• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Wednesday January 9, 7.45pm

• Thread starter RC8
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,014
  • Views 61,787

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
I hated everything about last night, by far the worst derby I have ever been to, even ones we have got battered in.

Totally deviod of passion, both on and off the pitch.

this ooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyaaaaaaa nonsense has to stop.

We were terrible last night, but some how didnt lose. How I have no idea.

What has happened to Gilberto? The guy looks like a wreck. He cant run, he cant pass, he cant shoot, he cant tackle. He needs f****g off asap and Diarra needs to be kept.

And can someone please tell me the point of Denilson?

I admit i was one of those mugs who didn't sing enough.

But our fans were shocking. :lol: (apart from the red action area).

To be fair the Sp*rs fans didn't shut up until we scored and even then they didn't go completely dead.

Hopefully we'll be just as good in two weeks or whenever it is.

Biggus

Established Member
Lets keep this in perspective fellas, this is the whatiscalledthisyear cup, We treat it as a reserve competition. If it wasn't for who the opposition are, I suspect Arsène- like most of us would not lose too much sleep over this.

But

As I say the opposition are a little bit "special" :wink: And there is no way we can lose to them, even in tiddlywinks. They are the annoying itch that won't go away no matter how many times we scratch.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I hope with stick with the kids in the second leg, but I also hope to use a sprinkling of the more creative senior players.

To me, I dont think it helps the likes of Walcott feeding of cruddy passes from Gilberto. Diaby on the left doesnt help others much either.

I'd sooner see this:-

---------------------Fabianski

Hoyte------Djourou------Senderos-----Traore

Walcott--------Diarra-------Denilson----Hleb

----------------Bendtner------RvP

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/277558.aspx

:roll:

Spud on Spud warfare is the best kind

Arsenal Average % Capacity for Home Carling Cup Matches this season - 93.6%

Sp**s Average % Capacity for Home Carling Cup Matches this season - 85.82%

The actual reality of the situation doesn't make such good reading does it.

The figures are based on attendance against stated capacity. It would appear from the maths that all things being equal we might struggle to fill a similar sized stadium. In fact we would have another 2000 empty seats.

KingReyes

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
And can someone please tell me the point of Denilson?

These are the same questions we asked at times about the likes of Adebayor and Flamini. Denilson has impressed at times. Last year in the carling cup semi final against the yids was example of what a player he can be. I guess its difficult to show what your made of when you either don't play much or the whole team is **** as it was last night. In Arsène we trust mate. He doesn't get them wrong too often so lets hope Denilson will be another hit.

Enjoy yourself at the swamp for the return leg. I'm sure our support will be much better that night.

KingReyes

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/277558.aspx

:roll:

the only reason they will sell out their dump is because for them this is a European Champions League Cup final. Considering the prices we charge and the importance of the game I'm not surprised we didn't sell out. Then again you would want a full house against your north London rivals.

Deluded ****s the lot of them.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was painful watching that game. I'd rather brush my teeth with a rusty screwdriver than watch the **** again. The balance was horrible, just horrible. I'm struggling to fathom why Diaby continues to be played on the left wing. He loses the ball in terribly dangerous areas and that's partially because all he can do is try to cut in on his right peg or dribble down a blind alley - mainly though because he keeps trying to beat the opposition XI by himself.

There was an element of sadness watching Gilberto last night. I don't think he has ever been capable of carrying a midfield on his own, but last night he was shown up by the likes of Jenas and O'Hara. I don't think our improvement this year was helped by losing Henry, it was helped by losing Bert and putting someone with an engine and above-toilet passing alongside Cesc.

Defence was again, horrible - but I question the wisdom of starting Djourou in such a game in the first place so quickly after returning here. Although he had an absolute 'mare - he has had many injuries this season and I don't think going to Birmingham did anything at all for him. He now has to re-adapt to Arsenal's level again.

Slightly surprised that people seem to think Senderos was much better though. I was amazed at how many times he was playing everyone onside by about 10 yards and headed the ball straight to Jenas. Sp**s could have scored 5 or 6 from one-on-ones if they weren't, well, Sp**s.

Lastly, give credit to the opposition. It wasn't just our mistakes, they are clearly a much better side with Ramos than Jol and ofcourse Ledley King back from injury. I don't why nobody seems to rate Lennon that highly - yes he has little end product but he's still only 19 and has immense potential. Still, don't ever want to see them outplay us like that again.

True Gooner

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I don't think our improvement this year was helped by losing Henry, it was helped by losing Bert and putting someone with an engine and above-toilet passing alongside Cesc.

Thats an interesting point, I certainly think that the absence of Gilberto has helped our midfield players out. Flamini increases the pace of the game and his passing is far more penetrative than Gilberto.
However, Henrys departure has helped inject a sense of self-belief, determination and responsibility into the entire team as a unit.

jadedazzled11

true gooner said:
Arsenal Are...Nice
I watched the Arsenal-Sp**s game at tiny Wembley last night and the only word I can muster to describe the game is...nice. There were some very pretty passages of play and delicate touches in a very well-balanced game, but it was as far removed from arch rivals battling it out in a cup semi-final as it could possibly be. From a football purist's perspective, it was a good game, but from a football fan's point of view, it was lacking edge.

That's my issue with Arsenal; they are little boys playing football like girls. Now I don't mean that as a derogatory slur or a dig at women, it's just all textbook stuff with a strong emphasis on technique, but it doesn't possess the passion or heart of a bloke. If Arsenal were a car they'd be a Honda, a curry they'd be a korma and a woman they'd be Gwyneth Paltrow, all perfectly functional and easy on the eye, but they just don't have the necessary 'X Factor'.

The team just doest have a character. Rooney may be erratic, Ronaldo may be arrogant, Berbatov may be moody, Gerrard may be scouse and Drogba may be a prick, but it's these provoking traits that make them strangely endearing. Arsenal on the other hand are the playing embodiment of Arsenal Wenger, mild-mannered and largely inoffensive yet ultimately dislikeable.
Paul Broadbent

F365..:lol:

Paul Broadbent must be a closet *pukes* Spuds fan. You just cant get rid of his type can you? They seem to pop up everywhere.

For some people,it is "Talk now,think later" :wink:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
true gooner said:
Big Poppa said:
I don't think our improvement this year was helped by losing Henry, it was helped by losing Bert and putting someone with an engine and above-toilet passing alongside Cesc.

Thats an interesting point, I certainly think that the absence of Gilberto has helped our midfield players out. Flamini increases the pace of the game and his passing is far more penetrative than Gilberto.
However, Henrys departure has helped inject a sense of self-belief, determination and responsibility into the entire team as a unit.

Don't get me wrong - he's not exactly a bad player, but I just think he's at his most useful only when we play a 5-man midfield and need a holding player to do nothing other than screen the back four.

When you have just two centre-mids as in a 4-4-2, both need to be capable of effective box-to-box play. I don't think our performance would have been any better if we replaced Bert with Mascherano or Makelele in that game. I'm hoping this point is apparent and we don't see that midfield line-up again.

Biggus

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
true gooner said:
Big Poppa said:

Don't get me wrong - he's not exactly a bad player, but I just think he's at his most useful only when we play a 5-man midfield and need a holding player to do nothing other than screen the back four.

When you have just two centre-mids as in a 4-4-2, both need to be capable of effective box-to-box play. I don't think our performance would have been any better if we replaced Bert with Mascherano or Makelele in that game. I'm hoping this point is apparent and we don't see that midfield line-up again.

We didn't bother to have a player of the year thread last year as it was a no-brainer- Gilberto was by far our most consistent performer. When Henry left and the kids were learing to fly, he held things together. After he returned from an excellent Copa America campaign and recieved the insult from Wenger, his heart has not been in it......sad really.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lord Dula said:
I hope with stick with the kids in the second leg, but I also hope to use a sprinkling of the more creative senior players.

To me, I dont think it helps the likes of Walcott feeding of cruddy passes from Gilberto. Diaby on the left doesnt help others much either.

I'd sooner see this:-

---------------------Fabianski

Hoyte------Djourou------Senderos-----Traore

Walcott--------Diarra-------Denilson----Hleb

----------------Bendtner------RvP

Diarra might be on the pitch for the next tie , just not in Arsenal colours.

Viper

Established Member
Honestly selling Diarra to Sp**s would be the most ****ing stupid thing to ever do. Do you ever think they'll sell a **** like Berbatov to us? No. Exactly.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom