• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Sunderland Match/Player Ratings

FrankArsenal

gunnerGH said:
Christofaux said:
FrankArsenal said:
Christofaux, have you missed the Sunderland goals and most of the second half? I think your ratings are a bit to high mate.

I'm pleased with the win though.

did you miss us rallying together and getting the win?

Just because both teams play well doesnt mean ratings can't be high.

Edit: Also if it wasnt for the linesman it would of been a different story had we gone to 3-0 in 16 minutes.

Frank Arsenal is right, your ratings are way too high. Touré 8 - come on!

Cheers gunnerGH! Seems like most people don't rate Toure that high

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Almunia 5.5
Sagna 6.5
Touré 6
Senderos 6.5
Clichy 5.5
Flamini 6
Fabregas 6.5
Diaby 6
Hleb 7
Adebayor 6
van Persie 7.5

Eboue 6
Walcott 6.5 (would have been higher if he didnt fluff that easy chance)

overall average game... looked dominating in the first 20 minutes.. then lost the game for a lot of it...pressed hard in the last 15 mins for a winner and got it.. almost let them back 2 mins later.... 3 points. good enough...

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
Almunia 6.5 well did well with one on ones but second goal should have been saved was easy but i hope he stays to get more confident

Clichy 5 poor abysmall at crossing not so good defending cost us one goal and needs to take a lesson from Phil about concentration

Touré 6.5 some shoott hit the post but wasnt at his best in defense

Senderos 7.5 wow he did have a great game did well missed a header

Sagna 7 good did his job put in good cross for ade who should have scored

Diaby 7 very unlucky two top class goals disallowed

Flamini 6.5 good did his job

Fabregas 7 average nothing exceptional except good tackles

Hleb 7.5 better on left side

van Persie 8.5 MOM outstanding player sheer class has won us this match in front of goal

Adebayor 6 not so good

Gilberto 31!!!yeah it was his birthday!!
Eboue 7
Walcott 8.5 changed the tempo of our match outsatindind display to end with hitting the post amazing future this guy has got!!

banduan

Established Member
Heh. It's games like this I was looking forward to after reading the ratings on Derby.

I feel we played to roughly the same level for both games.

Good opposition can make you look less superior. But that does not change whether or not you played well.

Juicy

Almunia- 5.5
Sagna- 6
Toure- 6.5
Senderos- 6.5
Clichy- 6
Hleb- 7
Flamini- 7
Fabregas- 4.5
Diaby- 6
Robin Van Persie- 8
Adebayor- 6.5

Eboue- 6
Walcott- 7.5

Why is everyone being so ridiculously harsh on Walcott. I was at the game and he was permenantly running his socks off, ripping their defence to shreds. He was being marked by three men at times, leaving huge space for other players. He hit the post after some great control, and brought the ball down well. if he hadn't missed that chance I might have given him man of the match.
Fabregas had a shocker. He couldn't play. Don't get me wrong, he tried, but everything he touched seemed to have gone wrong. His terrible shot at the end summed it all up really. To be fair to him he was allowed very little time on the ball.
I'm not getting at you USArsenal, but I seriously cannot see how you give Walcott 6.5 after he played like that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he had one moment of brilliance in his pass to RvP. he c*cked up a chance my dog could have scored... im glad he didnt shrink after the miss, but overall, he did a lot of running, and didnt put his chance away at the end.. he was better than Theo in previous games, and that's positive.. but when you start getting into 7 and 8, the player plaed a really good game... i dont think he did.. he had one great moment... i have given him much much lower ratings in the past, so 6.5 is high marks compared to what he has shown this season....

Juicy

Mate, he hit the post after controlling it across the defender. That can only be seen as a positive, surely, instead, of saying "he didn't put his chance away at the end" you should say "he did really well to make the chance and came very close to scoring".
I realise there is no universal rating system so it is all relative, but to give Walcott and Fabregas the same rating is criminal. I do agree that he should have scored his chance, but that doesn't neccesarily mean he didn't play well. He had a lot of good passing and he was generally very good. Anyway, this argument is probably not going to get anywhere, so, agree to disagree without being disagreeable?

lagos

Established Member
USArsenal said:
he had one moment of brilliance in his pass to RvP. he c*cked up a chance my dog could have scored... im glad he didnt shrink after the miss, but overall, he did a lot of running, and didnt put his chance away at the end.. he was better than Theo in previous games, and that's positive.. but when you start getting into 7 and 8, the player plaed a really good game... i dont think he did.. he had one great moment... i have given him much much lower ratings in the past, so 6.5 is high marks compared to what he has shown this season....

In fairness he had more than one moment of brilliance (remmember when he skinned a player or was it 2 on the wing?) Ordinarily you would say a 6.5 is fair but when you factor in that ordinarily he would have crumbled after the sitter and the fact that he provided the assist for the winner I think he deserves a 7. It doesn't mean all his issues are behind him, it just means that today he deserved a 7 especially for the mental burden he would have been carrying

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

One of the worst Clichy performances I can remember in a while, not much he could do against Jones though.
Ade didn't do much for me either, he was not as busy as he usualy is I thought...

banduan

Established Member
Smiley Ratings

Almunia :)
Sagna :| Toure :) Senderos :) Clichy :?
Hleb :thumbup Cesc :) Flamini :) Diaby :ph34r
RVP :thumbup Adebayor :|

Theo :thumbup Eboue :) Gilberto :)

Team Verdict:
A game marked by two events. First, an awful decision by the linesman taking away a perfectly fine goal took the wind out of Diaby and the whole team, and gave Sunderland the morale booster they sorely needed, and exploited. It was threatening to be very one-sided otherwise.

Second, Diaby was substituted with Theo Walcott. Suddenly, Arsenal played a different game. The slow but ominous build-ups in the 1st half was replaced by a show of pacy individual movement and passes that extended longer distances. After that the winning goal was inevitable as Arsenal always looked to score.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna -6
Touré - 6.5
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 5.5
Diaby - 6.5
Fabregas -6
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 8
Adebayor - 6.5
van Persie - 8

Walcott - 7.5
Eboue - 6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 5 - could have stopped both goals, the first was a really slow and lame shot which could have been kept out easily. the 2nd, he let ball slipped right betwen his arms. after that played decently again.

Clichy 6 - not the best of games. at fault for first goal. pathetic crossing

Touré 6.5 - what a cracking shot. if that had gone in, its goal of the season. now we know why he always take long range freekicks

Senderos 5.5 - for a defender of his stature, he must do better against jones

Sagna 7 - was great in the first 20 mins, then decent for the rest till he was subbed

Diaby 6 - couldn't cope with sunderland's physical and kept losing ball. was rightly subbed off. poor guy, scored 2 greats goals which was ruled out

Flamini 6 - average
Fabregas 6.5 - tried to make things happen, but not in his usual imperious form

Hleb 8 - was very good in the first 20 mins on right flank. then faded away with the rest of our team till he was moved to left flank. then he was in driving seats, creating many moves which our team failed to finish. quite frustrating at times he can't get his passing boots on.

van Persie 8.5 - scored 2 great goals. i would be happy if he played like this all season long. his shots are fantastic, even those which was wide because all of them are great executions.

Adebayor 6.5 - unlucky not to get a goal. still needs improving finishing

Subs
Walcott 7.5 - C'mon THEO! what a display from our 18 year old wonderkid. he was the main factor of our win. bringing balls from our half and making things happen. unlucky not to get a goal, the 2nd shot which hit the post was a good shot.

Eboue 6 - good pass for theo in that 3rd goal. other than that looks shaky at the back.

Gilberto 6 - looked assured

banduan

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Subs
Walcott 7.5 - C'mon THEO! what a display from our 18 year old wonderkid. he was the main factor of our win. bringing balls from our half and making things happen. unlucky not to get a goal, the 2nd shot which hit the post was a good shot.

Hear hear mate, even though I dislike the term wonderkid.

ronitc

I'm going to wait till after a rewatch of the full game and motd as well to give my ratings.

Lancelot

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Touré - 7
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 6.5
Diaby - 7
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 8
Hleb - 8
Adebayor - 6.5
van Persie - 10

SUB
Walcott - 10
Eboue - 7
Gilberto - 8

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 6.5 - made some brave saves, unlucky for the two goals as defense let him down
Clichy 5.5 - worst game this season for him, poor crossing and suspect defending, overconfident at times
Touré 6.5 - got forward well but not great defensively today
Senderos 7 - solid from the big bloke
Sagna 6.5 - dependable
Diaby 6.5 - two very good goals dissallowed, never was the same after the injury
Flamini 6 - not up to his previous efforts
Fabregas 7 - ok but not great
Hleb 7.5 - was everywhere, really slottted in well on the left
van Persie 8 - very good game by the grey one, excellent free kick and a threat all round
Adebayor 6 - not his usual self but worked hard

Walcott 7.5 - excellent cameo, changed the game

beepos

I don't know why people are slating Big Phil, I just watched a replay and he played fine. He was our best defender imo, and even scored!

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom