• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's Overrated and Underrated?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So does God, and look where he's got us: Trump, Farage and selfie sticks.
:lol:
And he's given Farage a £73,000 pension, on the British taxpayer, for having the lowest attendance of all 751 MEPs.

He needs to spend more time helping Wenger. Allowing the refs to see our blatant penalties would be a start.:eek:

Think we have good team and good manager and for what we have spent on the squad in last few years I think we are on right track to top4.

I'm most excited to see the youngsters who are coming through! I think there could be real gems there, players who will be here for a long time!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I fail to see how any of this has to do with any potential god-like figure....
It's called going off at a tangent. It happens a lot on here.

You should have been here when Bobby the evangelist tried to convert us all. Fortunately @Mark Tobias saw him off like a Rottweiler.

Anyway back on thread. The player most over-rated is Ramsey. He's undoubtedly a talent but has some big drawbacks:

-Lucky to get a couple of months without an injury
-When he comes back he usually takes a number of games to get his touch back
- Wenger still struggles to get him to go forward at right times and took him off at half time v Liverpool because he was so frustrated with him. Unheard of for Wenger.
-When he's good, he's very good. But he's frustratingly not consistent.

skip spence

Based on the general opinion of AM

Overrated
Xhaka, Özil (still good though), Wilshere, Iwobi (not sure how many people still rate him though), Lacazette

Underrated
Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Monreal is underrated, everyone is quick to sh*t on him anytime he makes a mistake but ignore it when it's Kos that does it. Nacho has been one of our most reliable players for years and people will love him again when the team gets back on form.

Reactions: BBF

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Underrated: Ramsey, Welbeck and Cazorla.

Ramsey: Insane engine and despite being clearly instructed by Wenger to play the way he does gets **** on as if it's his own decision. Most of the other top 6 teams would find great use from him. Imagine him at Liverpool or Chelsea for instance.

Welbeck: Has put in some excellent big game performances, always puts in a shift and his pace and energy gives us a serious out ball in the big games. Look we all know he's not a goal-scorer so let's judge him for what he is. A good squad option who can add something in the big games.

Cazorla: Literally the glue that holds Wengerball together, we're borderline title contenders with him and we're struggling to get into top 4 without him. That's an absolute fact based on the evidence from the last few seasons when you look at our performances with and without him and how many wins we get with him compared to without him. We know he isn't perfect as a CM but my God is he better in there than literally any other option we've had since Cesc left/Arteta seriously declined.

Overrated:

Lacazette: Good finisher but you'd swear we'd finally got an RvP-esque quality striker again. He's quite limited, is anonymous in a lot of games and doesn't keep CB's busy enough for my like and I still question his stamina and even his pace doesn't seem as great as I thought it would be.

Not really sure who else, maybe Kolasinac, maybe Xhaka. But I think everyone's in agreement in terms of players declining or players just not being that good.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Simple, what players do you feel get too much praise, and what players deserve more?

I'll start:

Overrated: Welbeck. I don't think that many people overrate him tbf, but now that he's not our only alternative to static Giroud I'm realizing just how poor of a footballer he is. He's an unreliable finisher, and imo very poor in possession. Some people seem to think he's got great build-up play but I couldn't disagree more, I feel he's almost Coquelin.

Agree wholeheartedly. Welbeck is a poor footballer, he chips in with the occasional goal which keeps him popular amongst the supporters- but in reality he's not good enough to be here.

His cameo against West Ham had me frothing at the mouth ffs. He never can quite get the ball under control can he? You think a fresh Welbeck can cause problems, but in actual fact it's just Welbeck.. but fresh :lol:.

It's a shame he'll probably renew his contract here as he'd fetch a decent fee and could then frustrate the living daylights out of some other poor sods. The difference between he and Giroud is night and day, the difference between him and Lacazette is heaven and hell.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like the thread, but as soon as I see certain players in both the underrated and overrated lists, I think... meeeeeeeh, I'll make a cup of tea instead :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Welbeck is an utter abomination of a footballer. Funny how he gets off lightly compared to Theo, even though the latter is a much superior goal scorer.
I swear you've copied and pasted one of my posts saying the same from about a year ago.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I honestly dont see how anyone can say Welbeck is underrated when you look at his goalscoring record. You just can't. He is what is says on the can.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I swear you've copied and pasted one of my posts saying the same from about a year ago.
Worried about myself if I'm starting to sound like you:
It sums up footie fans for me. Bewildering. Theo will score a couple and people will say 'oh, must be contract time again', or 'oh, must be preseason again'. Welbeck can't score for shi!t, never scores for sh!t, and people seem to have so much more time for him. I've given up trying to work it out.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom