playing Slavia Prague, but it's also fun to have a regular Tuesday night CL group match like this play out so that you know it will stay long in memory. That's the best part for me, I only saw the second half but this was one of the games to remember from this season.

Yeah it was awesome. Tbh that was perfection.

The goals we scored were brilliant, the way we played the game was brilliant, our players were outstanding, everything was perfect!

And then you get to the end of the game and you watch Cesc and Theo's interview- and you wonder: "How old are they? 20 and 18!". And that's where it becomes even more ridiculous!

Brilliant, absolutly brilliant!

-Shaun-

Can't be more pleased with the scoreline. Keeping a clean-sheet and scoring seven wonderfull goals is world-class play, whichever club team you play against. Even more so, that man Theo Walcott, couldn't be more pleased for that lad. Two clinical finishes, two goals. Could have easily scored a hat-trick, but an amazing save stopped him. His first goal for me showed the benefit of playing him as a striker, as it was a typical strikers goal. Obviously, it goes down as a Goalkeepers mistake, but you can't fault him for keeping a cool head. Again for his second goal, I think that reminded everyone of a certain someone. I thought that he'd pass it, but; what a finish. Ithought it could well hit the post and miss, but I was so glad it went in. We look unstoppable.

C'mon Arsenal.

banduan

Established Member
We scored a goal of almost every type, bar a thumping header.

1 - A sweet chip into the far bottom corner.
2 - A ball sent into the box deflected into goal
3 - A poor clearance casually punished by a speedy forward
4 - A cut-in from the wing towards the box, shiffle-jinks to displace the defender and placed into the bottom corner
5 - A scorching run allows time to place the ball into the far corner beyond the keeper without any defender having a whiff of the ball
6 -Play switches sides, casual lay-up followed by quick dash into the box and goal
7 - A rugby try

entropy13

Established Member
banduan said:

4 - A cut-in from the wing towards the box, shiffle-jinks to displace the defender and placed into the bottom corner
5 - A scorching run allows time to place the ball into the far corner beyond the keeper without any defender having a whiff of the ball
6 -Play switches sides, casual lay-up followed by quick dash into the box and goal
7 - A rugby try

If Ade's header wasn't blocked by the keeper's legs, it would've completed the set. :p

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

entropy13 said:
banduan said:

7 - A rugby try

If Ade's header wasn't blocked by the keeper's legs, it would've completed the set. :p
Yeh he was unlucky. I kinda feel for him in a way, the way players just hoof any ball and expect him to header it :lol:
He either fluffs up a good ball or gets on the end of a difficult one.
I can see him scoring against Liverpool. Ade and Theo looked good together.

giuliob

Missed the game yesterday, but did get to see an entire replay on uefa.com for $1.95 which was a deal......That 6th goal represents Arsenal football, and one of the reasons why I root for them.....Hleb to Ade to Theo to Fabs.....The football gods were all smiling proudly from above.........It was a sight to see.......And I cheered Theo on in the 1st half when he became fairly aggresive towards tracking down the ball while the GK was clearing......His hustle paid off later with that poor clearance from the GK. ..He was calm and clinical.....He didn't blow his opportunity.....All in all a fine job done by the entire team.....What a confidence builder.....Even though,the opponent was not in the same class, 7-0 against any team shows the quality and talent of this team..........

abz_14

I thought Theo's second goal was the best of the night. Brilliant one touch football, destroying the defence and a lovely shot by Theo with the outside of the rightfoot.

The 6th goal was a direct reminder of the Invincible Season, turning defence into attack in a matter of seconds, lovely passes ending with the ball in the back of the net.

Without a doubt one of the best performances of the season, special mention to Hleb-I can only recall a moment where he was not imperious. Maybe his best performance in an Arsenal shirt yet.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
the commentaries are in arabic.

the 3rd goal was the best. the commentator went hilariously crazy haha.

arsenal 1 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144830

arsenal 2 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144831

arsenal 3 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144832

arsenal 4 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144833

arsenal 5 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144834

arsenal 6 prague 0
from defense to attack in a matter of seconds.. brilliant.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144864

arsenal 7 prague 0
http://www.savefile.com/files/1144865

scruzgooner

Lukazan said:
Still yet to be convinced by Bendtner meself.

He just looks like a clumsy bugger to me.
were he clumsy he'd never have scored that goal. for his size he seems to actually have good balance and quick feet. he stabbed the ball between the keeper and defender, kept himself upright after splitting them, and barged the final defender off the ball to get the final touch in. not an ounce of clumsiness there.

Rahul

Just saw Fab's second goal again and it remindd me of the goal that paddy scored against pool in the game we lost 2-1.

Pires passed to Henry,His first touch cushion was picked by Paddy who made a great burst from the centre of mid and he finished it with ease.

Although the finishes were very different the build-up was similiar.,only that the players involved were completely different and even the scenario.

Arnie

Been there for Walcotts first 3 goals!!

and it was just a pleasure to see number 6 live. I don't care who we played, that was total football!

number_0

Established Member
bojed said:
we'll win 7-0.

adebayor with a shetload of missed sitters but somehow manages to put 4 in.

1 - theo
1 - cesc
1 - Touré

fooking hell...
come here again before the liverpool game

kamikaze80

Established Member
back in the states now, but tues night was me and brother's first match at the emirates - we will need to start making it a habit! champagne football at its finest. hleb was a monster!

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom