• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea Player Ratings

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 8

Sagna 7.5
Toure - 7.5
Gallas - 8
Clichy - 8.5

Eboue - 7
Fabregas - 7
Flamini - 7.5
Rosicky - 7.5

Hleb - 7

Adebayor - 7

Subs
Gilberto - 6
Bendtner - 7 - for the 2mins that he was on :lol:
RVP - 6.5

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 8

Sagna 8
Touré - 8
Gallas - 8
Clichy - 9

Eboue - 7
Fabregas - 7
Flamini - 8
Rosicky - 7.5

Hleb - 7

Adebayor - 7

Subs
Gilberto - 6
Robin - 6.5

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia - 7

Sagna 7.5
Touré - 8
Gallas - 9
Clichy - 8.5

Eboue - 7
Fabregas - 7
Flamini - 7.5
Rosicky - 7.5

Hleb - 7
Adebayor - 7

Subs
Gilberto - 4
Robin - 6.5

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 9 Officially our no1 keeper his best game for us

Sagna 8
Touré - 8
Gallas - 8.5
Clichy - 9 SWP had no chance

Eboue - 7.5
Fabregas - 7.5
Flamini - 8
Rosicky - 7

Hleb - 7.5

Adebayor - 7.5

Subs
Gilberto - 6 he really worries me
Robin - 7
Bendntner- 7

Goalkeeper

Almunia - 9 - You really couldn't ask for more.

Sagna - 7 - Solid

Toure - 8 - Brilliantly defensively. I wonder if he will ever stop taking those ridiculous free kicks though.

Gallas - 9 - Captain's performance. The winning goal and great defensive display.

Clichy - 7 - Good defensively. Didn't really see much going forward.

Eboue - 5 - Overall, rather ineffective. Failed many times to pick out Sagna or play the final pass. Defensively though, he was good.

Hleb - 6 - looked rusty.

Fabregas 6 - same with Hleb.

Rosicky - 7 - Briliant when winning the ball. I thought his passing was better than Fabregas or Hleb.

Flamini - 8 - Good game.

Adebayor - 6 - Pretty ineffective in the first half without the help of Van Persie. Dropped too far into midfield for my liking.

Subs:
Gilberto - 5 - Did what he was suppose to, although he gave me a scare with the conceded free kick.

Van Persie - 7 - Immediate impact on the pitch. Didn't get a goal, but he was exactly what the team needed. If only he had started instead of Eboue.

arsmile

Established Member
What I was thinking at half time

My midpoint musings

1) its all very positive
2) good posesion in good postitons- albeit lacking in the final ball
3) great to have flams, cesc, hleb back- but none have shined- cesc is the one who has asserted himself on the match
4) eboue has probably looked our biggest threat
5) our fullbacks have had jc and swp in their pockets- totally
6) very good that terry’s gone off
7) who woulda thought cech would be the keeper to bugger up, that means almunia is better than cech- categorically- awful error- and it would have been cleared if they had anyone on the post
8) on a side note- vandersar was terrible this morning as well- it shows that supposedly good keepers bugger up sometimes- and when we looked at al, some people do overestimate how good other goalkeepers are in relation to him
9) I woulda put money on galas opening the scoring
10) Alan wiley is a very bad referee- don’t know why he’s been given this match- he dosent look like he knows what he’s doing- handing out bookings randomly, making decisions while not keeping up woth play etc
11) Eboue’s tackle on terry was not that bad, he just left his foot in to block the shot- terry’s on cesc, was, on the otherhand just a pathetic and futile attempt to hurt the Spaniard.

What I’m thinking now- yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Almunia-8- saved everything- admittedly he probably should have saved everything- but he sure saved them alright, and saved them well, clever at the end to buy us some time with his feet, had a few disagreements with gallas- but that’s ok- that mean there is communication- I saw al screaming ‘away’ so gallas kicked it away and then complained that al should have come out- that proves the communication is getting better, and that galas is prepared to do as al said, very assured performance, particularly, as I have said, when you compare it to Chelsea and manures ‘world-class’ keepers today who were awful (despite some good reactions from cech at the end)

Sagna-8.5- is really important when we are penned in- is a great header of the ball, and wins all the tackles he goes in for, you know exavtly what you’re gonna get from him: stupid hair +100% commitment

Toure-7.5- good, he hasn’t been as great as we have known him to be of late- still did very well- but had just a couple of moments where he was caught out of positon- and sometimes his long balls are completely aimless- despite all that- was solid

Gallas-8- great, what a captain he has turned out to be

Clichy-8.5- the same as sagna- made wright-phillips look like a school-kid, brilliant defensively, brilliant offensively- made some great runs, and his final balls were, although less ambitious, effective

Eboue-7- was our biggest threat in the first half, has shown some skills that make you wonder what on earth a fullback was doing with, also, big plus for taking terry out the game- the tackle wasn’t one of his nasty ones I don’t reckon, his foot was just dangling there and terry smacked it

Fabregas-8- great to have him back- was brilliant, he an flams ruled the midfield- lumpart was non-existant, should have really bagged himself a couple of goals- hw came straight back in and gave us exactly what we expected from him

Flamini-8.5- same as cesc but was so very important defensively as well- one tackle in particular recovering from one of cesc’s mistakes- gave the midfield drive, made the Chelsea midfield disappear- we missed him as much as cesc

Rosicky-7.5- good, really helped clichy defensivly this match- was important in our counter attacks at the very end, he wasn’t great, but it did all that was required of him in a match like this

Hleb-7- more than cesc and flams, he looked off the pace, I suppose that is reasonable- he has been missing the longest, still looked like he could spark off a move at anytime- he just didn’t

Ade-7- I was tying with a 6.5 for him though, I thought he did ok, needs to time his jumping better to bring down some of the long balls, he did ok really- nothing great, nothing bad- his ball retention is improving- his touch and passing looked better, was unlucky to get a goal disallowed

Vanpersie-8- made a lot of opportunities and we did change completely when he came on and we went 442, not afraid to take the shot on as ever, should have really got a goal- great to see him back, I gots a feeling it might not be too long before he leaps over ade in the goal scoring charts if we can keep him fit

Glib-6-did make us look more solid in defense, but does have a nasty habit of giving away dangerous free-kicks and the odd dodgy pass- mind you it would be an unimaginable luxury to keep him here to play that role for the rest of the season; come on for 20 minutes if we are struggling defensivly- I wonder if he’s be up for it- there’s a guaranteed premiership winners medal in it for him!!!

Yeah- great to win, that hour we spent at 2nd did not feel great- lets not do that again.

Referee was useless, was handing out yellow cards like they were going out of fashion- and was downright biased in some of his ‘foul’ decisions……..

I think it is ironic that many of you have been saying ‘we wont win the title cos we aint got a world class keeper’ and we go and win this match more or less entirely because of a mistake by a ‘world class keeper’.

I’m feeling good……

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Almunia- 9
Sagna- 8
Toure-7
Gallas-8
Clichy-9
Eboue-7
Fabregas-7
Flamini-8
Rosicky-8
Hleb-7
Ade-7

Robin-8
Bert-6

dutchMasta

Almunia - 8 (Great game, saved everything, and caught some hard shots)
Sagna 7 (Solid game)
Touré - 7 (Solid, and good to see less long balls)
Gallas - 8 (Match winner)
Clichy - 7 (Played well defensively)
Eboue - 7 (Tricky, good game)
Fabregas - 6.5 (Mostly comfortable, should've scored twice though, and bit rusty at times)
Flamini - 7.5 (Closed down everything)
Rosicky - 7.5 (Huge threat on the left)
Hleb - 6.5 (Positive play, but not at his best)
Adebayor - 7 (Handful for the defense)

Subs
Gilberto - 5.5 (Gave away a dangerous free kick, really worried about him)
RVP - 7 (Instant impact)

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 8
Made at least 5 good to great saves and easily showed why he would be Arsenal first choice keeper. Hope he silenced a few critics who said Lehmann should be given another go - Why, when Almunia's doing well?

Sagna 7
Got stuck in and had loads of runs down the wing. Good call on the first foul on Cole, hah.

Touré - 7
Did well with intercepts and headers. Didn't exactly set the world alight with his defending today, but did what he needed to, and did it well enough.

Gallas - 8
Good vision to make the header even when in all probability Cech was going to make the save. Did his defending well and led the team well also.

Clichy - 8
Great defending, great getting forward. Did Wright-Phillips over a couple of times and covered his flank very well. Ashley who?

Eboue - 6
Didn't really do much at all. Rolled around a couple of times and cut inside when he should have passed to the wing. Had 1 shot which made me wince.

Fabregas - 6
I didn't really rate him today. Seemed into theatrics and didn't really let his playing do the talking. Still, good tackle against Cole and was good to square up to Terry after a dodgy tackle. Maybe should have done better with a couple of his shots. Did alright for his first game back.

Flamini - 7
Was all over the place (In a good way) and made 1 or 2 decent runs. Mopped up for Fabregas and put several good tackles in. Did well for his first game back.

Rosicky - 7
Made some good runs, especially near the end, after a slow first half. Maybe was offside for Van Persie's goal, but in my opinion made up for it by doing some good defending with Clichy.

Hleb - 7
Had quite a quiet game actually. Should've really played on the right instead of Eboue, as the heavy work in the middle was maybe a bit much just coming back. Lucky not to be injured a couple of times. Did alright for his first game back.

Adebayor - 5
His performance today just angered me. Literally did nothing. Was invisible for much of the game and his only 2 events of any note were a shot over the bar and a disallowed goal. Drifted and stayed too wide when we needed someone in the middle. (Which is why 4-5-1 is so crap). Really didn't impress me today.

Van Persie - 7
Came on and looked lively. Had a couple of shots, 1 he definately should have put away, and 1 he was in no way at fault for being disallowed. Gave us a new energy. Did very well for his second game back.

Gilberto - 5
Came on and did nothing but concede a foul near the area that had to be well saved. A shadow of his former self.

Bendtner - 6
Came on and made a good move to get past a player and should've really shot before passing for Fabregas to have a falling out with Cole. Still, did alright considering he was only on for 90 seconds. Did more than Gilberto.

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7.5 - some fine stops today

Sagna 8 - solid and fiesty
Touré 8 - solid, albeit a little nervy
Gallas 8 - another big goal by the big man
Clichy 9 - excellent performance, snuffed out virtually all on his side

Eboue 7 - decent showing
Fabregas 7 - very sloppy at times but great to have him back
Flamini 8 - tireless display
Rosicky 7.5 tenacious effort

Hleb 7.5 - was pulling the strings for us

Adebayor 7 - worked hard with little end product, should have had a dissallowed goal

Subs
Gilberto - 6
Robin - 7 - instant impact

DC Gunner

Established Member
Almunia - 8

Sagna 7.5
Touré - 7
Gallas - 8.5
Clichy - 8.5

Eboue - 7.5
Fabregas - 7
Flamini - 7.5
Rosicky - 7.5

Hleb - 7

Adebayor - 7

Subs

RVP - 7

Dragon181

First thing to note: Almunia was AMAZING.
Second thing to note: Cech was SUPERB. If not for the goal, he could've been their MOTM. Luckily for us, even the best make mistakes.

Almunia - 8 Wow. The best keeper on the pitch today. And that's saying a lot.

Sagna - 7 Solid.

Touré - 7 Another good day's work. So much better than Boro.

Gallas - 8 Missed the goal (because my stream cut out), but he scored, and against Chelsea! Good defending. What happened to him that he needed to get the trainers look at him? Looked like he was passed out or something.

Clichy - 7 Shows why Wenger could let Ashley go. Really solid defensively. Now if he could learn to cross...

Eboue - 7 Looked dangerous with his runs to the middle and nice through passes. Needs to make up his mind faster though. I hope the injury isn't serious.

Hleb - 6,5 Not quite match fit yet.

Fabregas - 7 Played decently well after injury. Should've scored, but Cech was brilliant. I liked his tackle on Cole, but didn't like his play-acting afterwards.

Rosicky - 7 Worked hard. Was all over the pitch. Should've had an assist, but was correctly ruled offside.

Flamini - 7,5 Industrious. Good defense. Showed little rust, if any.

Adebayor - 6,5 - Brought both sides of his game today - the sloppy passing and 1-2s, bad first touch, but scored a goal that was incorrectly called a foul. Also had a better day timing his jumps.

Subs:
Van Persie - 7 Looked dangerous every time he got the ball. His finishing needs some polishing, but he played really well today.

Gilberto - 6,5 Played well enough. Conceded a dangerous free kick though.

Good game overall. Poor officiating and Chelsea were constantly trying to hurt our players. Then again, they lost Terry. But we might've lost Eboue and Hleb.

lagos

Established Member
Dragon181 said:
First Eboue - 7 Looked dangerous with his runs to the middle and nice through passes. Needs to make up his mind faster though. I hope the injury isn't serious. .

I was just thinking that nobody seems to be talking about Eboue's injury

giuliob

5 = average

Almunia - 8 His best game of the season....Although SWP didn't score in the 2nd half, he seemed to come off his line a bit wishywashy....

Sagna - 7.5 Tough as nails; did a fine job defensively
Toure - 7.5 Came through as usual..
Gallas - 8 The winning header; outstanding pitch leader
Clichy - 7.5 No runs forward; a solid defensive job

Eboue -7 Really did well while he was on the pitch with some decent runs......But cut out the theatrics....
Fabregas 5.5 Seemed rusty, too much uncontrolled emotion; missed finishing; so so passing
Flamini 7 He settled down in the 2nd half; Looked in form
Rosicky 7.5

Hleb - 6 Seemed rusty, but adds so much even though he wasn't at his best....Sometimes it's just that extra pass tha drives me nuts...
Adebayer - 7 Another one who passed once too often.....But he showed good ball skills....

Van Persie - 8 He changed the energy of the game just when we looked a little shaky.....He is one dangerous player.......
Gilberto - 7 Did an excellent job shoring up the defensive four
Bendter 7 Althoug he only played 5 minutes, they were the most efficient minutes ever....If only he had gotten his foot on one of those balls Fabs missed at the end....

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 8
Clichy - 7
Gallas - 8
Toure - 7
Sagna - 8
Flamini - 7.5
Fabregas - 7
Rosicky - 8
Eboue - 5.5
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 7

gstew

Almunia - 8.5 Did nothing wrong and did a lot right.

Sagna 8 Shut Joe Cole down.
Touré - 8 Played well.
Gallas - 8.5 Our captain!
Clichy - 9.5 Was spectacular.

Eboue - 7
Fabregas - 6.5 Great to have him back, but the misses were egregious.
Flamini - 7.5 Some of his passing wasn't sharp, but he did his job very well.
Rosicky - 7

Hleb - 6.5 Uneven performance, but we could definitely see what we had been missing.

Adebayor - 8 Did his job up front and should have had a certain goal and assist. His goal was good.

Subs
Gilberto - 5.5 No reason to give up that free kick. He scared me to death.
Bendtner - 8 Was excellent for his short stint.
RVP - 7 Was so very dangerous, but missed a sitter.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Almunia (7): Did well when called upon and had a few good saves. Am I starting to feel confident with him in goal...?

Clichy (7.5): Probably my man of the match; outshone his predecessor.

Gallas (6.5): Other than the goal he did little but then there was little to do.

Toure (6): Not a great day from Toure, was a bit clumsy but luckily the Chelsea attack (Sheva) was useless.

Sagna (7): Consistent, had Chelsea's best player against him and performed well.

Rosicky (7): Someone whose performance will probably go unnoticed; was our best attacker until RVP came on in my opinion, worked effortlessly in defence and attack. Most creative player with Fab and Hleb off the pace today. Good performance.

Flamini (7): Solid, barely put a foot wrong and cut out many of Chelsea's move before they reached fruition; getting better every game.

Fabregas (6): Disapointing largely, did not get too involved but then we couldn't really expect much coming back from injury so soon. Good to see us win when he didn't play well.

Eboue (6): Another fruitless display, some good work but with little end product; needs to improve decision making still.

Hleb (6): As with Fab, he was a bit disapointing for the same reasons. Tended to linger in midfield a little when Ade needed him. Not too bad, not too good. Las season this would have been one of his better performances; the sign of an improved player.

Adebayor (6): Lonely by himself up front, looked better when Robin kept him company. Some nice touches early on and some good work at the end. Nothing special.

Subs

Van Persie (7): Positive play coming back from a long lay off; we have missed him I think.

Gilberto (5): Did not strike me with confidence, sad to see him like this. Maybe he should be of now...

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom