• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Derby - Match Review and Player Ratings

giuliob

Seems harsh, sending him off considering all the stuff that is written on this forum.....Maybe a PM, explaining criteria for sending off.....

AliBabaBrewer

Fabianski - 5
Clichy - 7
Song - 5
Gallas - 6
Toure - 6
Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 7
Denilson - 7
Eboue - 5
Bendtner - 8
Van Persie - 6

Adebayor - 8
Gilberto - 6
Djourou - N/A or 5

And in the topic of this thread, I actually think Senderos and Toure both have good passes about them. I have noticed on occasion that Senderos has actually been able to pick out some very good passes.

And Toure's seems to have had a long and heavy dip in form since ANC, but by no means a poor player. Next season, with a rest, he'll be back at his best. And everyone seems to be knocking him, but he's playing out of position.

It's not like Eboue, who apparently (according to Wenger), who should be good in his new position, and has the attributes to be, but just fails miserably. This is a bloke playing completely out of position. It's like people coating off Flamini for playing left back. He shouldn't be there, so cut him some slack.

Biggus

Established Member
arsmile said:
Lukazan said:
arsmile said:
Lukazan said:
Biggus said:
Fabianski is too small for a top class goalkeeper and will never make it in English football.....You heard it here first folks.[/b[

Ah, good. I almost paniced.

i'll say it again- same height as our other keepers apparently.........(according to wikipedia)

I'm aware!

Do I get some kind of award for messing up so many things in one post up there btw?

yeah i dont know why i quoted you really...maybe i, err, paniced too!!

sky sports agrees his height is 1.90.....maybe his hair is just flat..al's is a bit spikey, and jens if curely wild n bald.....maybe that makes him looks small....

Here it comes again Luka.....

Its true, Jens was much better when he wasn't going bald.....though that doesn't explain the American baldies- Friedel, Keller & Hahnemann who are quite useful......maybe 'cos they get lots of practice during games. Almunia's blond perm has given you the illusion that he is a much better keeper than he is too......

:wink:

arsmile

Established Member
Biggus said:
arsmile said:
Lukazan said:
arsmile said:
Lukazan said:
Biggus said:
Fabianski is too small for a top class goalkeeper and will never make it in English football.....You heard it here first folks.[/b[

Ah, good. I almost paniced.

i'll say it again- same height as our other keepers apparently.........(according to wikipedia)

I'm aware!

Do I get some kind of award for messing up so many things in one post up there btw?

yeah i dont know why i quoted you really...maybe i, err, paniced too!!

sky sports agrees his height is 1.90.....maybe his hair is just flat..al's is a bit spikey, and jens if curely wild n bald.....maybe that makes him looks small....

Here it comes again Luka.....

Its true, Jens was much better when he wasn't going bald.....though that doesn't explain the American baldies- Friedel, Keller & Hahnemann who are quite useful......maybe 'cause they get lots of practice during games. Almunia's blond perm has given you the illusion that he is a much better keeper than he is too......

:wink:

maybe you have got something there...i did use to prefer jens before this season.......god, I choose my gks based on their hair!!

i dont.. al's great !!!!

nazo

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I don't agree with lowering ratings because of terrible opposition. You can only beat what's in front of you.

Fabianski 7
Touré 8
Gallas 6
Song 6
Clichy 8
Eboue 5
Cesc 8
Denilson 7
Theo 8
Bendtner 10
RvP 8

Ade 10
Bert 7
Djourou N/A

Kind of agree with that.

banduan

Established Member
B-b-b-but Asa ya know if you don't diss Senderos you obviously don't know anything about football! M I RITE???

Jeez. First the "Hleb is never good enough but oh Eboue is so underrated" gig then that malarkey.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I've said it few time this season, when Phil pushes up to the half his vertical pass is good and incisive. When he has to pass horizontal in his own half he's OK unless he has to lift the ball, then it can get away from hit a bit.

Kolo is, by and large a hoofer, though he has the ability to play more 1-2's than Phil due to his pace and this might colour some people's overall perception. Gallas is OK, but he'll hit an opposition man more than Sendy will.

Lately all of our defenders have been, to steal the phrase, 89 minute defenders, so that concerns me more than their respective, ahem, passing grades.

For the match - I'll give them a collective 100 and they can fight over it.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Thought that ban was a bit harsh to be honest. I have read and been called much worse in this forum.

As for Senderos, Toure and Gallas- yep they are all 1 mistake a match defenders.

At least Gallas and Toure have the bottle to come back from it though, or at least not let it affect their whole match. Or need to take sick leave...

mccroix

So many high ratings for Nick?
Do you really think he was that good?

He was quite good and I like him but I don't think he was better than a 7

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

makaveli tha don said:
So many high ratings for Nick?
Do you really think he was that good?

He was quite good and I like him but I don't think he was better than a 7
Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing.
I just assumed people may saw somethig I didn't.

A few gave him the same ratings as Ade.

nazo

Established Member
Ah come on. He literally ripped them apart. Doesn't matter if it's Derby but he literally ripped them apart. He actually surprised me with the quality and range of passing he showed.

stiiphunn

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Ah come on. He literally ripped them apart. Doesn't matter if it's Derby but he literally ripped them apart. He actually surprised me with the quality and range of passing he showed.
Tbh he's always been very good at link up play. He really is a smart player and you could see that from day one. If you take into account his age, it's quite brilliant really.

cloista

He's actually a very good second striker, it's when he's being used as an Ade clone that he doesn't perform at his best.

arsmile

Established Member
cloista said:
He's actually a very good second striker, it's when he's being used as an Ade clone that he doesn't perform at his best.

which i think has surprised wenger who saw them as playin the same role, to the extent to which i swear he once said they wouldnt play together

cloista

Yep I remember that too.

To be honest, Bendtner was the second striker all through his early career, in the reserves especially, Lupoli got all the credit for being a goalmachine, but Bendtner put a huge amount of them on a plate for him. Bendtner + RvP is arguably our weakest partnership now that RvP has become more team focused and intent on playing as a pure second striker, as it means we play without an out n out striker like when Eduardo or Ade or Theo play up top.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom