• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we will ever see his like again at Arsenal. Once we change manager, I think we'll be more similar to other clubs. It will be more chop and change.

While I have to a certain extent lost my belief in that he can win us the title or the Champions League, I am not so sure I want him replaced. I don't trust the board for one minute to find someone that is better. They are probably very capable of finding someone that is significantly worse.

The transfers this summer were encouraging. That we went out and spent £35m on a CB has been amply rewarded. I still think he has it in the transfer market.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he just stops waiting untill the 70' minute with his subbs...its so annoying. Some players were done for 10 minutes into the second half, why keep waiting?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not really his fault, very fine margins. Özil is scoring that 9 times out of 10. He should have made subs earlier but whatever.

My main concern is how Koeman Poch and Mourinho have his number. You want your manager to learn from experience, against those three he just can't seem to best them.

Hunter Zolomon

Not really his fault, very fine margins. Özil is scoring that 9 times out of 10. He should have made subs earlier but whatever.

My main concern is how Koeman Poch and Mourinho have his number. You want your manager to learn from experience, against those three he just can't seem to best them.
'but if we change managers we will end up like all the teams that are struggling' squeal the wenger fanboys. However i say not winning the league how may years in a row while not learning from your mistakes and getting spanked by the same managers is struggling. Walcott, giroud, ox, ramsey play bad/struggle, we want them benched or sold off. However our manager does the same for a long time its ok for him to stay. People also say that players being undroppable even when playing bad, leads to complacency. However a manager knowing he is never gonna get sacked has no fire or incentive to be inventive or adapt. That is why it took us years to get an adequate goal keeper and centre half. Thats why we turned a world class left winger to a definitely not world class striker and we swallow it. Instead of trully strengthening our team and getting a world class striker. And we swallowed it, for all we gained from alexis moving to cf we lost from him providing from the wing and helping cover poor monreal, who sometimes just looks like a rape victim every week. somehow ppl still think we cant do better than wenger.

MagicalRozza

What I hate is like a tidle wave of extreme views in this topic after a beautiful win or a shameful loss. It is either "give the man a 20 years contract" or "sack the useless old fart". One game should not be a decisive factor on the manager's employment but neither should be some overused statistics from 1990s when it was enough for the manager to forbid his players to get drunk before the game to have a competitive advantage. I have been wanting him out for three seasons now and still do. The reality of the modern game is you have to immediately respond to how things develop on the field. He refuses to acknowledge it and I fully respect it. However we need a kick to modern era coaching and we need fresh blood for this.

What I hate is like a tidle wave of extreme views in this topic after a beautiful win or a shameful loss. It is either "give the man a 20 years contract" or "sack the useless old fart". One game should not be a decisive factor on the manager's employment but neither should be some overused statistics from 1990s when it was enough for the manager to forbid his players to get drunk before the game to have a competitive advantage. I have been wanting him out for three seasons now and still do. The reality of the modern game is you have to immediately respond to how things develop on the field. He refuses to acknowledge it and I fully respect it. However we need a kick to modern era coaching and we need fresh blood for this.

That is what you get with modern people who get all their football knowledge from football manager where seasons are played in days not a year.

carlito'sway

Established Member
'but if we change managers we will end up like all the teams that are struggling' squeal the wenger fanboys. However i say not winning the league how may years in a row while not learning from your mistakes and getting spanked by the same managers is struggling. Walcott, giroud, ox, ramsey play bad/struggle, we want them benched or sold off. However our manager does the same for a long time its ok for him to stay. People also say that players being undroppable even when playing bad, leads to complacency. However a manager knowing he is never gonna get sacked has no fire or incentive to be inventive or adapt. That is why it took us years to get an adequate goal keeper and centre half. Thats why we turned a world class left winger to a definitely not world class striker and we swallow it. Instead of trully strengthening our team and getting a world class striker. And we swallowed it, for all we gained from alexis moving to cf we lost from him providing from the wing and helping cover poor monreal, who sometimes just looks like a rape victim every week. somehow ppl still think we cant do better than wenger.

"we turned a world class left winger to a definitely not world class striker"
"poor monreal, who sometimes just looks like a rape victim every week."
Are you trolling? :rolleyes:

Hunter Zolomon

I don't think we will ever see his like again at Arsenal. Once we change manager, I think we'll be more similar to other clubs. It will be more chop and change.

While I have to a certain extent lost my belief in that he can win us the title or the Champions League, I am not so sure I want him replaced. I don't trust the board for one minute to find someone that is better. They are probably very capable of finding someone that is significantly worse.

The transfers this summer were encouraging. That we went out and spent £35m on a CB has been amply rewarded. I still think he has it in the transfer market.
sure the board cannot improve on our lord Arsène wenger. Listen to yourself, i bet even you can probably name a couple of managers better than him. Managers that manage to do more with less. As for transfers was he not the guy that made preposterous bid of 49mil and a pound bid for suarez? a player who carried liverpool on his back. Imagine what having him would have done for arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There have been some major improvements this season. We topped our CL group which included PSG (we never lost a game against them) but it's very difficult to see past the regular reoccurring pitfalls.

Koeman has Wengers number, Mourinho has Wengers number, Poch has his number I'd even say domestically Klopp has Wengers number and we all know about Stoke away and our record against Southampton. That's over a quarter of the league that I feel when we play those teams/managers we will struggle. We need to see Wenger improve dramatically in those games beat Mourinho at the Emirates, beat Stoke away, get three points off Poch, Koeman and Klopp. Until we do that then the great form we have elsewhere will come undone.

So yes there has been progress but it's not as far as it needs to be. We've one game left against each of those and we need to be achieving near maximum points.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

So all those balls bouncing around on a wet surface, Özil missing his shot, Clattenburg missing a possible penalty at the end, Mustafi being injured . . were irrelevant. The only reason we lost is because Koeman has Wenger's number. :eek:

You can't honestly believe that sh*t. Wenger beat Mourinho in the Community shield last year, how come Mourinho didn't have his number that day. And in the first league match the ref mistakenly sent off one of our players to give Mourinho his number that day.

If you look over the long term at all Wenger's results, it's mainly the richer teams that he's struggled with City, United and Chelsea . . .um . . . I wonder why?

Money is everything in this game, which is why the United £600m squad are not out of this race by a long way. Arsenal are always batting above the squad depth NOT below, even though they probably won't win the league because the odds are against them.

Can't believe you can't see this.;)

FinnGooner

Established Member
So all those balls bouncing around on a wet surface, Özil missing his shot, Clattenburg missing a possible penalty at the end, Mustafi being injured . . were irrelevant. The only reason we lost is because Koeman has Wenger's number. :eek:

You can't honestly believe that sh*t. Wenger beat Mourinho in the Community shield last year, how come Mourinho didn't have his number that day. And in the first league match the ref mistakenly sent off one of our players to give Mourinho his number that day.

If you look over the long term at all Wenger's results, it's mainly the richer teams that he's struggled with City, United and Chelsea . . .um . . . I wonder why?

Money is everything in this game, which is why the United £600m squad are not out of this race by a long way. Arsenal are always batting above the squad depth NOT below, even though they probably won't win the league because the odds are against them.

Can't believe you can't see this.;)

Koeman has never had more money in his disposal than Wenger, yet his record shows he can set his sides against Arsène very well (Koeman's record over five different team is DDWDWLWLWWDW,). Is it really so difficult to face facts? I guess post-truth is indeed a very good name for the times we live in.

Everton were the better side despite a few calls going against us. It shouldn't come as a surprise to Wenger that away from home you don't always get the calls you deserve. It also shouldn't come as a surprise that Koeman sets his side to play very physical game against us. Every single neutral fan that saw the game said Everton fully deserved the victory and I agree. And that is not saying that I wanted Everton to win or that I'm in any way pleased that they did.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying Koeman is better manager than Wenger and I'm certainly not saying that Koeman would be better manager for Arsenal than Wenger is but he obviously does know how to set his teams against us and his record against Wenger's Arsenal proves it. If Wenger wants to win another title, he has to get rid of these bogeymen managers. Simple as. It's not about me wanting Wegner out or anything. If Wenger doesn't find a way to beat certain managers and their rugby style approach, he will not win another PL title. It really doesn't matter if me, you or anybody else on this forum wants it or not.

Also, just because we lose a game where a call goes against us, doesn't mean we would've won or drew the game if the ref had made the call right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom