• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Real Madrid

Taozhe

This will be quite an even match although I say Real has the advantage.

With the likes of experienced UEFA finalist and winners in their team, I feel we are lacking in this department. Still it is a football match and u can never predict the result. Who could predict us to win 5-1 after losing at home 3-0 to inter? Nope :)

Lets see how we deal with Celta Vigo first :p :angel

n_henry

I do think (though not confidently) that if both teams were in their best form, that we'd just shave them..only coz their defence isn't very good...

But anyway, speaking of Celta, what are they coming at the moment in La Liga?

flotz

i have a feeling that we will finaly play against them in the champions league i hope not until the final

The Mini

JazzG said:
The Mini said:
We would need Toure at CB to cancel out Raul. Ronaldo can be delt with.

Would be damn hard dealing with both on good form. Toure would have to play probably the game of his life to deal with Raul on good form......

But Toure bears the same charactaristics as Raul (Tall, fast and a good head) therefore Toure can cancel him out. Sol has the same charactaristics as Ronaldo (Tall, not very fast and can head) therefoer Sol cancelling him out. I'm just relishing Cole vs Becks!

Gunnsie

The thing with real madrid, is they have players who can pluck goals from literally no where! I watched the Madrid vs VillaReal game last night.. and both goals came from no where, the Ronaldo goal was fantastic, left footed blast into the top right of the net.

Azabaxe

Madrid is an intimidating side, to be sure, but they play play better going forward and when the opposition cedes the ball and space. Sounds familiar? They used to have a great holding midfielder (Makelele), who would make sure that any mistakes would be compensated for. He would do the dirty work that freed up Zidane to do his thing in the middle. They let him go for Beckham, who's been turned into a central midfielder, but he's no ones idea of a ball recoverer.
I'd say Arsenal put Kolo at RB to neutralize R. Carlos by forcing him to go back, make sure Gilberto denies space to Zidane, and Pires and Viera absolutely need to dictate pace and hold on to the ball. This would be easier because of Makelele's absence. Then let Titi do his thing. No one in their backfield, especially if R. Carlos stays occupied by Kolo, can stop him.
This is a midield, Italian style battle, and as we all know, Arsenal can do Italian jobs well when they want to.

JazzG

Established Member
The Mini said:
But Toure bears the same charactaristics as Raul (Tall, fast and a good head) therefore Toure can cancel him out. Sol has the same charactaristics as Ronaldo (Tall, not very fast and can head) therefoer Sol cancelling him out. I'm just relishing Cole vs Becks!

Toure is not as clever as Raul, the best in the world have struggled to keep him under control.

Ronaldo is fast, what makes you think he isn't? He has skill as well which he uses to beat players, also very clever as well so will usually find himself unmarked with a tap in.

pamilih

We could only score through counter attacks as their defence is not as strong as their offence. So our win will be determined by our back four plus 2 holding midfielders to mark Ronaldo, Raul, Figo and Zidane. Quite a handful.

tony

serbiangunner said:
I think we would get trashed lol.Of course we could win in theory,but in the real world it is almost impossible.
Actually Real is very inconsistent lately, one day they are excellent, another absolutely rubbish. Imo they have serious shortcomings in their squad.

jc8gooner

Did anyone see Ronaldo's goal last night though? It was bloody amazing. Someone laid it back to him on the left, outside the area, he smashed it first time left foot into the top corner. Absolutely world class. I reckpn that he is on a par with Henry in terms of talent, but Hnery is more of a team player.

Kyla

Ironically I'd fancy our chances at the Bernebau more. I think Madrid have clever enough players to deal with the constricted confines of Highbury- heck a shot from our half way line by any one of their players would be like taking an indirect free kick in the penalty area- it would be that easy for them.

lewdikris

Established Member
Evidently, when Real's attack clicks, they are the best in the business - and amongst the very best they've ever been. But they're average at the back, and given that Beckham's emerged as their major workhorse in midfield, it's evident that if Paddy and GIlberto got on top of them they could be beaten.

But simply, Real score more half-chances than anyone else. Ronaldo only needs one tiny opening a game to score - hence his incredible strike-rate for Real - 38 goals in 50 league games! And even the best teams can't regulate for that ability they have.

If we really got on top of them though, we could do it. It may also be the most entertaining match in history!

champs

in all honesty i think they would beat you, esp at the bernabau, just like they did with us

i could not see how you could beat them, they would outclass you, just like they outclassed us at the bernabau

A

Anonymous

I think if we play well we would win. Madrid have been crap in the league this year, but have been lucky and ground out results. Ronaldo is a machine, they rely on him more than we do on Henry. Also they have Raul Bravo as a centre back, he couldnt get in the lids team last year.

Adam

Established Member
You've pretty much summed it up there Sol - Ronaldo.

What a remarkable player! He'll stroll around the pitch, wait for his chance and he'll clinically take it. He has that air of confidence about his ability and the inevitabiity about his forthcoming goal. He doesn't have to do much, but he is decisive.

Raul Bravo at CB? When will they sign a defender?!

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom