• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Wednesday January 9, 7.45pm

• Thread starter RC8
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,014
  • Views 61,786

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Some of you will know I was at the game last night, and it was without doubt the most uncomfortable evening I've spent at our enormodome.

But, guess what? We should be dead and buried, and we're not. Typical Sp**s ****s singing songs about Wembley at half time. Have they learnt nothing from the semi finals of 1987 and, slightly more recently, 2007? I think, if Arsène only strengthens the midfield a little, Cesc for Gilberto maybe (bearing in mind we have an FA Cup tie following the 2nd leg, we'll take the game and inflict yet more pain on the **** from White Hart Lane.

Thought Justin played well- possible option at centre back on Saturday ahead of the pedestrian and erratic Gilberto?

Fabianski played well, but he must be told to stop throwing the ball out down the middle, nearly cost us on one occasion IIRC.

Pretty much everything else, apart from Eduardo's pass to Theo and Bac Sagna was horrible. Especially the defending for the Sp**s goal, though it was a nice goal by Berbatov.

Nice thing about the ground not being full was me and my mate Gabs could go tearing across our row in a fit of ecstasy when that ball bobbled over the line. Right in front of those horrible Sp**s fans too.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
henry79 said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
They had their best squad out the park yesterday bar zokora that was replaced by o'hara

First half they beat us 1-0 with our atrociuos defence
Second half we beat them 1-0 with a slightly better defence(yes crazy sagna made a massive difference, true warrior) but still none of the big guns, Sp**s should of wrapped up the tie

I really really fancy our chances in the 2nd leg
We were given a lifeline and the chance for our boys to upset WHL is an event that will goad them

Players that will definetly be up for causing an upset are nicklas, denilson eduardo, hoyte and a few more

unlike you I dont fancy our chances,wenger will be playing the same team and I have no confidence in djourou senderos partnership with below part gilberto playing infront of the back four.

Dont think he will player the same players
He may start hoyte at CB or gilberto, sagna right back and put diarra(if he stays)/ diaby in the centre with possibly rosicky starting

The reason why I say we stand a massive chance is
1) Will berbatov still be their player
2) Them now being dubbed favourites could be a massive task for them and may lead to their downfall, theyve shown before they crack under serious pressure

Wenger14

Established Member
I'd like to see Gallas, Cesc and Hleb play in the return leg. The carling cup may not be an important competition but winning it could give us a major boost of confidence at a vital point in the title race. And I truly think we'll win it this time if we get past Sp**s at the lane.

go49oner

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
I'd like to see Gallas, Cesc and Hleb play in the return leg. The carling cup may not be an important competition but winning it could give us a major boost of confidence at a vital point in the title race. And I truly think we'll win it this time if we get past Sp**s at the lane.

Day out for the fans to Wembly on it own is worth the risk.

sesquioxide

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
The reason why I say we stand a massive chance is
1) Will berbatov still be their player
2) Them now being dubbed favourites could be a massive task for them and may lead to their downfall, theyve shown before they crack under serious pressure

I think an additional reason why we are on the ascendency lies in the mathematics. I don't think, no matter how bad our defense is on the day, given how badly we have already played in the last game in defense, we would concede more than 2 goals. Hence the task up front is to score 2. Score 2 and we are most probably through. Score 1 and we will have to pray our defense doesn't concede or our penalty takers are up for it. I'm pretty sure we can score 2 in 120 minutes so we ought to be fine.

True Gooner

Established Member
Biggus said:
What a miss by Defoe at the end.......
What a stupid haircut, they're all idiots. :roll:

Cant blame him
People will do anything to take the attention away from wearing a Sp**s shirt!
:lol:

phenn

If we play the same lineup I won't be confident in a win, because their team was better than ours. Denilson isn't exactly Cesc Fabregas yet and we need to sell Bert to Barca.

If we can avoid getting run over in midfield like we did in that game and get some service to our strikers I think we can take this. We'll see.

the dawn raids

Established Member
all these new injuries last night highlight exactly why we shouldnt be risking our first team players in this competition.

no cesc, no hleb, no gallas. and if they play, 30 minutes at the absolute most.

True Gooner

Established Member
Arsenal Are...Nice
I watched the Arsenal-Sp**s game at tiny Wembley last night and the only word I can muster to describe the game is...nice. There were some very pretty passages of play and delicate touches in a very well-balanced game, but it was as far removed from arch rivals battling it out in a cup semi-final as it could possibly be. From a football purist's perspective, it was a good game, but from a football fan's point of view, it was lacking edge.

That's my issue with Arsenal; they are little boys playing football like girls. Now I don't mean that as a derogatory slur or a dig at women, it's just all textbook stuff with a strong emphasis on technique, but it doesn't possess the passion or heart of a bloke. If Arsenal were a car they'd be a Honda, a curry they'd be a korma and a woman they'd be Gwyneth Paltrow, all perfectly functional and easy on the eye, but they just don't have the necessary 'X Factor'.

The team just doest have a character. Rooney may be erratic, Ronaldo may be arrogant, Berbatov may be moody, Gerrard may be scouse and Drogba may be a prick, but it's these provoking traits that make them strangely endearing. Arsenal on the other hand are the playing embodiment of Arsenal Wenger, mild-mannered and largely inoffensive yet ultimately dislikeable.
Paul Broadbent

F365..:lol:

tam1886

Established Member
I thought Djourou had a terrible game last night, but we all know he is better than that. Apprently he had been carrying a groin injury from his time at Birmingham so perhaps that partially explains why he was so bad.

Gurgen

Established Member
true gooner said:
Arsenal Are...Nice
I watched the Arsenal-Sp**s game at tiny Wembley last night and the only word I can muster to describe the game is...nice. There were some very pretty passages of play and delicate touches in a very well-balanced game, but it was as far removed from arch rivals battling it out in a cup semi-final as it could possibly be. From a football purist's perspective, it was a good game, but from a football fan's point of view, it was lacking edge.

That's my issue with Arsenal; they are little boys playing football like girls. Now I don't mean that as a derogatory slur or a dig at women, it's just all textbook stuff with a strong emphasis on technique, but it doesn't possess the passion or heart of a bloke. If Arsenal were a car they'd be a Honda, a curry they'd be a korma and a woman they'd be Gwyneth Paltrow, all perfectly functional and easy on the eye, but they just don't have the necessary 'X Factor'.

The team just doest have a character. Rooney may be erratic, Ronaldo may be arrogant, Berbatov may be moody, Gerrard may be scouse and Drogba may be a prick, but it's these provoking traits that make them strangely endearing. Arsenal on the other hand are the playing embodiment of Arsenal Wenger, mild-mannered and largely inoffensive yet ultimately dislikeable.
Paul Broadbent

F365..:lol:

Another sexually frustrated ***** who thinks he is a writer.

Yeah, Drogba is 'strangely endearing' :lol:

famous no 10

Established Member
true gooner said:
Arsenal Are...Nice

Paul Broadbent

What a pointless load of waffle from someone who obviously knows, well, **** all.

famous no 10

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I thought Djourou had a terrible game last night, but we all know he is better than that. Apprently he had been carrying a groin injury from his time at Birmingham so perhaps that partially explains why he was so bad.

But is he much better?

A bit, maybe, but much? I don't think so, in fact, I struggle to remember much about him at all...at this point, after doing not much at brum, not much here before his loan deal, and a **** game last night, I'd say he isn't good enough for us....but what's the alternative at the moment? Senderos?
Oh wait a minute...

j'nuh

Why can this country never find middle ground with us? We are too nice, but have the 'most disliked player in the prem' in Eboue, We play 'the best football in europe' but its 'ineffective,'
we have 'no plan b' but have been regularly chastised for scoring from long balls this season, we are either the main perpetrators of the lack of british talent or we have the best academy in england.

famous no 10

Established Member
gunner321 said:
Because the press and the average media influenced football fans are f****g idiots.

So they write s**t about us.

That's about right...if you read THE SUN etc everyday then you'll start to think in that way...and then you may also actually believe MOTD makes sense.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I hated everything about last night, by far the worst derby I have ever been to, even ones we have got battered in.

Totally deviod of passion, both on and off the pitch.

this ooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyaaaaaaa nonsense has to stop.

We were terrible last night, but some how didnt lose. How I have no idea.

What has happened to Gilberto? The guy looks like a wreck. He cant run, he cant pass, he cant shoot, he cant tackle. He needs ****ing off asap and Diarra needs to be kept.

And can someone please tell me the point of Denilson?

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom