• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent14

I saw Wenger's quote about wanting to keep the team together and add a couple of players, and I don't disagree with him. However, he clearly isn't capable of taking that team to the level it needs to be at.

We finished in 5th this year, and on paper we have the best squad in the league, in my opinion. We're basically missing a WC CF, but we still have Alexis who scores just as many goals as any CF.

If you look at the individual stats of Alexis, Özil, Xhaka, Ox and more it is obvious that they had good seasons, however, collectively the team had a lot of problems, and that goes down to coaching.

The biggest difference between Arséne and the other top coaches can be summarized by how Arséne and Conte responded to adversity.

After we humiliated Chelsea, they completely changed their formation. They had a plan B, which eventually became their new plan A.

Wenger has acknowledged that the loss to Everton in December slowed our momentum and the team had a problem recovering. It is Wenger's job to ensure that the team recovers, and instilling more belief or addressing our mentality is no longer adequate. The coach needs to make tactical changes to freshen things up and instill confidence. Wenger failed to do that until it was too late.

Pochettino at Sp**s had his players regularly switch between 4 and 3 at the back depending on the match. This allowed him to rotate and rest players, while also ensuring that his teams were both unpredictable and prepared for an array of tactics.

Pep did the same.

Wenger never did this until it was too late. It really doesn't matter who we sign or how good our squad is if Wenger can't have some tactical fluidity.
arsenal has the best squad in the league in your opinion? have you looked at the other teams in the league? LOL

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenal has the best squad in the league in your opinion? have you looked at the other teams in the league? LOL

Yeah, so the point is to say that the team under performed. And I know it seems like a long time ago, but our team was playing really well in the first half of the season. We were playing at the level that we should expect this team to play at, and then the nightmare that was the second half of the season happened.

Monreal, Kos, and Bellerin were arguably the best in their position. Mustafi fit in perfectly too.

Alexis was one of the top scorers in the league, and Özil had started scoring goals tool. Both of them had taken their game up a level. Giroud was the best super sub in the league. We had a system that was getting the best out of Theo too.

The only question mark was CM as we got Xhaka used to the EPL, and dealt with Santi's injury. Our midfield was unspectacular but showed promise.

Throw in Iwobi and Ox who had stepped up their level from last season, and we clearly had one of, if not, the best teams in the league.

The second half we underperformed and Wenger did not get the best out of the team. However, the quality of this squad is pretty clear.

AVENTUS

He says after the Cup final we'll know his decision. If his waiting for a Arsenal to win the Fa Cup so he can sign a new deal I genuinely hope Chelsea destroy us 6-0 again if it means he'll leave...

I fail to understand or comprehend how Wenger turns this around next season..

We finished runners up to relegation fodder last season who were crowned Champions and this season we don't even make top 4 with nine defeats in the campaign it's just mediocre..

I reckon half that squad want Wenger out players like Chamberlian, Perez, Alexis, Ospina & Cech im certain they want Wenger out.

Guy lacks direction and is finished at top level

Goonerboy_1989

We only started to really perform when it was necessary to get into the top 4. So the past 2-3 weeks have been the best out of this whole diabolical season. I kept on telling myself that it needs to happen, we need to finish outside the top 4 so it may raise some more eyebrows than usual... for something to maybe give? Wenger to leave? Kroenke? Or Gazidis? But nope that looks like it hasn't worked has it... shame really... being an Arsenal fan isn't great at the moment, everytime I step into my work place I get the **** ripped out of me... things need to change and drastically at the football club. Enough is enough in my opinion.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We finished the season well but the period when we were losing to the likes of Watford must not be forgotten. Even if we win the FA Cup Wenger has to go. If he stays it will be same thing next season and for each season he stays. He's done and we need a change. If we can replace Kroenke as well then so much the better!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I agree with this guy.
I feel this guy is voicing what many of us feel. What has really really got to me is Wenger's attitude that he can just not tell what he is going to do. Like we have no right to get an answer. He said he had decided, then he was going to tell end of April and so on. It is hard not to think that he doesn't give a s**t what we fans think or feel. It is just so arrogant.

notafan

I feel this guy is voicing what many of us feel. What has really really got to me is Wenger's attitude that he can just not tell what he is going to do. Like we have no right to get an answer. He said he had decided, then he was going to tell end of April and so on. It is hard not to think that he doesn't give a s**t what we fans think or feel. It is just so arrogant.
All the evidence in recent years points to his disdain for the fans and their feelings. For that reason alone he is no longer worthy to be manager of a football club at any level. Perhaps if Arsenal were winning the EPL every other season, his attitude to the fans might be justified. The fact that he hasn't had any real success for over a decade makes his arrogance indefensible - whatever the "squad cost" factor, since that was also his decision, and another symptom of his inflated opinion of himself.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That whole hostile atmosphere started because of Wenger. First game of the season he started with Chambers and Holding unsurprisingly they shipped four goals. Same story for the last few years, he has left us short before a ball is kicked and the fans know it and the results show it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That whole hostile atmosphere started because of Wenger. First game of the season he started with Chambers and Holding unsurprisingly they shipped four goals. Same story for the last few years, he has left us short before a ball is kicked and the fans know it and the results show it.

We had injuries, Liverpool were lucky.

But I agree, if fans are frustrated then it's because they are tired of the same patterns.

I don't know why we can't win our first game of the season anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom