• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Swansea Ratings Thread

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 5/10
Koscielny 7/10
Mertesacker 5.5/10
Gibbs 5.5/10

Frimpong 5.5/10
Arteta 6.5/10
Ramsey 5/10

Arshavin 7/10
van Persie 5.5/10
Walcott 4/10

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Szczesny 6/10

Sagna 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Mertesacker 6/10
Gibbs 6/10

Frimpong 5/10
Arteta 6/10
Ramsey 6/10

Arshavin 7/10
van Persie 6/10
Walcott 5/10

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 6.5/10
Koscielny 7/10
Mertesacker 6.5/10
Gibbs 6/10

Frimpong 5/10
Arteta 7.5/10 MOTM
Ramsey 5.5/10

Arshavin 7/10
van Persie 6/10
Walcott 4/10

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Szczesny 6 Did well generally, though he did have a couple of sticky moments.

Sagna 6
Mertesacker 7 Solid debut.
Koscielny 8 Man of the match for me.
Gibbs 6

Frimpong 6
Arteta 7 Classy
Ramsey 5 Ineffective, should have done better with his ball at the end

Walcott 3 Useless as he ever was but now with an attitude
RVP 6
Arshavin 7 Did well. Shouldn't have been subbed.

Subs

Coquelin 6
Chamakh 6
Benayoun 6

Yaya

Established Member
Szczesny-6.5
Sagna-5.5
Kos-6.5
Mertesacker-6
Gibbs-6
Frimpong-4.5
Arteta-6.5
Ramsey-4.5
Arshavin-6.5
RvP-5
Walcott-4

giuliob

There were moments in the first half when the team really looked together. Arteta, AA, RvP all looked on top of their game. The game can only improve as they play more together. Swansea stormed back in the 2nd half, and Arsenal ran out of gas.

Szczesny 6 Hope he's not overconfident, a couple of shaky moments

Sagna 6 Solid,although he had his hands full
Koscielny 7 Smart as they come but still a bit careless
Mertesacker 5 Verdict not in
Gibbs 5.5 He needs more games and competition is welcome

Frimpong 5 Like a bull in a china shop and still adjusting
Arteta 6.5 Fluid movement, smarts, pleasure to watch
Ramsey 6 Solid 1st half, slowed down 2nd half as did the entire team

Arshavin 7 Great first half
van Persie 6 Came so close with the right foot, keep training
Walcott 5 Stop whinging

Subs 6

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
chesney 7 sometimes you must be careful when you come out chesney ;)

Sagna 6.5
Kosh 7
Mert 6.5
Gibbs 6

Frimpong 6
Arteta 7
ramsey 6

walcott 4
arshavin 7
rvp 6

subs

Coq 6
Yossi 6
chamakh 6

Hoya

Szczesny- 6- Made some good saves, and ultimately kept everything out. But he made a couple of really puzzling decisions at the end of the game, hopefully he learns from this.

Gibbs- 4 1st half, 7 2nd half- Really was average in the first half, and gave the ball away waaaaay too much. The second half he made good tackles and attacked much better, and improved on his passing.

Koscielny- 5- All of his great play was perfectly canceled out by his bad play.

Mertesacker- 5- Did alright, had some nervy moments but looked good on set pieces, made some good tackles. Slow.

Sagna- 5- Rare tough game for him. Sinclair really must be a talent if he found his way around Sagna that much.

Frimpong- 4- Positionally lost and did not pass well today at all. Still, he broke up their play some.

Arteta- 7- He was good, actually capable of doing what Wenger wants.

Ramsey- 5.5- Looked really knackered at the end, made some unfortunate passes. Looks good here and there and looks a bit out of form and shape at other times.

Walcott- 3- Not good today. Killed a lot of attacks, looked more interested at talking than playing at times. I don't know where that's coming from, but he should be dropped if it continues.

Arshavin- 7- More for being sooooo much better than he has been recently. Looked dangerous at times, really attacked, completed better passes instead of going for the perfect pass every time, and had a lot more energy. Good for him!

Van Persie- 5- Made some great attacking plays, but lost possession a lot and broke up our attack at times. I WAS encouraged, however, by the fact that he didn't seem disinterested or completely out of the game at any point.

SUBS

Coquelin- 7- Great defensive midfielder. I'm not sure he's a better player than Frimpong or anything overall, but this is his position.

Benayoun- 5- Got into the game more and more, but was really dire at first.

arsmile

Established Member
Snez-6- good early save, dominant, nearly screwed it up at the end though

Sag-6

Per-7- thought he was good- not comparing him in terms of quality but the way he does what he does is very reminiscent of Adams

Kos-8-thought he kept the defence in order

Gibbs-6- good offensive play, caught a couple of times

Frimpong-5- passing wasn’t up to much and got tired

Ramsey-6- thought he was alright, but missing the pass when we has a 4 on 1 on nearly cost us- got very tired, we have asked a lot from him in these first few games

Arteta-7- very solid debut- looks to be working well with robin and ramsey

Walcott-4- occasionally dangerous, sometimes a liability, often anonymous- not subbing him was stupid, he offers nothing off the ball in a defensive situation

Arshavin-6- took advantage of the opportunity well, otherwise a bit dangerous, sometimes lazy and slidy- I agree with whoever said in the match thread that he does seem to have brought the slide into his game in order to have a little rest

Robin-5- fine

Ben-6- immediately we saw that he had workrate over arsh- but didn’t show much quality in the short time he had

Coq-6- good to have him as an option, did well.

Cham-5- not sure what the point of that was- not as if he came on and then held up the ball expertly, was funny watching him absolutely bemused as to who to give the captaincy to- I dotn know where it ended up- but it does say something about us/him.

Not good enough…but we got the points and can move on from here- one positive is that the new signigns showed they are up to it as far as I am concerned.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Can't quite follow you (re "giving the ball up so easily").

His passing out of defence has been much better than against Udinese and ManUre, and his interceptions have been very good once again (saved at least once our arses in the first half).

La Sagna

Established Member
Shez- 6.5
Sagna- 6
Kos- 7
Per- 6
Gibbs- 6
Frimpomg- 5
Mikel- 6.5
Ramsey- 5
Walcott- 4
Arshavin- 6
Van Persie- 6

fabo

6.51 / 10
I think he means his little bursts upfield that result in him giving possession away, happened a few times again today. Also got burned once or twice.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
fabo said:
I think he means his little bursts upfield that result in him giving possession away, happened a few times again today. Also got burned once or twice.

Ah ok, criticism regarding that is justified.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
And the fact he got a bit carried away and played an idiotic 40 yard pass to Arshavin, of all people, and left us susceptible on the break, which nearly resulted in a goal.

McIntyre

Established Member
arsmile said:
was funny watching him absolutely bemused as to who to give the captaincy to- I dotn know where it ended up- but it does say something about us/him.

Who did it end up with? I didn't notice either. Can anybody enlighten me? I'd be interested to know.

Floating

Established Member
McIntyre said:
arsmile said:
was funny watching him absolutely bemused as to who to give the captaincy to- I dotn know where it ended up- but it does say something about us/him.

Who did it end up with? I didn't notice either. Can anybody enlighten me? I'd be interested to know.

Chamakh ended up keeping it. Should've given it to Per or Szczesny, not like it mattered. :?

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom