• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Sunderland Player Ratings

TomasCR

Established Member
Don´t see a problem there, really. As long as we don´t concede goals, the problem is simply not there. You raise a good point about both CMs playing so deep though, was thinking about that myself. One would say Denilson will play more offensively, as it was in the Cardiff game when he was not affraid of going into attack at all now and then but today, it seemed like both wanted to play in the role of defensive midfielder. Don´t think it has anything to do with defense, not when we play against a team who came to defend all the game. They could find it difficult to attack more often because of the wall Sunderland came with though.

Muharraqawi

Nobody other than Almunia and Toure deserve more than a 7, we were really poor and we really ruined a great chance to close the gap between us and Villa.

hackajack

Established Member
Almunia - 7 looked very composed even if he didn't have much to do

Sagna - 6 not great going forward
Touré - 6 looked as if he's coming back appears to be able to get off the ground
Gallas - 6 nothing much to do - had a good shooting chance late on
Clichy - 4 poor yet again - don't stand off your player let him turn and run at you - it's very ****ing dangerous

Arshavin - 6 couple of nice cameos - didn't look fit
Song - 4 not great trying to be creative
Denilson - 7 pretty good - pass of the match to RvP should have been 1-0
Nasri - 4 poorest game he's had (certainly at home) anonymous even thru the middle
Bendtner - 5 disappointing after Cardiff
RvP - 4 missed two sitters
Subs -
Vela - 4 two miskicks in the box one a very good chance

Biggus

Established Member
TomasCR said:
qs said:
He also has to realise that one of Touré and Gallas can't be a first team player.
Huh? Why so? What do you mean? Thought both have been doing quite well recently. Or at least, we don´t concede so many goals anymore.

But Tom, we haven't played anyone decent in the last 4 games.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Almunia - 8

Sagna - 5 - His passing was poor and he is **** at crossing but he always does it. Saved us at one point.
Touré - 8.5 - He actually pushed up to score. Almost scored from a corner.
Gallas - 8 - similar to toure.
Clichy - 4 - didn't see much of him, again crap crossing and is hopeless with Nasri
Arshavin - 8 - Good passing, creative and almost scored.

Song - 2 - Useless
Denilson - 1 - Was he on the pitch?
Nasri - 3 - Couldn't penetrate a balloon

Bendtner - 8 - I thought he played well. Almost scored from the corner.
RvP - 5 - Just missed most of the chances. His corners were the only highlight of the game.
Subs -
Vela - 3 - I feel he just had a poor performance.

I must say that was sunderlands best game this season. Their passing was incredible. But I honestly feel with denilson and Song that we are 1 man down when we are playing. Nasri and clichy do nothing on the left.

banduan

Established Member
Almunia 8 - good ol' solid aluminium 'average' goalkeeping
Sagna 6 - got forward well, awful end product
Toure 7 - little to do, got forward well
Gallas 8 - controlled that box, got forward well
Clichy 3 - look over your shoulder at Gibbs
Arshavin 7 - impressive debut even without match fitness!
Denilson 5 - yet another average grinding uninspired performance
Song 5 - mixed bag- solid defending, awful give-aways
Nasri 4 - bore burden of creativity, mission failure
RVP 5 - bad day at the office, Robin?
Bendy 7 - always worked hard but poor positioning

Vela 4 - exciting but two absolutely inexcusable misses
Eboue 5 - not exactly game turning material, yes?
Gibbs 5 - really did not get to do much

Wenger 3 - clueless against a dire Sunderland side

Wiley 5 - too lenient, sometimes to our benefit

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom