• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Sp**s post-mortem/player ratings

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski: 6.5 - wasn't bad actually couldn't do much for any of the goals.

Sagna: 6.5 - actually felt he dealt with Bale well and went forward well.

Squid: 7 - again surprisingly decent today despite us conceedingthree. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle.

Koscielny: 5 - some moments of composed play but his pace (or lack of) got exposed horribly 2nd half. Got raped for Sp**s 1st.

Clichy: 7 - again didn't do much wrong.

Song: 6.5 - pretty solid all round game except we needed him to be more disciplined after Sp**s scored.

Denilson: 5 - great 2 yard passes, decent first half and then got exposed for most of the 2nd.

Cesc: 7 - ran the show 1st half with some great passes. Amateur mistake for the penalty.

Nasri: 7,.5 - our best player 1st half, great goal, faded as the game went on.

Arshavin: 6.5 - typical mixed bag from Arshavin. Great in possesion then wastedful, great work rate followed by sloppy movement. AN assist.

Chamakh: 6 - honestly felt he was poor before his goal and poorer after. Slow arounnd the box.

Subs: little impact - 6

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 6/10

Sagna 6/10
Squillaci 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 6/10

Denilson 6/10
Song 6/10
Fabregas 7/10

Nasri 7/10
Chamakh 6.5/10
Arshavin 6/10

giuliob

Fabianski - 6
Sagna - 6.5
Squillaci - 6
Kos - 5
Denilson - 6
Song- 6
Fabregas - 7
AA - 6
Nasri - 7
Chamakh - 5

Subs - 000
Wenger - 3 Poor instructions for 2nd half, it seems. Dodgy tactics 2nd half. It gets so boring after awhile.

Lukazan

Established Member
Fabianski 5 - One or two iffy moments alongside a 6 performance, hence the 5. Whey.

Sagna 7 - Dealt with Bale well.
Squid: 7 - I think he did very well
Koscielny 5 - Not even half the defender some are making him out to be frankly.
Clichy 7 - Good game.

Song 6 - Same as Denilson.
Denilson 6 Neat and tidy first half, lost his way in the second.
Cesc - 6 Would have got a 7 if not for the handball. WTF was he thinking?

Nasri 7 - Great goal and lively performance. Why was he taken off? Yes he played 90 in midweek but it's not unheard of for a player to play two full games in 3 days ffs. Big mistake by Wenger. I felt if anything was going to happen in the second half it would be through Nasri, even more so than Fabregas.
Arshavin 6 - Nice assist and I felt he tried but not a lot came off for him which is too often the story. Someone elseo n the forum said it before but it really is true. He has great ideas in his head but his execution is severly lacking. Arshavin is a player who has great moments through sheer persistance rather than actual skill/ability.
Chamakh 5 - Probably gonna get some abuse for this one because he did score a pretty nice goal but he's just way too cumbersome for me. Everything about him just screams 'meh'. Twice he had golden opportunities to make something happen but failed horribly and to no great surprise. For 4 yard first time passes back to whoever played him the ball he gets 10/10.. for everything else.. again, meh. The sooner RVP is fit and sharp again the better.

Rosicky and RVP - Whatever.

progman07

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Chamakh 5 - Probably gonna get some abuse for this one because he did score a pretty nice goal but he's just way too cumbersome for me. Everything about him just screams 'meh'. Twice he had golden opportunities to make something happen but failed horribly and to no great surprise. For 4 yard first time passes back to whoever played him the ball he gets 10/10.. for everything else.. again, meh. The sooner RVP is fit and sharp again the better.

You shouldn't get abuse, because you are absolutely spot on. He doesn't have the self-belief in one-on-ones, and it leads to him slowing down, getting tackled in situations someone Theo is likely to score. As you said he had two glorious opportunities to win the game but didn't even get a shot on goal because he messed it up.

arsmile

Established Member
Fabianski-5- no huge errors and some good distribution but he was in disarray for much of the second half with the balls flying in. A tiny bit questionable for the third too.

Sagna-5- final ball was poor otherwise solid and good running

Sqid-7- good

Kos-5- he cant do offensive heading at all- both the CBs kept going missing, and even when it wasn’t a set piece we were left with clichy/sagna in the CB positions trying and failing to defend long balls

Clichy-5- final ball was poor, otherwise running

Song-4- decent defensively, gave away a costly freekick, passing has been ****e lately

Denilson-6- thought he did what he does well, but why on earth Arsène thought we needed to keep him and song on the pitch when we were going for the goal is mental

Cesc-3- what a stupid idiot

Nasri-8- excellent, our best player and biggest goal threat- so we obviously subbed him

Arshavin-7- good display from him, really worked hard down the left and created chances- so we obviously subbed him

Chamakh-5- credit for the goal, but he fluffed so much else...could have easily secured the game for us

Robin-5- looked very very rusty indeed, but opened them up a couple times

Theo-5- final ball was criminal but did get in behind them

Rosicky-4- I like tomas a lot but how we expected him to have a positive influence on the game in 12 minutes on the left wing is stupid.

Yeah...totenham weren’t very good. But we didn’t create much, what we did create we didn’t finish, and we completely left the back door open. And cesc is an idiot. So that’s what went wrong.

But Arsène pissed me off. I get tobin for chamakh- cham was having a bit of a nightmare since his goal and I suppose Arsène didn’t feel it necessary to go 2 up.

But why, when we are going for a goal desperately- Arsène felt it necessary to leave song and denilson in the middle is beyond me. furthermore taking off our player of the season- who was proper up for it, already scored a magnificent goal. I just took it for granted that we’d put theo wide and put nasri in the middle at the expense of song/den so he can have a greater influence on the game- and get closer to goal cos he is our main threat. Also, I know arsh doesn’t usually last the 90- and he was slowing down a bit, but he was going great- was beating the rb for fun and he’s our ‘mr assist’ in the final third- for rosicky, who hasn’t been in any kind of form at all in the last couple of months.

We had a disjointed front three with a midfield 3- 2 of which wernt interested in creating, one of which cant pass, and a third that cant be trusted to kick the ball instead of picking it up.

We were flicking the ball around nonchalantly in midfield- and handed them 3 goals- on the counter, with a penalty, and with a freekick. It’s just really really really stupid. The captain was stupid, all the outfield players were stupid, and I think the manager made some stupid decisions when it came to us having to react to that- I think he panicked.

We really mucked up at both ends of the field, and did nothing in the middle in that 2nd half.- but we could have killed them in the first. Our attitude once we went 2 up was shameful really- we stopped taking it seriously.

Distraught as always.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Analyzing individual players after a meltdown like this is almost pointless. It wasn't even like they outplayed us to get back to 2-2, it was just stupid mental lapses, one after the other. Disheartening

Kraig

Established Member
Rosickys sub performance was the worst ive seen, and I include eboue against wigan in that. He did nothing right and was responsible for giving the ball away for the freekick for the penalty, and then gave away the freekick for the third! Eddie would have been a better choice to keep out of the two!

Fab-5- looked shaky on crosses.

Sagna-6-ok
Squid-6-ok
Kos-5-great moments, but too many shockers. Should have been eased back in by wenger.
Clichy-5-defensive liabilty and offers nothing goof forward.

Song-6- good game but doesn't know his role. Wenger's fault though.
Cesc-6- if he'd carried on his first half form it'd have been an 8 or 9. Awful second half and WTF with the pen?!?
Denilson-6-pointless player. Offers nothing in offense or defense.

Nasri-7- only player who seemed to give a crap. Good goal. Tired towards the end.
Chamakh-6- only gets a 6 for the goal. Woeful touch, shocking passing and not a goal scorer. How many must be put on a platter for him. We still need a proper goalscorer.
Shavva-6- tried really hard, but little end product.

Rvp-5- unfit and not close to being ready for such a game
Walcott-5- couldn't get into the game and was forced to be a winger too often.
Rosicky-3- partly responsible for two of the three goals. Couldn't do anything right. We'd have been better off with ten men.

Would have loved to have grabbed titi from the stands to show these *****s what it means to play for the arsenal against spuds! Instead we got this ****

Wenger-3- the game was won at ht. Set your side up to maintain your lead before anything else, but NO! Not in wenger world! Tactically inept and outclassed second half by twitchy! Hang your head!!!

outlaw_member

Established Member
progman07 said:
Lukazan said:

You shouldn't get abuse, because you are absolutely spot on. He doesn't have the self-belief in one-on-ones, and it leads to him slowing down, getting tackled in situations someone Theo is likely to score. As you said he had two glorious opportunities to win the game but didn't even get a shot on goal because he messed it up.

That's Chamakh for you. He had the same problem at Bordeaux. What's more disappointing is that his link up play isn't as good as it was at the start of the season, and he's no longer interchanging with the wide men.

MAK 14

Established Member
We didn't play particularly badly, especially in the first half, but unfortunately we missed some really good chances and Tottenham took theirs.

Just need to forget about this game and move on. Hopefully Wenger ripped into the players in the dressing room after the game.

Danni

Fabianski - He was rather shaky today, but wasn't at fault for the goals. 5/10

Sagna - Kept Bale quiet and should receive credit for that. His offensive performance wasn't too shabby either. 7/10
Squillaci - Solid for the majority of the game, but really didn't have anything to do. 6/10
Koscielny - Same was Squillaci, but should have scored the header from 4 yards out. 6/10
Clichy - Can't really fault him. 6/10

Denilson - Did what he was there to do. Denilson passed the ball well, broke up the play well, and showed some neat touches. 7/10
Song - Good game from the African. 7/10
Fabregas - Lost his way in the 2nd half, but as influential as ever in the 1st half. 7/10

Nasri - Well taken goal, and looked dangerous whenever he was in possession of the ball. 7.5/10
Chamakh - Apart from his goal I thought he was hopeless. There were times where he just should have taken the initiative and shoot at goal, but he was horrible in that department. Also, his first touch was abysmal, and not really that much of an improvement on Bendtner's first touch. I can't wait to see Robin start. 5/10
Arshavin - Don't really get the stick he is getting, if I'm being honest. He looked sharp today, and produced one of his best performances of the season. 7.5/10

jerome2158

Established Member
fabianski gets 6. No tremendous saves, but no real errors that cost us the game.

sagna gets a 7. Did well.

Squillaci also gets a 7.

Kos gets a 6. I know defenders aren't known for their goal scoring ability, but for ****'s sake, he could have let that ball hit him in the crotch and it still probably would have gone in.

clichy-6. Sup par performance by him. Though with some of his recent performances, it may have just been the norm for him.

denilson 7. Did what he should have. No more, no less.

nasri-8. Fantastic goal, good attacking play overall.

fabregas-3. Recent performances are making me wonder if we'd have been better off letting him piss off to the barcelona bench, and just playing jack. What the hell was he doing putting his arm up inside the box? And it's not even an isolated incident-anyone recall a 90th minute FK against liverpool last winter? Same exact thing, Only this time he got caught. He was hopeless today. Should've come off instead of nasri. Unbelievable display for a captain.

chamakh-4. Scored a decent goal, but probably should have been taken off immediately after. This is where it counts. If we had a striker like henry or drogba, we would have easily been up at least 4, or 5-1. I've never seen a striker so hopelessly lost when in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, or for that matter, receiving the ball. We were all excited to get someone who could score headers, but is it worth sacrificing a striker who can use his feet?

arshavin-7. not that bad actually. made some decent efforts, got closed out, but kept trying

Gunner Ossie

every bodies blaming the team when the reality is that a useless team is built by a useless manager. arsenal said he now has the strongest sqaud ever. yet that sqaud got murdered by Sp**s (amongst other **** teams)on their own ground. well done Arsène , and well done to all those stupid muppets who say they suppport arsenal , but yet seem to content to lodgue their tongues up wenger's arse despite us going backwards for the last 6 years.

this club really has come to a new low now that we are preoccupied with those teams behind us rather those in front of us.

Anzac

Established Member
I'd give them 7's for the 1st half & 5's for the 2nd; then take a point off for losing after being 2-0 up, then another for doing so at Home, and another for doing so to Sp**s.

I can't believe Clichy isn't getting more criticism for not waking up to the fact that Sp**s were looking to exploit the space behind him - but it appears no one did, or couldn't be bothered to do anything different = blind in the faith that we will prevail regardless.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Fabianski 6
Sagna 6
Squiq 7
Kos 5
Clichy 6
Denilson 5
Song 6
Fabregas 8
Arshavin 5
Chamakh 4
Nasri 5

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cesc was pretty good tbf, he made an error for the pen but in general was very good. Easily 7/10 at worst, result shouldn't really change that.

I think he even put RVP in late on when he failed to control. Cesc is a creative genius, made a number of great chances today which should have resulted in a comfortable win.

Fabianski......6

Sagna.........7
Squillaci.......6
Koscielny..........5
Clichy..........5.5

Denilson........6
Song.........6
Cesc.........7.5

Nasri............7
Chamakh.........5
Arshavin...........6.5

Wenger.......1
Subs..N/A

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
If he did than it's a farce. Nowhere to be seen in the first half, second half got a good finish for the goal and then I think Sagna missed him on another occasion after that, but that was all.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom