• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea Player Ratings

sabret00the

Established Member
The battle of the left backs was an interesting one. Clichy comes out the winner but interesting none the less. For me it was never going to have another outcome other than Wright-Phillips being non-effective. Clichy is a decent defender and Chelsea's Wright-Phillips is decent at best. Clichy is a great dribbler but he lacks directional variance and a cool head on the ball which is required to keep possession for possession sake (or when all your runners are behind you) which by there is no better than Hleb at doing. Both of those are things that relatively speaking Cole has over Clichy, along with better link up play (though i think it's unfair to judge Clichy where by he's having to play with Tomás) and more aggression. Clichy emerged from yesterday as the better tackler, the better defender and the winner. Cole came out looking like a **** who couldn't put off this match any longer.

awooga83

Established Member
USArsenal said:
to ba fair to Cashley, he was one of their best players on the night... just too bad for him he was on the wrong side

Well I'm glad he was its not too bad even for him losing 1-0 and remaining on the pitch too good for him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
awooga83 said:
USArsenal said:
to ba fair to Cashley, he was one of their best players on the night... just too bad for him he was on the wrong side

Well I'm glad he was its not too bad even for him losing 1-0 and remaining on the pitch too good for him.

you realize my "too bad for him" comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, yeah? lol

Jameel46

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Eboue gets a 10 for destroying that bitter senile cnut terry

:thumbup , i was also suprised that Alan Hansen even said something bad against terry's challenge, thought he would've said that the ball was there to be won or **** like that.

Biggus

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Biggus said:
Bendtner 5

can i ask why a 5 for Nik? im assuming because you dont rate players who are on the pitch for 1:30....

Yes US, I start players on a 5. As their contribution increases or decreases throughout the game, the pendulum starts to swing either way. Nik did nothing wrong but was not on long enough to improve his score.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
its interesting how everyone has their own way of rating... (not wrong or right, just different)...

Biggus starts everyone at a 5 and it changes throughout the game.. i, on the otherhand, look at what a player did for the amount of time they were on the pitch and rate accordingly...

there's probably a psycho-analysis somewhere in here.. LOL

awooga83

Established Member
USArsenal said:
awooga83 said:
USArsenal said:

you realize my "too bad for him" comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, yeah? lol

Not totally but I do now :p

My ratings start at 5 and if you do really bad it goes down and if you do well it goes up 5 is average and you have to make a major impact to start moving up.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
sabret00the said:
The battle of the left backs was an interesting one. Clichy comes out the winner but interesting none the less. For me it was never going to have another outcome other than Wright-Phillips being non-effective. Clichy is a decent defender and Chelsea's Wright-Phillips is decent at best. Clichy is a great dribbler but he lacks directional variance and a cool head on the ball which is required to keep possession for possession sake (or when all your runners are behind you) which by there is no better than Hleb at doing. Both of those are things that relatively speaking Cole has over Hleb, along with better link up play (though i think it's unfair to judge Clichy where by he's having to play with Tomás) and more aggression. Clichy emerged from yesterday as the better tackler, the better defender and the winner. Cole came out looking like a **** who couldn't put off this match any longer.

Agree with that.

Biggus

Established Member
awooga83 said:
My ratings start at 5 and if you do really bad it goes down and if you do well it goes up 5 is average and you have to make a major impact to start moving up.

Thats the way I figure it too Awooga. A 6 or a 7 is a pretty good score as it means the player performed above expectation, an 8 means they influenced the result of the game in a positive way for us. A 9 means they were exceptional, running the game for us. A 10 is very rare as it means the player could not be reasonably expected to do any more for us, ie a striker who scored a hat trick, a midfielder who completely dominated the game and scored, or a goalkeeper who pulled off a string of great saves, kept a clean sheet and won us a shootout!

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom