• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Wednesday January 9, 7.45pm

• Thread starter RC8
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,014
  • Views 61,946

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

_scorpion_ said:
Djourou needs to be reminded about his height a couple of times during each match he plays.

The guy is built like Tarazan , but plays like Jane!

Hoyte looks a different player at CB - much more composed than at RB!

:lol:

AFCG7

Established Member
Agree with Beepos - we gave them so many chances to win and they still cant beat our second string with their full strength squad.

phenn

Just for the record, Sp**s were playing some seriously slick stuff, especially with their forwards who were outstanding. If Malbranque and Defoe weren't continuing the bottling tradition we'd have lost.

mindchnger

I feel that our 2nd string midfield has been having a poor run of games lately, and that was continued today. They were all pretty nonexistent today, to be honest, not helping out our back four and not providing any service to our front two. In particular Diaby, in both this and the Burnley game, has been very frustrating with the way that he constantly drifts into the center giving no width to our left side and leaving Traore exposed. He was constantly dispossessed today because he didn't look up and see that he was running into trouble with his dribbling. He's just having a torrid time out there on the left. I just hope for the next CC or FA Cup game we have at least one of our first-team midfielders on our bench in case we need them because we lacked creativity and defensive help today. Even at this stage last year we had Cesc playing in the middle.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Why? Why the **** were we not beaten 3-0 as we deserved to be. At least than Wenger would have finally decided to bring back his glasses.

I would just love to see just what Gilberto does in training, he must play like Messi for him to be picked. He has been piss poor in every game he has played in this year, yet he still gets picked. Would playing Randall in DM have been any worse that Bert there, even if Randall ain't defensive? I don't think so. Prior to the Spuds goal, Berba dropped into the space between our def and mid and played two excellent balls without being picked up. Bert of last season would not have given him the chance in the 1st place or atleast learnt his mistake and snuffed out the 2nd. But, no even after the two moments, Bert allowed Jenas to run through the middle to tap in. I am sorry but he has gone completely down in my eyes, he plays with no drive, or composure. Theo and Diaby were as bad but they have the benefit of the doubt due to their age, but Bert cannot be afforded the same excuse. Sell him now, he is nothing but a liability.

Secondly, Senderos makes another couple mistakes this game. How can a player play good but still make mistakes in almost every game he plays in. He was the senior defender, yet the backline's offside trap was beaten time and time and time and time and time and time again. He's gonna replace Toure FFS. The worse bit was how Keane troubled him a few times in the air. Toure and Gallas were troubled but they make up for it. Not Senderos though. He was not **** in the game, my problem with him is, he can play an excellent 90 minutes but still make a few mistakes.

At least we have seen a few improvements. Traore delt better against Lennon. Resilience was shown again. Edu barely touched the ball but gave another sublime assist.

Last but not least our full 2nd choice defence is absolutely pathetic. Also the last 2 times we have played the Spuds we have been outplayed, we may well be severly punished next time round.

Nutsy

Established Member
phenn said:
Just for the record, Sp**s were playing some seriously slick stuff, especially with their forwards who were outstanding. If Malbranque and Defoe weren't continuing the bottling tradition we'd have lost.

Yes but it will be a hollowed victory nonetheless. They couldn't even beat our second string squad for ffs. Again, Sp**s up and then they **** it up. Typical to be honest.

I figured that our second string hasn't been convincing. they were pretty poor against Burnley, lets just hope they can get over the funk they're in or it's going to be a long season..

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Hmmm so JD got subbed at half time, wow something tells me Arsène may just be and rightly so be after a CB this window and he could be the one to get the axe

Thought we would of won tonight but with the squad we had out and the chances Sp**s never finished off, its safe to say we are the happier team for sure

Yet again, they lose their bottle and throw away another good opportunity to put them one foot in the final
I feel even more happier based on our crap display, but Sp**s' spine was fantastic today

Ledley, jenas and berbatov were very energetic and top of the pile by miles today
I said before this is their best opportunity to beat us judging the teams and they never took it

Now to unleash a couple of the big guns in the return leg, put some pressure onto our boys to perform

True Gooner

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Hmmm so JD got subbed at half time, wow something tells me Arsène may just be and rightly so be after a CB this window and he could be the one to get the axe

I doubt it. Wenger will give him more time obviously, but he was shocking today, I think he needs a kick in the backside to remind him that this is not Birmingham and he is not a regular starter and players like Hoyte, Song, Senderos and Sagna are more than capable at filling his place..
He will be filling pretty miserable at the moment, it takes alot for Arsène to sub a player by HT in the Carling Cup at home..hope he sorts himself out though because he was a very good defender before he left..although he still had a few unpolished edges..

If anything Wenger has to keep an eye on the CM position ,its dwindling quickly

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
phenn said:

Yes but it will be a hollowed victory nonetheless. They couldn't even beat our second string squad for ffs. Again, Sp**s up and then they f**k it up. Typical to be honest.

I figured that our second string hasn't been convincing. they were pretty poor against Burnley, lets just hope they can get over the funk they're in or it's going to be a long season..

Exactly Nadz, this was Sp**s biggest opportunity to turn us over this decade and even I thought we'll still beat em, says it all really

But we didnt, but never loss
Our second squad got outplayed by their strongest team and Sp**s still f****d it up against these lot.
Raving Ramos may come across as a silent assasin but thats because he cant effing speak english

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
true gooner said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

I doubt it. Wenger will give him more time obviously, but he was shocking today, I think he needs a kick in the backside to remind him that this is not Birmingham and he is not a regular starter and players like Hoyte, Song, Senderos and Sagna are more than capable at filling his place..
He will be filling pretty miserable at the moment, it takes alot for Arsène to sub a player by HT in the Carling Cup at home..hope he sorts himself out though because he was a very good defender before he left..although he still had a few unpolished edges..

If anything Wenger has to keep an eye on the CM position ,its dwindling quickly

Ahhh the CM situation
Well it seems to me that newcastle are out of the running for diarra as big sam has left his post the bee chewing mug
Flaminis situation is still undecided but I feel he will stay

Maybe Arsène has plans for JD in the mid, poor old bert was good today and he has to stay but you can see he just cant keep up with the fast flowing football we produce

This CM situation we have is still up in the air but one thing is clear, were on top and lets keeping getting the wins

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Think we can beat them up WHL
Most people would think Sp**s will win, but the mental block is still there

We know if this squad steps up a gear or two, we can turn out anyone on our day

Our second squad loves to play away from home when they are seen as clear underdogs

mindchnger

Just posted this on the upcoming Birmingham game thread as well.

Post-game comments

Wenger was relived to come away with a draw but he was counting the cost of injuries to four of his players.

Johan Djourou (groin), Senderos (knee) and Robin van Persie (thigh) will have to be assessed and Walcott picked up an ankle knock but it is not thought to be serious.

Along with Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure and Alexandre Song away for the African Nations Cup, Wenger faces selection problems, particularly in central defence.

"We've suddenly lost six players," said Frenchman Wenger.

When asked who will play at centre-back against Birmingham on Saturday, he joked: "Me."

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
mindchnger said:
Just posted this on the upcoming Birmingham game thread as well.

Post-game comments

Wenger was relived to come away with a draw but he was counting the cost of injuries to four of his players.

Johan Djourou (groin), Senderos (knee) and Robin van Persie (thigh) will have to be assessed and Walcott picked up an ankle knock but it is not thought to be serious.

Along with Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Touré and Alexandre Song away for the African Nations Cup, Wenger faces selection problems, particularly in central defence.

"We've suddenly lost six players," said Frenchman Wenger.

When asked who will play at centre-back against Birmingham on Saturday, he joked: "Me."

Hmm doesnt look too promising, may see hoyte play CB which is no big deal as hes shown he has the ability and mind to play there as hes done so in the past

Well this is what a big squad does, rotate at thick and fast games like these

JazzG

Established Member
Hope Wenger has learned his mistake here, too many players in midfield were short on match practise and well out of form and we were nearly made to pay for it. We were terrible for most of that match and didn't deserve a draw! Needs a much stronger team in the next match, that is for sure.

Thought defensively we looked much more solid at the back with Hoyte as CB and Sagna as RB. Hoyte did quite well, I don't think Berbatov beat him in the air once which was shocking, I've seen Vidic struggle with Berbatov in the air and then I see Hoyte dominate him in the air :?

nazo

Established Member
Gilberto was horrible.

Terrible performance but we got away with a draw. Fabianski was solid enough, just spilling one ball but good overall. Hoyte was mehish in the first half then in the second half he was actually outstanding. Djourou, oh Djourou. Bad game for him, his heading/clearing is horrible, and he doesn't use that monster body he has. He's a little kid in an adults body. Senderos was decent in the first, much better in the second, good game from him. Traore was good. Theo was pathetic, never got past Lee and always seems to lose the ball between his feet, lucky goal btw. Denilson was good and tried to create. Gilberto as i said above, was horrible,everything he tried didn't work and he looks like he has his mind on something else. Diaby was a mixed bag. He was horrible at best in the first half, trying to take on way too many players at the same time and at the wrong place. Second half he got much better, and was a threat but he still stuck to the ball in bad places (good thing he got himself out). Bendtner was ok overall, won lots and lots of headers but noone was there to benefit from them, he should take more shots if he wants to score. Robin was creative, good and it was great to see him back.

Sagna was very very solid, best player in the second half. Fantastic job from him. Eduardo didn't do much but fantastic pass for the goal.

We better beat the **** out of the **** in the second leg.

nazo

Established Member
JazzG said:
Hope Wenger has learned his mistake here, too many players in midfield were short on match practise and well out of form and we were nearly made to pay for it. We were terrible for most of that match and didn't deserve a draw! Needs a much stronger team in the next match, that is for sure.

Thought defensively we looked much more solid at the back with Hoyte as CB and Sagna as RB. Hoyte did quite well, I don't think Berbatov beat him in the air once which was shocking, I've seen Vidic struggle with Berbatov in the air and then I see Hoyte dominate him in the air :?

Surprised me too :shock: He won way too many headers and kept Berbatov quiet, wtf was up with that.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Agree with Beepos - we gave them so many chances to win and they still cant beat our second string with their full strength squad.

God is indeed a Gooner. No other explanation for it. They just can't beat us.

We were really crap ... Crystal Palace would have beaten us ...

but not Spuds.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom