• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yesterday way before the window closed I said if Wenger had been told not to spend, then surely he would resign. Why would he stay or even sign a new contract if he knew he couldn't spend. I don't see the attraction in that and Wenger hasn't resigned, so for me that indicates Arsenal not spending more this window is very much down to him alone.

progman07

Established Member
If the owner freezes that money... We can't really use it can we?
Did we spend 100 million pounds well on Lucas, Xhaka, Mustafi, Takuma Asano and Holding? If not, whose fault is that?

Whose fault is that our squad is full of average players who take their wages home without any effort? Who signed those players? Who decided to give them money other teams cannot offer these players? We overpay too many average players, then complain we cannot sell them, and our squad is too large.

Don't get me wrong, Kroneke is a terrible majority owner, but his biggest fault lies in trusting Wenger to do this job after the last 5 years.

isop

Common sense tells you, of all the people at the club, the one who stands to gain the most from spending, is Wenger.

Why would he shoot himself in the foot by not going all out for the best players the bank balance would allow. It makes no sense.

My point was that it's not Kroenke stopping him from spending, there's plenty of money, Gazidis has said so in the past, that we can do great things in the transfer window, but it depends on wenger. Sometimes wenger's own valuation gets in the way when paying a little bit extra may get a deal over line.

There is also no need to unnecessarily waste money and spend for spendings sake. If you can make smart signings without overspending then thats cool. Monaco, Juventus, Sevilla, Dortmund, Roma are usually quite good at that.

OSBK

Established Member
Turned down twice by two young French talents doesn't do much for Wengers past it image.

Cant blame them, 10 years ago we were still every young french players first choice prem club. We had a solid french core of younger french players and they were influential characters. Roll on to now and we abandoned the french core and went british. We lost the french youth so we have giroud,kos,laca trying to entice french kids to join us. Whatever way you read that its right, why would lemar join? Is he gonna hang with giroud or try and fit in with ramsey.

Massive mistake by wenger, his strength was bringing in that young french talent that was our core. The british project has screwed us completely to the point where 92mill cannot fix it.

Get rid of wenger and bring monaco's manager in.

boyinneedofhumor

Anyone knows anyone who's in the betting game?
This might sound absurd but I'm wondering if there might be odds eventually on Benitez vs Wenger, as to whom will walk out first...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agreed but decisions like playing Ox and Sanchez against Liverpool, dropping off Kola and Laca, playing 2 LB's at CB, players out of position do not help. Problem is much bigger then lack of transfers.

Wenger would still screw up if he had the City budget.
They were shocking decisions, no doubt. As was allowing Ramsey to play so far up. Should have been on the touch line bollocking him after 5 minutes.

Any manager should be spending every last penny he can beg steal or borrow from the board. Because that's your first step towards finishing as high as you can. All else follows that.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Zilch. Above Wenger anyway.

Some lawyer was brought on to help handle player contracts but that's it from the non-playing side part of the football operations.

Yes its early but that lawyer might as well just **** off now, still no contracts done and if it was his idea to offer Ox over £150k just do one and save us money on his contract instead..

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Conte's lost twice to us this summer and once in the league last season.

Must be a real mug . . . wait . . . he won the league.
You should get a bumper sticker that says "Wenger beat Conte twice" cause that's all you got to say whenever anyone points out Wenger's failings.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm not a Wenger in by any strech but some of the posts here are really over the top.

Championship manager, ffs get a grip @Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility. We've won 3 FA cups in the past 4 years. I remember when we had our trophy draught and were ridiculed because it was "all about the trophies". Now it's about what?
Oh I've got a great grip alright. I've got a pretty good idea of what's to come for us this season thanks to Wenger.

I'm not a Wenger in by any strech but some of the posts here are really over the top.

Championship manager, ffs get a grip @Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility. We've won 3 FA cups in the past 4 years. I remember when we had our trophy draught and were ridiculed because it was "all about the trophies". Now it's about what?
Its about playing decent football. Also being able to have self-respect. Knowing when asked who you support, that you say so proudly, not expecting a grin and a snigger.

Tywin

Wenger doesnt own the club, he works for Kroenke, if Kroenke is not happy with Wenger, why did he give him a new contract.
Clubs everywhere buy players regardless of what the manager wants, if he doesnt want to spend, someone else does the spending for him.
Even if you are right and Wenger is refusing to spend, then why is he still in a job, because of Kroenke, unambitious parasite animal hunting ****.
And by the way, the reason we ended up with one gear Xhaka instead of express Kante is because Wenger was told we dont pay players 160k a week. Thats on Kroenke.
Both need to go, one of them leaving wont change a thing.

Wenger is the most powerful manager in world football. Everyone on the board who matters has said so before. I think the idea that the board turning down Wenger for a transfer or refusing to pay kante 160k a week is a joke. Nonsense. Wenger calls the shots.

Tywin

Same rubbish story about Wenger not being allowed to spend money for the last 10 years and amazingly people still believe it. As if the board couple deny Wenger if he asked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom