• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Hull| FA Cup Q/F| 17.3.09 19:45| SETANTA SPORTS 1

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I'd say the nastiness might be good for some kind of rivalry, but the dickholes will probably get relegated. And now I hope they do.

dbig

How about Bendtner's "goal" wrongly chalked off for offside?

When's Hull going to come out and blame the refs for denying us a more comprehensive victory?

bertlb2

What should be a great night of celebration for us, and in some sense a night to reflect on how good a bunch of (trying to be polite) surprising players like the Hull team can be, is ruined in part by a stupid spitting story. I don't know if it is true, but I really don't see why Hull would invent that. If Fabregas did that, it is very poor of him. A few thoughts on the game.

1-Bendtner changed the game. Like Vela, he looks so much better coming from the bench. Hull couldn't cope with Nik, and Vela didn't provide much. It was a good opportunity for him, he missed it.

2-Diaby wasn't very good, and I was surpised when Song's number came up. I am not sure where that leaves Diaby in the Boss evaluation, but he dropped in mine. With Arshavin and Walcott fit, I don't see why from now on Nasri would play in the middle with Song or Denilson.

3-Eboué has a new role. Something we've all been waiting for.

4-Fabianski impressed me greatly tonight. He came out for everything and played as a third CB, but never got into trouble. Could he do a Almunia next year and replace the established first-choice GK, replacing the man who replaced the man?

5-The ref was awful. Of course Gallas goal was offside, and this is the lino's fault, and Riley really looked on our side all game long. Phil Brown as every reason to be disappointed.

6-Arshavin is a Hleb that shoots on goal. Not sure if he is played in his best position, but he can cause problems.

Not so long ago, we were everyone's second team. Now it looks we are becoming more and more like ManU and everybody hates us. Sad.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
outlaw_member said:
I think Cesc did spit on Horton's shoes. Afterall, we're talking about the guy who spat in Michael Ballack's face, ridiculed Mark Hughes, and threw a pizza on Alex Ferguson. :lol:

Exactly what went through my mind when I first heard the story. He has a nasty little streak in him! I hope he didn't do it though!

Brown and his crew can **** off back up North though

graham_ka

Established Member
redanddread said:
outlaw_member said:
I think Cesc did spit on Horton's shoes. Afterall, we're talking about the guy who spat in Michael Ballack's face, ridiculed Mark Hughes, and threw a pizza on Alex Ferguson. :lol:

Exactly what went through my mind when I first heard the story. He has a nasty little streak in him! I hope he didn't do it though!

Brown and his crew can f**k off back up North though
He never spat in Ballack's face to be honest. He yelled in his face, but the spitting part is all speculation. Watch the video again.

redanddread

One aspect of the game that disappointed me tonight was the way we gave the ball away SEVERAL times in thast 5-7 mins. we could have killed the ball of with more careful use of our possession but once again the team showed great immaturity and gave the ball away needlessly & recklessely. No more so than when pea brain Eboue gave the ball away after the free kick right at the death. when will these guys learn-big clubs KILL off the game-pass it around for a minute or so, kill off the game, drive to the corner, waste some time but DO NOT GIVE THE OPPOSITION A CHANCE TO THROW A "HAIL MARY"!

It was driving me MAD!

redanddread

graham_ka said:
redanddread said:
outlaw_member said:

Brown and his crew can f**k off back up North though
He never spat in Ballack's face to be honest. He yelled in his face, but the spitting part is all speculation. Watch the video again.

Well, good. Don't like the thought of Cesc being a spitter-awful habit. Just think of Djiouf!

graham_ka

Established Member
What made me most furious was the handball call on RVP. Also the consistent mugging of Bendtner when he was attempting to win balls in the air. Bendtner beat his defender for position each time, but was being manhandled by the defender and fouls were being called on Bendtner. It was just pitiful officiating.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Looking at Phil Brown's comments they are disgraceful. Trying to make a huge deal about wenger not shaking his hand, insisting fabregas spat. What annoys me is that he says they lost the game because of the linesman. I honestly despise Hull, the players and the manager.

Rahul

_45577072_cesc466credit.jpg

Look at Cesc :lol:

Galahad

Not having watched the game (they didnt show it at the pub :-( )I can still say that Browns reactions are way over the top. If everyone was crying so much about an offside goal then we wouldnt do anything else but whine all day. I dont even know if it should hav ebeen judged offside by the rulebook, Gallas was certainly NOT the player anyone was intending to pass the ball to and the last touch did come of the keeper tho I dont think it would make a difference. Either way, I dont even care. We concede offside goals and we score them. Thats the same for every club. Id like Phil Brown to go to the ref in a game when they have scored an offside goal and tell him in his face that this was offside and that he shouldnt award Hull the goal.

But even if the goal hadnt stood, what makes Brown think Hull would have been through to meet Chelsea??? They would clearly have lost at the KC stadium and nothing really would have changed. All his comments basically show one thing and thats how poor a loser he is.

Captain

Established Member
If I supported Hull I would as pissed as Brown as that goal was miles offside but I don't, so **** 'em.

32inchVerticalLeap

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/144080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ ... le/144080/</a>

What a pile of trash!

Total Football

Wenger's interview with Setanta is on their website

(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com/uk/Teams/Football/A/Arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com/uk/Teams/Football/A/Arsenal/</a>)

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom