• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Real Madrid

JazzG

Established Member
They do not rely on Ronaldo more than we do with Henry. Raul now is playing more of a creative role so isn't scoring as many, still has 9 goals this season and quite a few assists. The way they link up is crazy, they have formed such a good partnership. Both are chipping in with goals but Ronaldo does get loads of chances to score, doesn't put em all away though.

Man utd relied heavily on crossing, R.Madrid had big tall CBs who were cutting their service out. R.Madrid struggle against pace, they hate it. No team is faster than us when it comes to counter attacking. We would stand a good chance of toppling them now that Makelele is gone, I completely forgot about that earlier on!

Madrid are top of the league, so I wouldn't say they have been crap :eek:ops: They don't bother in small games but usually always perform in big games, they spanked Valencia 3-0 the other day and Valencia are their main rivals! Also a point to note is the Valencia team is stronger than the one that faced us last season.

laolu

JazzG said:
Also a point to note is the Valencia team is stronger than the one that faced us last season.

did Valencia buy anybody new?

didn't they sell Carew and Kily Gonzalez, so how can they be stronger?

JazzG

Established Member
They got rid of Carew and put in Mista who is banging in the goals this season. They look to be playing better from what I have seen.

IW8

It would be a great game, but I don't see how we could beat them. They seem to find another level when their backs are against the wall. They also have the psychological advantage over any team they play. They are after all "Real Madrid", and that gives them a goal advantage before they've even set foot on the pitch.

laolu

JazzG said:
They got rid of Carew and put in Mista who is banging in the goals this season. They look to be playing better from what I have seen.

it seems so

I like the way you put it: "They got rid of Carew ..."

Alexone234

We would win hands down, and by giving me my Arsenal debut at 4-0 I would come on and complete the rout with a 10 minutes hatrick, nutmeging Beckham, Zidane and then Carlos.

tox

there attack easily counters the problem of a bad defence, if zidane, raul, ronaldo, carlos, figo and beckham are all on the top there game we have no chance.

pamilih

jc8gooner said:
Did anyone see Ronaldo's goal last night though? It was bloody amazing. Someone laid it back to him on the left, outside the area, he smashed it first time left foot into the top corner. Absolutely world class. I reckpn that he is on a par with Henry in terms of talent, but Hnery is more of a team player.

He's better than Henry in terms of talent as a pure striker, but you're right that our TH14 is a more complete player.

I still couldn't figure out how he did it at the 2002 World Cup: a goal at a half step earlier than anticipated by Kahn. I still couldn't figure out how he did it.

i think if we kill off their left of midfield we're half way there
im preety sure overall we're better than them in the middle
ya gotta understand that real hasnt really playeed a good counter attackin side like us b4
its valencia that used to scare me
overall i thinnk we can win rather comfortably but not a big margin provided the occasion doesnt get to us mentally

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom