• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Everton Player Ratings

ricky1985

Established Member
Szczesny - 7. Other than one lazy kick where he tried to be too clever, he didn't put a foot wrong. Liked the new kick out where he finds an advanced Sagna, we must have won about 15 of them through the match. Little things like that are crucial when Everton are going at you at Goodison.

Sagna - 7. Made some great tackles, but definitely had a rocky spell 15 minutes either side of half-time. Wasn't helped enough by Theo and the midfielders because he had Fellaini pulling onto him, with Pienaar and Baines looking for the second ball. Still crucial to the win, worked damn hard all game.

Koscielny - 9. Won nearly everything that was played into the box, and had some really classy and assured defensive moments. Played one or two errant balls, but there were also some really good passes into the forwards and a couple of brilliant forward runs.

Vermaelen - 9. Outstanding. Won every duel he went in for, and came up trumps for us at the corner. Can't emphasise enough how important it is to have a leader like Thomas in the team. MotM

Gibbs - 8. Superb going forward when we were on top in the first 20-25 minutes, and very strong and solid in defence thereafter. Best performance in a long time.

Song - 6. One moment of madness nearly cost us dear. Made some decent passes, had some neat touches and bits of skill, and worked hard, but, as happens too often with Song, a number of sloppy moments in there, too.

Arteta - 7. Was a little better than Song, made more good passes and had less sloppy moments, but still lost the ball a couple of times when he shouldn't have.

Rosicky - 6. Played some good passes, had a couple of good shots, but nothing to write home about after our great start. The ref gave him nothing today, should have had at least 3 free-kicks that weren't given, and maybe a penalty as well.

Walcott - 5. Thought he was poor today. Couldn't make the ball stick and rarely tried to go at Baines or drive into space when it opened up for him. Worked fairly hard but could have done more.

Ramsey - 5. Had to score from that van Persie knock down. Another one that you couldn't rely on to keep the ball when he was put under pressure. Though he ran hard to his credit.

van Persie - 6. Missed a few big chances today that could have come back to bite us. Still put in a couple of great corners and set up a couple of good chances.

Subs

Gervinho - 6. Created a great chance for van Persie. Alos kept it fairly well. Not sure why he didn't chase that Ramsey flick though - that won't endear him to the fans one bit.

It was disappointing to see us back off after 25 minutes and lose the control we had on the game, but that was the most fluent I have seen us look in a long time. The team had it's shape back and everything was coming easy. Always going to be difficult to maintain that level of control at a ground like Goodison against a good side - the wastefulness of our forwards didn't help one bit - but when we lost that control and it came down to a fight - we rolled our sleeves up and won it.

Well done boys!

yuvken

Established Member
Re: Arsena vs Everton Player Ratings

We don't really need a thread after such an OP. I agree with practically every word.

kalleTheMan

Established Member

Tbh I thought our defenders were bailed out by the linesman a couple of times. Gibbs motm for me with Kos and TV close behind.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Have to add Rosicky and Arteta pressed and won back posession very well in Evertons half of the pitch .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

kalleTheMan said:
Tbh I thought our defenders were bailed out by the linesman a couple of times. Gibbs motm for me with Kos and TV close behind.

Agreed, we rode our luck at times at the back. What was positive however was the manner in which we dealt with Everton's balls into the box though, looked far more assured.

Not the best performance but the spell in the beginning combined with our resolute sprinkled with luck performance for the rest of the match earned us a hard 3 points.

Szczesny 6

Gibbs 6
Kos 8
Verm 8
Sagna 6

Arteta 6
Song 6
Ramsey 5

Walcott 5
Van Persie 6
Rosicky 6

mo50

Established Member

Agreed with Ricky's ratings, possibly bump Gibbs down to 7.

Koscielny and Vermaelen were remarkable. Outstanding performance from the pair of them. Rosicky continues to look sharp, quick and intelligent. Having our fullbacks has contributed a fair bit to our recent results.

Floating

Established Member
Sagna won 14 of 17 aerial duels against a team with Cahill, Fellaini, Distin and Jelavic.

Arsenal backline of Szczęsny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, and Gibbs unbeaten as a unit this term.

:worthy

ricky1985

Established Member

mo50 said:
Koscielny and Vermaelen were remarkable. Outstanding performance from the pair of them.
That first 25 minutes just showed how brilliant the two of them will be together once we start regularly playing like a proper, technically fluent, dominant Arsenal side.

That's not to say they couldn't handle the rough and tumble once the we lost the control we had - they were excellent at that type of defending as well - but they're both so quick and agile, and never miss the chance to make an early interception. Made for a team that want to play high up the pitch and control the game.

Airknight

Established Member
Szczesny 6

Gibbs 9 MOTM
Kos 8
Verm 8
Sagna 6

Arteta 4
Song 6
Ramsey 5
Rosicky 5

Walcott 4
Van Persie 5

=======
Gervinho 6
Djourou 10

Gunner_JT

Haha thankfully Djourou didn't screw anything up so a 10 is fitting. Agree with Ricky's ratings for the most part but I'd swap Arteta and Rosicky's ratings.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chesney 6 he have nothing to do everton not test him so mach.

Sagna 7 very solid. good game

Kosh 9 a f**king monster, no surprise he has been our best defender this season

TV5 9 he is back to his monster form a great game from him MOTM
Gibbs 8 a good solid game well done.
_________
Song 6 not his best game.

Ramsey 7 he was really unlucky to not score well he was trying not bad game in my opinion.

Arteta 7 good game.

Gervinho 6 some nice runs and made a good pass to rvp who miss it.
Djourou N/A

mo50

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
mo50 said:
Koscielny and Vermaelen were remarkable. Outstanding performance from the pair of them.
That first 25 minutes just showed how brilliant the two of them will be together once we start regularly playing like a proper, technically fluent, dominant Arsenal side.

That's not to say they couldn't handle the rough and tumble once the we lost the control we had - they were excellent at that type of defending as well - but they're both so quick and agile, and never miss the chance to make an early interception. Made for a team that want to play high up the pitch and control the game.

Agreed. The pair of them have everything in their locker. On the ground, in the air, passing, movement, speed, physicality. You name it, they've got it. Watching them both perform at the top of their game at the same time was a sight to behold though. Other than one or two half decent attempts from Everton all the aerial balls were gobbled up by our CB pairing.

Szczesny now has the option to always pass it short, and more often than not that's what he's now doing. Our previous #1 would lump it forward regardless of who was leading the line, and give it right back to the opposition. No such foolishness right now, thanks to how good Szczesny, Koscielny and Vermaelen are on the ball.

I'm really excited that we've got the components of a brilliant back line for years to come.

Invincible

Established Member
Shezzers 6
TV 9
Kos 9
Gibbs 8
Sagna 8
Song 7
Arteta 6
Ramsey 6
Rosicky 6
Walcott 4
RVP 6

Kouassi 5
Djourou N/A

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Ramsey 7 ?????????

I'm not going to say a word (promise).

Anyway today was all about the defence, the back four played the best football today without doubt, yes Everton did get a goal but that was more Songs fault than the defence.

Game was a bit boring between us cruising after the goal and the crappy streaming which was everywhere.

But all said and done ....... were above Sp**s so lets party. :D

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DiamondGooner said:
Ramsey 7 ?????????

I'm not going to say a word (promise).
:? We're supposed to care? Supposed to think that because you've set yourself up as the 'inventor' of Rosicky and the denigrator of Ramsey that you'd be able to settle it all beyond a reasonable doubt? So what is it? 6? 5? 4? 3? ...

Word of advice: Lobby-ish capture-the-flag games (with players) get tiresome up here.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom