• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Aston Villa Match Ratings

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa Match Ratings ^^ :D (Y)

Thionk some of the ratings for Denilson are harsh YES he did give the ball away a few times but he battled hard, won a lot of free kicks and moved well. The fact Fabreas came on and did what he did is perhaps making Denilsons contribution look shameful in comparison.

Segway

I say **** the negative people on here. We won deservedly 3-0 against a good Villa side with some beatiful play and strong defence.

Almunia 7.5 - Very good. Picked up the crosses and made a decent save against Agbonlahor.

Sagna 6.5 - Solid but unspectacular.
Gallas 7.5 - Made some crucial tackles and interceptions. Well done.
Vermaelen 7.5 - Same as Gallas. Helped make sure that Villa didn't get a sniff of our goal in the 2nd half.
Traore 7.5 - His pass that led to the 3rd goal was brilliant and he was generally very strong going forward.

Song 7 - Put in some strong tackles and spread play well with his passing.
Denilson 6.5 - Did okay while on the field and tracked back well to defend.
Diaby 9 - So good in the 1st half. Villa didn't have any response. Faded in the 2nd half but still came up with that beauty of a goal.

Nasri 6 - Didn't produce much but still contributed well enough with his short-passing.
Eduardo 5.5 - Should have done better on that chance in the beginning of the game.
Arshavin 7 - Some good play in the tight areas and managed to produce some good passes.

Walcott 8 - Very positive impact and a great assist.
Fabregas 10 - World class. Captain fantastic.
Ramsey n/a

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 8
Traore - 7
Song - 7
Denilson - 5
Diaby - 8
Nasri - 7
Arshavin - 5
Eduardo - 5

Fabregas - 10
Walcott - 7
Ramsey - Not on long enough

GaelForce22

Established Member

Almunia 8

Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 8
Traore 7

Song 7
Denilson 7
Diaby 8

Nasri 5
Arshavin 6
Eduardo 5

Fabregas 10
Walcott 7

Timleaf

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
not by much. we were slightly better than villa and before cesc came on, the match could have gone either way. villa created 2-3 really good chances in the first half and looked sharp on the breaks. fabregas won us this match. of that there is no doubt.

2-3 really good chances? I honestly cant remember any of them. They had a 10 minute spell halfway through the first half when they had a few set-pieces and won a few knock downs on the edge of our box, but at no point did we ever look under pressure.

We did a job on them today, superior in pretty much every department, not least desire and work rate. We looked like a proper team today imo.

Ratings-wise, I thought Tommy V and Traore were especially good, and Denilson was excellent in the first half, but started the second a bit slowly. Obviously Cesc did a Cesc.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Timleaf said:
2-3 really good chances? I honestly cant remember any of them. They had a 10 minute spell halfway through the first half when they had a few set-pieces and won a few knock downs on the edge of our box, but at no point did we ever look under pressure.

We did a job on them today, superior in pretty much every department, not least desire and work rate. We looked like a proper team today imo.

Agree with all that.

I'm not getting carried away yet though, been left disappointed too many times :)

Proof

Established Member

Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7.5
Traore 7

Song 8
Diaby 9
Denilson 7

Nasri 6
Eduardo 6
Arshavin 6

Subs:
Fabregas 10
Walcott 7
Ramsey N/A

The Gambler

dave_rwr said:
Individually, I don't even care. As a team, 9.5.

This was a game that we came into and there were a lot of doubters. Villa beat United, Chelsea and Pool, and most people were giving us little to no chance. To come out 3-0 is a huge boost for the team as a whole, and showed that we aren't the little pansies that people often think we are.

My favourite moment of the game, by far, was seeing Vermaelen battle it out with Agbonlahor near the end. The heart in that effort, and the smile on Agbonlahor's face afterward is exactly what I love about this team when we play with heart.

Lovely game to watch.

Well said. Vermaelen's tenacity in that little battle encapsulated his contribution this season.

MAK 14

Established Member

Almunia - 7

Sagna - 7.5
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 8
Traore - 7

Song - 7
Denilson - 7
Diaby - 8.5

Eduardo - 6
Arshavin - 6.5
Nasri - 6

Cesc - 9
Walcott - 7
Ramsey - 6

ricky1985

Established Member

Almunia - 8.

Sagna - 7.
Gallas - 8.
Vermaelen - 8.
Traore - 7.

Song - 7.
Denilson - 7.
Diaby - 9.

Nasri - 5.
Arshavin - 5.
Eduardo - 6.

Fabregas - Genius!

Absolutely ecstatic with the performance, especially their attitude.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

truth_hurts said:
Almunia 6 - didn't have much to do.
Sagna 7.5 - typical solid game, kept both wingers silent.
Gallas 7.5 - bar one lapse very good in both halfs of the pitch.
Vermaelen 8 - Extremelly solid.
Traore 7.5 - fast becoming my favourite left back.
Diaby 8.5 - tormented Villa throughout the game, great goal.
Denilson 7 - typically hard working plus neat and tidy.
Song 7.5 - solid show started great but got a little sloppy late on.
Arshavin 7 - quite a quiet game but looked dangerous on the ball.
Nasri 7 - started sklow but grew into the game.
Eduardo 6.5 - quiet game but found some good positions.

Walcott 7.5 - looked a threat and great assist.
Fabregas 9 - majestic full stop!

Drop Nasri & Andrei down to a 6.5 and this will do for me

nazo

Established Member

Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 6
Vermaelen - 6
Traore - 6

Song - 7
Denilson - 6
Diaby - 8

Eduardo - 6
Arshavin - 6
Nasri - 6

Cesc - 10
Walcott - 7
Ramsey - 6

yuvken

Established Member

No grades, just some points for players:

Diaby - AW said it could be his season (about 3 months ago). it looked like a joke til now.

Nasri: Cocky. Problem? yes. advantage? yes. which more? I like Sam. And he could use a slap.

Traore: I think still in December we were worried with our 3rd LB. How time flies. (Future AW headache?)

TV: Not only that he could compete in the air; that he reads the game; he is always commanding it.

Denilson: all he does is underrated. Shame. I'm happy with him (though he does have weak points).

Ed: didn't deliver yet, but I'm not out of hope. I actually saw things that made me hope more (but it will take time).

Theo: I'm sorry, man, for all I was thinking of you lately. Sorry. now keep it up.

Cesc: This is a performance we'll be mentioning in talks for years. I think Klaus said "the best 20 mins performance I have ever seen". Ditto.
What with that free kick?
What with us only a week ago thinking we can't get goals from FKs? Kickers galore. But mainly Cesc: this was no luck - it was like TH at his peak. And he took that 40 yd one just when he got on, and meant it. I don't understand: where was this until now?

outlaw_member

Established Member

It's funny that I rated each of our defenders only a 6 but as a collective they were a 9.5. No defender was particularly above average, not even Vermaelen but our organisation and positioning was outstanding.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Vermaelen not above average? He was utterly outstanding.

His desire to win every ball already merited a 7

nazo

Established Member

Clichy's going to slot right back into the first 11 regardless of how well Traore does.

flobaba

Almunia - 6 (Loved the last gasp claw away from Agbonlahor. good to know he wanted a clean sheet too)

Sagna - 6 (Solid defensively, enough of the stupid crosses already)

Vermaelen - 7 (Agbonlahor in his backpocket all day. Did Carew think Heskey had been joking out there. don't remember him getting a touch either)

Gallas - 7 (Similarly solid, except for the time he let Agbonlahor get away from him)

Traore - 7.5 (Best of the lot. hardly put a foot wrong. Offensively, and defensively too. Clichy does NOT deserve to waltz back into the team if he keeps this up)

Song- 7 (default)

Diaby - 8 (These type of performances is what he 'does'. My pick for goal of the game. Regardless that it came at the end. Power, Grace, Confidence. Diabydona is finally showing his true self? He seems to have stopped trying to force his game and cut out the silly, unnecessary dribbles. Generally, keeping it simple, which is all we ever asked of him. Every other thing now comes naturally. Probably learnt from watching Song. Well done to Alfonso's future WPOTY. Keep it up!)

Denilson - 6.5 (Decent game. Not outstanding. Decent. Which isn't bad, but just.. decent)

Nasri - 6.5 (The "new Zidane" Still Needs to get on the ball more and be more influential with it. he's got the ability. Needs to have the confidence. More to come from him. Have no doubt about that)

Eduardo - 6 (He needs to have buried that chance early on. He's getting the looks but not enough conviction when pulling the trigger. Keeping the faith though. Hope he picks up form/scoring boots from somewhere. Soon)

Arshavin - 7 (Would have got a 6. But I just looooooved the cute nutmeg and shimmy towards the end of the game. Totally unnecessary. Totally cheeky. Totally Arshavin.)

SUBS:

Fabregas - ***** (Is he really Jesus? 2 miracles in 20 minutes? that's my definition of a cameo. Loved his passion. Loved the fact that he knows anything Denilson can do, he can probably do much better, hope he gets back to full fitness soon. Well done Captain.)

Walcott - 6. (Much better from mommy's boy. Good run and assist)

Ramsey - 5 (didn't have much time on)

Team performance of the season thus far. Well done. Keep it up all. Now lets sign off 2009 on a great note by getting all 3 points at Fratton Park.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Almunia......7

sagna.....7
gallas.....6
vermaelen.....8
traore......8

song.....6
denilson....6
diaby.....7

arshavin....6
eduardo....5
nasri.....6

fabregas.....10
ramsey...5
theo.......6

fabo

6.51 / 10

Nasri has to start stepping up his game - he's pretty much pointless right now. Just gives the ball to the nearest player...usually Sagna. Hence so much is expected of Sagna offensively.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom