• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Safe to say we are in the last two years of Wenger, this time next year we'll be looking at his last summer at Arsenal.

Time will fly. I'm doubtful of him nd thought he should've left but I'll back him right till the end now, the finish line is near anyway.

notafan

We had injuries, Liverpool were lucky.

But I agree, if fans are frustrated then it's because they are tired of the same patterns.

I don't know why we can't win our first game of the season anymore.
According to Wenger himself, it's because the players weren't ready to play, and he gave the same reason for losses later in the season. Whose fault is that?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Best thing Wenger did today is make John Cross look a complete **** (not that he needs help in that respect). Weeks of "complete overhaul of the squad" articles and then Arséne drops the "we only need one or two" bomb. :lol:

Wenger could be playing it down, he's not going to say "I might sign 3/4 and sell 3/4".

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Safe to say we are in the last two years of Wenger, this time next year we'll be looking at his last summer at Arsenal.

Time will fly. I'm doubtful of him nd thought he should've left but I'll back him right till the end now, the finish line is near anyway.

Two years of hostility more than likely... I mean surely most fans realise it'd be better to back the team and the manager going into next season?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Very intrigued to see how quickly Wenger gets our business done this summer, he tried last summer but couldn't get it done quickly after Vardy collapsed and with Kolasinac already likely to be done quite early surely he's planning to get in 2/3 within the first few weeks.

Gotta say though, he'll probably spend some time trying to persuade Özil and Alexis to sign new contracts too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Two years of hostility more than likely... I mean surely most fans realise it'd be better to back the team and the manager going into next season?
What do you mean by 'back the team'? They have done all season. **** the manager tbh. They can roar the team on and want Wenger to do one at the same time. That's what I've done whenever Ive had the chance.

allegro

Wenger could be playing it down, he's not going to say "I might sign 3/4 and sell 3/4".
This guy dont know what he says from one day to the next! After this season NOBODY with a braincell would believe anything that comes out of his mouth... He is NO LONGER a legend...its gone... HE killed it ... Arsène your just a BELLEND!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Until he renews for 3 more years, extending the finish line.

OShea's2010

We were fine until that Everton game in December...

Then we lost two in a row. The man city game they stole it from us. Two offside goals.

Also blaming the atmosphere does not solely mean the fans, could be internal conflicts. Could be executive problems etc,
It was coming if you ask me. struggled against man utd & psg in November. also went 2-0 down early in the ludogorets game. signs were there

em9999

My rainbows
I think Wenger will step down after the fa cup final

I will never forgive certain elements of our support that have hounded him out..

If Wenger does go prepare for years without champions league...

I will always be eternally grateful to Arsène for everything he has given to our club..

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I flit back and forth between him staying and going. His most recent comment make me think he's going to go but then the news of us supposedly signing Kolasinac points to the exact opposite.

The fact he didn't go on lap of honour because he didn't want fan reaction to sour it for the players surely means he knows he's lost enough of the fan base.

The whole falling out of the top 4 thing is kind of long overdue, people have been predicting us falling out of the top 4 for a number of seasons now because of our lack of ambition and investment as a club. Also coupled with that fact we have shown the same vulnerabilities and weaknesses each season with no improvement.

I feel while Wenger is still here nothing will significantly change and a 2 year contract is not going to achieve anything positive. I hope he would of stepped down after his last contract and now this one. How can we be sure he won't continue again at the end of the new contract, the man just won't quit.

Fresh ideas are needed now I don't see the point in him staying on, if you believe it's to offer stability and consistency well Wenger no longer gives us that and that was never good enough anyway as we should be competing.

silky_shava

I think Wenger will step down after the fa cup final

I will never forgive certain elements of our support that have hounded him out..

If Wenger does go prepare for years without champions league...

I will always be eternally grateful to Arséne for everything he has given to our club..

It's too late. It will be a selfish decision if he steps down after the F.A cup. Decision should have been made in Feb/March time. His already cost us this season and probably will cost us next season too with the turmoil over the summer trying to find a replacement. Trust me this board probably haven't even started making any inquiries on who's available.

em9999

My rainbows
Wenger has been many things to arsenal but selfish isnt one of them.

He's honoured every contract, he's turned down numerous clubs, he's got champions league constantly for 19 years..

I'm absolutely disgusted with the way some arsenal fans talk about the guy.. He deserves so much better than some of our fans..

I don't care if this forum wants to attack me for these comments..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom