• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

isop

If the owner freezes that money... We can't really use it can we?

How is the owner freezing the money? Like he froze it last year when we spent £100m on transfers in a single window for the first time in our history? Or this year when we broke our transfer record? Read the article I posted.

This myth that the owner is stopping spending is another excuse that people use to defend wenger, when he is the one who is reluctant to spend. And if he was freezing the money, we would not have been able to afford sanchez staying and losing out on £60m, yet wenger had to freedom to decide to keep him.

I can't even be bothered on the transfer front, it's wenger thats the problem as I keep repeating.

Chilli Sauce

I really dont know. Just look at the stuff Orny has come out with over the last three months... we will have a huge summer / we have no money / we saved money for the next two windows.

I have no idea what our aims are now or the money we are willing to spend.

Ornstein proven himself to be a mouthpiece for the Arsenal PR machine with all this flip flopping.

I suppose if you are cynical Kroenke FC's aims are to get the cash balance as high as possible to use as collateral against his other investments, would explain a lot.

Wenger not saying anything either of substance means he is either happy with the situation, deluded we can make something with the current squad with all the wantaways or complicit in the operation of what is really starting to feel like a scam to Arsenal fans. My faith and respect in Wenger hit an all time low after the most recent drubbing and the saga surrounding AOC. An observer may say he has lost it on and off the pitch.

My only advice to anyone who goes to games or has season tickets is don't buy the merch unless you are collecting and don't buy any overpriced drinks or food at the stadium. Although at this stage i think it may already be too late and we are entering a period of hopelessness as the Arsenal revenue machine continues marching forward.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This isn't the NBA here, we're not playing in a relatively equal playing field. We overachieved by getting to the Europa League, you underachieved by doing it. Your bench is paid more per week than half of our starting XI.

For somehow who cares so much about squad costs and the expectations that come with it, this sure is a weird post.
:lol: Come on bro, you can't have it both ways.

Last season Man U£626m, Arsenal £332m, West Ham £171m

I'm not critising the Hammers for coming 11th, seems OK for your spend.

Gunners though should be in the top 4 and challenging for the FA Cup which by and large we have been. It may not be setting any houses on fire . . . but 'utter misery' is nonsense.

It's this season losing two out of the first three games playing more like Accrington Stanley, that Arsenal's wheels look to be coming off.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How is the owner freezing the money? Like he froze it last year when we spent £100m on transfers in a single window for the first time in our history? Or this year when we broke our transfer record? Read the article I posted.

This myth that the owner is stopping spending is another excuse that people use to defend wenger, when he is the one who is reluctant to spend. And if he was freezing the money, we would not have been able to afford sanchez staying and losing out on £60m, yet wenger had to freedom to decide to keep him.

I can't even be bothered on the transfer front, it's wenger thats the problem as I keep repeating.

Can you repost this article? Can't find it

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
The owner is a ****, a proper owner would have told Wenger spend and get results, or get out. So he either doesnt care, is greedy, incompetent, or all 3.
Anyone blaming wenger and not the owner is having a laugh, if you think wenger is doing a bad job, then why is his boss letting it happen year after year.
To top it off we get told we are skint, whatever happened to the cash reserves, rip off artists the lot of them. I wish we could run them out of town.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Look, everybody knows that the better quality players you buy, the better chance you have of finishing higher in the league.

Wenger took a lot of flak last year. He's stayed because he's desperate to win the league, prove the doubters wrong and leave on a high like SAF.

Common sense tells you, of all the people at the club, the one who stands to gain the most from spending, is Wenger.

Why would he shoot himself in the foot by not going all out for the best players the bank balance would allow. It makes no sense.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

His messing about with his contract caused us to drop points and out of the top 4, leading to us struggling to bring in targets. He might have been trying but he got us in to this position.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Look, everybody knows that the better quality players you buy, the better chance you have of finishing higher in the league.

Wenger took a lot of flak last year. He's stayed because he's desperate to win the league, prove the doubters wrong and leave on a high like SAF.

Common sense tells you, of all the people at the club, the one who stands to gain the most from spending, is Wenger.

Why would he shoot himself in the foot by not going all out for the best players the bank balance would allow. It makes no sense.

Agreed but decisions like playing Ox and Sanchez against Liverpool, dropping off Kola and Laca, playing 2 LB's at CB, players out of position do not help. Problem is much bigger then lack of transfers.

Wenger would still screw up if he had the City budget.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Agreed but decisions like playing Ox and Sanchez against Liverpool, dropping off Kola and Laca, playing 2 LB's at CB, players out of position do not help. Problem is much bigger then lack of transfers.

Wenger would still screw up if he had the City budget.
Wenger is a championship level manager now. Any mug with a half decent setup can get a result against us.

Tywin

The owner is a ****, a proper owner would have told Wenger spend and get results, or get out. So he either doesnt care, is greedy, incompetent, or all 3.
Anyone blaming wenger and not the owner is having a laugh, if you think wenger is doing a bad job, then why is his boss letting it happen year after year.
To top it off we get told we are skint, whatever happened to the cash reserves, rip off artists the lot of them. I wish we could run them out of town.

Who said we are skint? Who said that Kroenke has ever stopped Wenger from spending money

Come on it's the same story since 2009. Wenger just won't spend money to buy players who don't meet his outdated valuations and he has too much faith in the rubbish we have to sign replacements.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Who said we are skint? Who said that Kroenke has ever stopped Wenger from spending money

Come on it's the same story since 2009. Wenger just won't spend money to buy players who don't meet his outdated valuations and he has too much faith in the rubbish we have to sign replacements.

Wenger doesnt own the club, he works for Kroenke, if Kroenke is not happy with Wenger, why did he give him a new contract.
Clubs everywhere buy players regardless of what the manager wants, if he doesnt want to spend, someone else does the spending for him.
Even if you are right and Wenger is refusing to spend, then why is he still in a job, because of Kroenke, unambitious parasite animal hunting ****.
And by the way, the reason we ended up with one gear Xhaka instead of express Kante is because Wenger was told we dont pay players 160k a week. Thats on Kroenke.
Both need to go, one of them leaving wont change a thing.

Keeping Wenger is making our club look very unfashionable to players, we look behind the times and no longer a club for improving your talent. Also the ownership is making the club undesirable through it's lack of ambition and direction. We have a crumbling structure in the face of the modern game that all the higher ups at Arsenal fail to acknowledge.
At this rate we will fall in to the wilderness and do a Liverpool if we haven't already. It will be difficult to come back the longer we continue like this. Fresh blood is needed from top to bottom, that is players, manager and owner.
We can delude ourselves all we want and shuffle round the blame, everyone is complicit, even the fans who allowed mediocrity to set in. Top to bottom.

Toast

Established Member
And by the way, the reason we ended up with one gear Xhaka instead of express Kante is because Wenger was told we dont pay players 160k a week. Thats on Kroenke.
Both need to go, one of them leaving wont change a thing.

:lol:

Kroenke doesn't decide the wages, Wenger does and Kante isn't even on 160k. He's on ~1ook. We also pay several of our players in the region of 160k, btw.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
[QUOTE="AL the gooner, post: 4426184, member] express Kante is because Wenger was told we dont pay players 160k a week. Thats on Kroenke.
Both need to go, one of them leaving wont change a thing.[/QUOTE]

What ifs are pointless and useless

I know this

And yet the mere thought of us getting kante, vardy and Mahrez back then...

Is so thrilling i cant help myself
Transforms the whole team into contenders

And Özil and Alexis would have renewed

Dross players pushed out...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What changes above Wenger have happened since he signed the contract.

Remember Gazidis wanting a DoF and a shake up upstairs. Any of that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom