• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Real Madrid

indy

If we played Real Madrid who do you think would win. Don't get me wrong we are amazing attacking team and to be honest I think we would shade it. But Real Madrid are a similar team very good counter attacking play, shocking defence but theur attack makes up for it but we have Henry and are one of the best counter attacking teams in europe IMO.

The advantage over Real MAdrid is that we have a very good defence to balance with the attack. Real Madrid I have to admit have a lot of fantastic attacking power and I think do out gun us but with our defence and attacking instincts I think we are overall better.

A.Hussain

i doubt thier defence would be able to keep up with titi or pires. if titi could skin zanetti and cannavaro and the likes, the madrid defenders will be cake for him. chocolate cake, that is ! hmmmmmm, choclate caaaaaake!!!...(drooling homer simpson style)

hesham

Established Member
we could win but it would depend on viera , if he could boss the midfield like we know he can then well cane them with r attackin force

indy

I think you are right our attack could cope with them. How do you reckon our defence would handle their attack? Toure would have be at his best for Ronaldo

johe

We'd propably score many goals, but their attack is nothing to be sneezed at, and you can count on them pressuring us ALOT and scoring quite a few. There aren't many teams that Real Madrid don't score against.

indy

you are right I saw the goal Ronaldo scored last week just pure genious on the ball trickery to find space out of nothing and put it away. If we pressured them I think that could work the way Bolton did against us, not let them play on the ball. And if im correct the spanish game is slower on than the EPL so they might need a few more touches and time on the ball.

Mark

Established Member
there's no doubt our attacking players at our best would definetly outclass their defence, but i'm still unsure whether our defence would deal with such clever players like zidane, raul etc. it would be a very difficult game probably with a lot of goals i think we'd just about win it though.

JazzG

Established Member
It would be close. I think R.Madrid would probably win in the Bernabau and us at Highbury. Too hard to predict as both sides are very unpredictable.

I think some here are not rating them high enough, they have more firepower than us, that is fact. Did anyone see the QF last season against Man utd? My god they were amazing. I have never in my life seen a full strength man utd team out played like that in the first half. They were chasing shadows in that first half and couldn't get near them. Zidane was torturing them, Raul was running them ragged, Ronaldo had a crap game as well. What would of happened if he played well! On a performance like that my god we would have to pull out something special to even keep up.

It would take one hell of an effort to beat them, more often than not they perform in big games. We are capable of it but I'm not sure whether on such a big occation all our stars would shine.

Mark

Established Member
i reckon we could manage a draw at the bernabau, players like vieira and henry would really be up for it as they were linked with real madrid so they'll want to show the bernabau crowd what they're missing and how happy they are at arsenal.

JazzG

Established Member
Possibly but it would have to be a team effort not just one or two players. Like our win in Milan, the whole team was superb that is why we won that match.

indy

thjey have built their whole team around zidane and he is 31 as is figo i think ronaldo is 27 and carlos is 29 and raul is late 20s i think so do they base their attacks on speed? ronaldo isnt the fastest

JazzG

Established Member
Age doesn't matter, they have so many different ways of breaking teams down. They can cross, through balls, play it over the top. Pretty much everything. Their players are old but they will probably buy some younger ones soon. Joaquin is almost certain to sign for them and at only 22 is already regarded as one of the best around.

Ronaldo used to be one of the fastest around but isn't now coz of injury. Still is one of the most deadly around as his goal scoring record suggests, already has 50 goals for R.Madrid in 1.5 seasons.

They can attack at speed but they don't have a set way of attacking. Zidane is usually where it starts off but from then it is anyones guess how they will attack.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
We could win againest Real if we were on top form and they could also beat us. The game would be high scoring and seeing as the Real defence is not the best we could get a couple of goals in.

JazzG

Established Member
The Mini said:
We would need Toure at CB to cancel out Raul. Ronaldo can be delt with.

Would be damn hard dealing with both on good form. Toure would have to play probably the game of his life to deal with Raul on good form......

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom