• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Fulham Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would play Eboue at RB for easy EPL games and banned him from playing anywhere else forever

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Right, why do I bother? :roll:

Almunia - 6 - easy game for him
Sagna - 7
Kolo - 5 - shaky. His legs appeared pegged into the ground. Kolo looked very clumpsy with his sideway movement.
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 6
Denilson - 5
Diaby - 4 - a disruption of the team's attacking flow
Nasri - 6 - how many defenders he has to run past to shoot?
Ashavin - 6 - in and out of the game
Bendtner - 5
Robin - 7

TomasCR

Established Member
Have calmed dow a little but so:

Almunia - 6.5

Sagna - 5 Once his crossing improves, he´ll be the best right fullback in the world. It´s so annoying really, he does everything well and then, when it comes to making a final cross, you already know he will hit the first player.
Toure - 4 Was very lucky to not be responsible for some of the goals they should have scored.
Gallas - 4 See above, didn´t impress me at all yesterday. Shame, isn´t it! It was starting to look like their partnership will improve, never mind.
Clichy - 4 Pathetic, he was everywhere, trying to have the whole left side under his control but it somehow doesn´t work. What the **** Gael?

Arshavin - 7 I think he was very good. Acually the only player that looked lively. Shame the rest didn´t join.
Denilson - 4.5 Give the lad a rest, he needs it desperately.
Diaby - 4 Don´t know why but I just don´t like him. Some good moments were overshadowed by his pathetic passing.
Nasri - 5 What pisses me off about him is that he doesn´t want to take the responbility on himself, you know he could do it but it´s like he was afraid of doing so or something. Doesn´t shot, pass it back instead of thrying to create, **** overall.
Vela - 4 Don´t remember anything I could give him more for.

RvP - 3 Should have scored two times, no need to say more.

Bendtner - 6 Thought he brought something special, tried very hard, unlike of the others.
Eboue - 6 Only one bad pass, who would say that, eh?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ok, i havent been doing these for a while, but since it was the first match on TV that i "properly" saw, i will give it a go

Almunia - 6... kept a clean sheet, sure, but kicking was woeful, he's as bad as Toure for simply hoofing the ball directly to the other team.. and his claiming of corners left him in this match... didnt really have that much to do in all honesty..

Sagna - 4.. not one of his better games..defensively he was simply OK.. going forward, he was a wreck... his crosses are getting as bad as Clichy's.. there was a reason AW brought EBOUE into the match in the second half at Sagna's expense..

Toure - 4.. ugh.. he was showing signs of improvement in recent weeks, but his constat hoofing the ball and lack of positional awareness makes me nervous.. had a couple nice tackles in the second half, or I would have given him lower

Gallas - 4.5.. again, not one of his better games.. was turned by Zamora and Johnson a few times and was caught out a couple times.. as with Toure, had a couple good defensive plays in the second half or he would have gotten lower

Clichy - 4.. see Sagna without the substitution..

Arshavin - 7.. wasnt involved in the game enough (we played the ball to the opposite side too much).. when he did get the ball, he actually did something with it.. set up Rvp for some perfect chances, which went begging.. was getting as frustrated in the second half as everyone else was.. our MOTM for me simply because he looks like he actually HAS a clue what to do with the ball when he gets it..

Diaby - 5.. did some nice things (winning the ball back, creating space and had a good header on goal).. unfortunately, did more bad things (cannot pass, lost the ball a fair many times, slipped in bad positions quite a few times).. meh performance from him

Denilson - 4.5.. i dont mind the sideways passing (keeps possession), but he was pedestrian much of the match.. offered little going forward, offered less defensively.. Fulham (yes, FULHAM) bypassed the midfield with such ease, it was frightening..when Danny Murphy makes you look stupid, then you are having a bad game.

Nasri - 4.5.. i like this kid, i really do.. but, like the frosting on his hair, much of what he did were bad decisions.. didnt do much for our build up play, and when he was given a great opportunity to take a crack at goal, he dallied with the ball, trying to beat 3 more men and lost the chance..

Vela - 5..the kid was handed his first Prem start.. started OK.. made some runs, tried to get the ball forward.. was always going to be tough for him when Diaby & Denilson were playing so poorly.. not enough came off for him and was anonymous in the second half (which is why he was our first player to come off)

RvP - 5.. dear oh dear.. i gave him more points for actually GETTING some balls on goal.. however, you cannot miss so many GOLDEN opportunities at this level, especially when you are considered to be a good finisher.. his scoring touch has left him (penno v. Roma aside).. needs a goal, bad.. (we need a goal, bad)..

SUBS:

Nik - 4.. meh.. more of the same from him.. first touch of a rhino, but you can see what he's trying to do a lot of times, but translates into nothing..

Eboooooooue - 7.. surprisingly decent cameo from him after so much detraction for his woeful performances on the wing.. clear to see that his best (and ONLY position) is backup RB.. Eboue got forward well, he is at his best starting from the back and making surging runs.. defences dont know how to defend him when he does that.. put in a couple of bad crosses from his runs, but also put in a decent one or 2... his best 15 minutes in a while..

Wenger - 6.. dont know if i can really blame Wenger for this one.. he had the players we wanted to see on the pitch given who was available.. he even made decent subs..it was the players themselves that let us down today.. sure, we dont have the right players especially at CM, but that aside, he picked his strongest 11 and even made a bold move in starting Vela, which enough of us have been clamoring for..

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
USArsenal said:
Almunia - 6... kept a clean sheet, sure, but kicking was woeful, he's as bad as Touré for simply hoofing the ball directly to the other team.. and his claiming of corners left him in this match... didnt really have that much to do in all honesty..
I agree with your comments on his kicking on one level - it was pointless yesterday (probably not for the first time). It's got little to do with picking anyone out or kicking straight to the other team, however, since there simply wasn't anyone there where they should have been or, when there was, anyone willing to fight or jump for the ball. Until we have midfielders or second strikers or whatever prepared and able to take down and contest long balls consistently it's probably better to avoid doing them as much as possible. It that sense, then, Almunia can shoulder some or most of the blame.

The exact same thing happened when Fulham hoofed the ball away from their goal - a Fulham player invariably was found standing there in acres of space and able to take the ball down with ease. I agree that Toure, also, should be put on the "do not hoof the ball" banned list.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't think Eboue was too bad when he came on - ****ing clueless ****, but at least he tries to make things happen, even if a 5 year old would have more composure and better execution.

Arshavin was brilliant in the first half, but was clearly finished by 60 minutes. Some of his passing, and unlocking of the defence was truly exceptional though.

I actually think Nik B played very well when he came on. Was positive, like Eboue, and though he ran into trouble a couple of times, he switched play well in midfield, and played some very nice passes across the midfield. At the moment, I prefer him to Vela on the wing. He's got a lot to work on, but for all his flaws I think he causes defences more problems than the diminutive Mexican.

Anzac

Established Member
progman07 said:
Anzac said:
IMO Eboue still flatters to deceive.
He brought freshness and running, but then he always gives the ball away and his passes never come off, so he is very ineffective. Dribbling/running without end product is all glamour and no real positive.

For me his game is the same whether he plays as RB/RM/AMR = looks good making those runs but nothing comes from it other than a turn over more often than not.

In his best run v Roma in the 1st half he drew the defence to him, he had a forward unmarked to the left on the overlap (Bendtner/Nasri/RVP), had a look & saw him but then put his head down & went right & got tackled less than 3 metres later - lost the ball, went to ground & put his hands up appealing for a foul.

ricky1985

Established Member
Anzac said:
progman07 said:
Anzac said:
IMO Eboue still flatters to deceive.
He brought freshness and running, but then he always gives the ball away and his passes never come off, so he is very ineffective. Dribbling/running without end product is all glamour and no real positive.

For me his game is the same whether he plays as RB/RM/AMR = looks good making those runs but nothing comes from it other than a turn over more often than not.

In his best run v Roma in the 1st half he drew the defence to him, he had a forward unmarked to the left on the overlap (Bendtner/Nasri/RVP), had a look & saw him but then put his head down & went right & got tackled less than 3 metres later - lost the ball, went to ground & put his hands up appealing for a foul.

That was criminal and showed exactly why he is such a poor player. Nasri was completely free to his left, and Van Persie was in space to his right, although he had a Roma player was trying to get closer to Robin, but a ball to Nasri and Roma would have been in big trouble.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom