• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Udinese | CL P/O 1st leg| Tues 16th Aug - 7:45pm

What do you think the outcome of this game will be?

• A clear win (by 2 or more goals)

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Narrow win (by 1 goal)

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • A draw

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Narrow loss (by 1 goal)

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • A big loss (by 2 or more goals)

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Established Member
Chesney
Sagna Kos Vermaelen Gibbs
Gervinho Song Ramsey Arshavin
Walcott Chamakh

That sounded better in my head...but i hate this one up front crap, especially if it's going to be Chamakh - he had better show us something of note, and fast.

Kain

Established Member
redanddread said:
That plumb, Chamakh, kept our season ticking whilst RVP was resting on his sickbed. No reason, he cannot come good again. It will be more difficult because we are missing both Cesc & Nasri but lest see what happens before we write him off.

:lol:

If we're lucky he might do what he does best & dive in the box to win us a penalty, it wil be a European ref.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
qs said:
Shue said:
qs said:
The poll is stupid.
Experiment based on this thread in Suggestions;

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=138102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=138102</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh right. Not a fan of the idea myself.
neither am i.. as you can see, i was against this

Kain

Established Member
That’s a point as it goes, without Robin, Cesc & Mercenasri in the team who will be the main designated penalty taker?

amirkat

Established Member
I'm almost more interested on what the Home atmosphere will be like for the season; hopefully we can get a taster for it on Tuesday. Perhaps the fact tickets went on general sale will also determine it. Last season was poisonous and it didn't help the team at all, imo.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Maybe Chamakh if he plays?

redwhiteAustrian said:
This idea with the poll is great, but I wouldn't open it until the day before the kick-off.

After disappointing results just like today's, people like to look at the next game not as positive and objective, as probably 24 hours before the kick off of the next one.

Just my two cents.

Good point :idea:
It also felt a bit weird debuting it on a 1st leg match thread, where people might not care as strongly about the physical result (moreso the entire tie itself).
But yeah, if the poll is done more in future, then adding it straight after the last game, doesn't promote the chance to wait and think (however this current poll will shut around the time the game kicks off/ends so it's more accurate). The trial run is helped by points like yours, so we'll take it onboard.

So we know that Robin definitely won't be involved? I'm seeing his name in many proposed teams, though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
GOONER1991 said:
VAN PERSIE IS NOT BANNED AND AVAILABLE.

Guys, I thought Van Persie had got a ban too, but it was only Nasri and Wenger. I feel a whole lot better now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-and-nasri-given-one-match-bans-by-uefa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ns-by-uefa</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Na, RvP is banned. That story is just relating to the UEFA Ruling in regards to Samir and Wengers conduct.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Yeah, my bad. I forgot that he was sent off against Barca. Of course he's banned.

I feel bad about this tie again :(

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Kain said:
redanddread said:
That plumb, Chamakh, kept our season ticking whilst RVP was resting on his sickbed. No reason, he cannot come good again. It will be more difficult because we are missing both Cesc & Nasri but lest see what happens before we write him off.

:lol:

If we're lucky he might do what he does best & dive in the box to win us a penalty, it wil be a European ref.

A bit harsh eh. The lad hasn't performed well recently but a good player doesn't become crap overnight.

mjkgooner

we're pretty good at home in Europe, the away leg will be hard but I think we'll get the job done at home, RVP and Arshavin to score

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs

--------------Song - Ramsey - -------

---Theo--------Arshavin-------Gervinho

----------------Chamakh

but sadly I expect to see:-

--------------Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs

--------------Song - Rosicky - -------

---Theo--------Ramsey-------Arshavin

----------------Chamakh

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I hope during the match our homecrowd will support the team. They'll need it. Any chants aimed at Wenger/the board will be counterproductive (I'm sure quite a lot of players in our current squad exactly want what the fans want: spend the ******* money). Protests should be done pre-match, during HT and post-match.

Popmousse

We need our best available attackers on the field for this, we need a win badly at home to get us going for the season. If we lose I expect a huge meltdown at the Emirates but that might just be the solution to get the board investing properly.

Szczesny
Sagna-Vermaelen-Koscielny-Gibbs
Song(Frimpong)-Ramsey
Walcott(Chamberlain)-Arshavin-Gervinho
Vela (Chamakh)

Just wow...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

clockwork orange said:
I hope during the match our homecrowd will support the team. They'll need it. Any chants aimed at Wenger/the board will be counterproductive (I'm sure quite a lot of players in our current squad exactly want what the fans want: spend the ******* money). Protests should be done pre-match, during HT and post-match.

Yeah I am actually a bit scared , the mood of the fans fuelled by the twitter monkeys is quite poisonous . Am afraid that the crowd will get on the teams back with the smallest of mistakes, heaven forbid if we go behind .

fabo

6.51 / 10
Worrying about bloody Udinese at home, times are a changing.

Quite funny that my concern for this tie is not the defence, but midfield and attack.

Still would expect a win though.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I see a nail biting heart attach rendering draw. Just look at those chumps at NUFC. Eek.

We really need a top notch striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom