• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tywin

As a hardcore Wenger fan and someone who started supporting the club because of the style of play he introduced its difficult to say it but he's lost it. Every season he gets worse he's hopeless with transfers and has no idea about tactics.I love the man to death but honestly cannot find any reason why he should remain as Arsenal manager. He now has a negative influence on the club.

From finishing outside the top 4 last season to this clusterfuck of a transfer window and our team looking completely lost on the pitch he's obviously not able to handle it anymore. I dont think he has anything left to contribute to the club. The fans have turned on him the players want out all the ex Arsenal players think he's finished. He's built a poor team for a manager with so much time and money frankly done a bad job for all the resources and reputation this club has.

Its sad to see his decline. This man once was a wizard in the transfer market signing players like Vieira and Anelka for **** all and bringing in guys like Overmars, Pires, Henry and Petit. I don't buy that lack of coaching nonsense people talk about there is no way the invincibles just decided to play that way if was Wenger who put them together and got them to play the best football ever seen in Britain.

I doubt he will be sacked or resign we will to endure another 2 years of this and hopefully he leaves at the end and we bring in a proper replacement. Will be sad to see him go he should have left on a high after winning one of those FA Cups.

He's an amazing fascinating man who I love like a father but unfortunately he is no longer a top manager.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The club has been in a crisis whether the club itself perceives that is irrelevant. The club including Wenger need to be aware of the perception of its brand. To be off holidaying on one of the perceived biggest days in the year is two fingers up to the fans. No other business would have this lack of awareness or contempt for its consumers.
Agree. It's amazing how badly the club mugs its fans on a regular basis and then have the cheek to say to them that any sort of negativity is unfortunate and we wish to avoid them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My hot take: reckon Wenger might not be a top manager anymore and should be sacked in the most brutal manner possible.

Preferably marched off by Usmanov's secret police mid-game.
:lol::lol: Can't wait for you to sling that ****ing avi.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We're 3-4 quality players short of challenging now. We'll be starting a CM who thinks he's a striker and a CM who can't tackle or pass further than 5 yards as it stands. Then we have a load of defenders who can't actually defend bar one, and a load of forwards who **** themselves at the sight of white goal posts. It's always one step forward, and two steps back at Arsenal.

We are a Board, a competent manager away from any relative success in the league or in Europe.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Still Wenger in forever but Im baffled by some of his recent decisions relating to transfers.
I fully back the man but hes got to start bucking up his ideas otherwise the small percent of us supporters who still deem him as the right guy for the job will stop trusting him.
Wenger's attacking football can be spectacular. And I'll never disrespect the guy. But even you've got to admit that the Liverpool game was shocking. Not one single shot on target.

Crocrodile

The only reason I don 't want Wenger immediately out is that I don't want him falling on the sword and taking the fall for all the complicites:
  • THE BOARD, especially KROENKE All of them. Haven't put a single penny towards the club in years, especially with the TV money kicking in, they are all having a laugh making money and watching reality Tv meltdowns by Arsenal fans.
  • **** LAW Chief negotiator negotiating **** in Thailand by the looks of it
  • SCOUTS, especially GRIMANDI(France) We have triple the number of scouts yet they seem to have been sitting on their asses.
  • IVAN SCUMCUNT GAZIDIS I 'm a Croat so I know what we 're dealing with.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Will you guys still regard him as a club legend if he stays for two more years and keeps doing this? He's in danger of have more bad years than good years on his Arsenal resume, with the last 5+ years of his reign basically being utter misery for fans.
Let's not get too carried away. If top 4 finishes and 3 FACups in the last 5 years are 'utter misery', you hammers must be on ****ing **** watch.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
The only reason I don 't want Wenger immediately out is that I don't want him falling on the sword and taking the fall for all the complicites:
  • THE BOARD, especially KROENKE All of them. Haven't put a single penny towards the club in years, especially with the TV money kicking in, they are all having a laugh making money and watching reality Tv meltdowns by Arsenal fans.
  • SCOUTS, especially GRIMANDI(France) We have triple the number of scouts yet they seem to have been sitting on their asses.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

isop

• IVAN SCUMCUNT GAZIDIS I 'm a Croat so I know what we 're dealing with.

We do have money, even with the self-sustaining financial model. We're sitting on a lot of cash that wenger dithers to spend. He is actually given freedom by the board and kroenke to spend, he just either doesn't spend it or spends it badly a lot of the time, with the occasional good buy, which to be fair, laca and kola were. Remember when Gazidis used to say we could buy anyone short of ronaldo and messi, we can spend lots of money, it just depends on wenger.

This article puts it in a better way:

http://le-grove.co.uk/2017/08/29/disingenuous-myths-of-wenger-cash-woes-exposed-point-by-point/

I'm not even one that requires tons of money to spent, I'd just want smart signings. Mahrez was available for 45-50m, draxler perhaps for around 35m, if we had done the groundwork early those could have been some smart signings that didn't even cost much.

But let's be honest, signings can only do so much. The manager is done, and has been for years imo, not concerned too much about transfers when the elephant in the room needs to be moved on for the good of the club.

Last edited:

LGooner98

Al long as Wenger is still the manager, Nothing will change. We will continue to struggle in the league and CL, even if we managed to sign top players. Good players will just deteriorate under his management

FreakySami

We do have money, even with the self-sustaining financial model. We're sitting on a lot of cash that wenger dithers to spend. He is actually given freedom by the board and kroenke to spend, he just either doesn't spend it or spends it badly a lot of the time, with the occasional good buy, which to be fair, laca and kola were. Remember when Gazidis used to say we could buy anyone short of ronaldo and messi, we can spend lots of money, it just depends on wenger.

This article puts it in a better way:

http://le-grove.co.uk/2017/08/29/disingenuous-myths-of-wenger-cash-woes-exposed-point-by-point/

I'm not even one that requires tons of money to spent, I'd just want smart signings. Mahrez was available for 45-50m, draxler perhaps for around 35m, if we had done the groundwork early those could have been some smart signings that didn't even cost much.

But let's be honest, signings can only do so much. The manager is done, and has been for years imo, not concerned too much about transfers when the elephant in the room needs to be moved on for the good of the club.
If the owner freezes that money... We can't really use it can we?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I really have no idea if when Wenger finally leaves we kick on as a club, stay at the same level or drop like a stone.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I really have no idea if when Wenger finally leaves we kick on as a club, stay at the same level or drop like a stone.
It's obvious no? We'll employ someone like Howe and go again.

The budgets clearly aren't there to attract or keep a top name.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Exactly. It's been proven beyond doubt that signings make no difference under Wenger.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It's obvious no? We'll employ someone like Howe and go again.

The budgets clearly aren't there to attract or keep a top name.

I really dont know. Just look at the stuff Orny has come out with over the last three months... we will have a huge summer / we have no money / we saved money for the next two windows.

I have no idea what our aims are now or the money we are willing to spend.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Let's not get too carried away. If top 4 finishes and 3 FACups in the last 5 years are 'utter misery', you hammers must be on ****ing **** watch.

This isn't the NBA here, we're not playing in a relatively equal playing field. We overachieved by getting to the Europa League, you underachieved by doing it. Your bench is paid more per week than half of our starting XI.

For somehow who cares so much about squad costs and the expectations that come with it, this sure is a weird post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom