• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
At this point, there really is no such thing as unreasonable criticism of Wenger. Every point made against him in the past years he has proved valid.

Now I'm done with this. :)

Toast

Established Member
The bottom line is that you are now clutching at straws because @Toast totally disproved your post. :lol:

To be fair to @Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility , although I disagree with his focus on our home record, my post does not necessarily disprove the idea that "Wenger's pants have been pulled down repeatedly and I mean repeatedly by managers of United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and now even feckin Sp**s."

The issue of how exactly one defines 'having one's pants pulled down' aside, one might still find cause to criticise parts of our record, e.g. that against certain teams or managers we've had too many embarrassing results or have dropped points in silly ways too often. It all gets a bit subjective, but it's a valid line of argument as long as one doesn't extrapolate that reasoning to say 'our record against the top 6 is terrible', as that would be patently untrue.
Makintrax said:
When top teams play each other, what % are normally draws anyway?

I think that's the more important question. Or rather, I think that 'how does our record stack up against that of the rest of the top 6?' is the most interesting and potentially most insightful question to be answered to truly place our record in a comparative context.

Piper

I know many fans are disappointed at the conclusion of the transfer circus. But that's done and dusted. Whether you want Wenger to leave or stay is immaterial at this point. Why not get behind the manager (whoever he is) and his team and push on from here? Be proud that we are the Gunners.
Wenger has had support for over 10 years he would have been outed despite his early years of success by ANY other AMBITIOUS top club period.

Fans have been bled dry, lied to over and over again while ALL these parasites are lining their pockets with utter contempt for those who HAVE been supporting him/them!

End of this season we wont be top 4 (again) with this clown at the helm you tell me ANY decent player who will come to us in that window when they dont know if Wenger will be around to extend his next contract and our club shows such lack of ambition?

Trust me unless there are serious moves to remove Wenger AND get changes at our board level we are a mid table club for the next half or full decade at least. This man needs to go AND take Kroenke with him!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
To be fair to @Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility , although I disagree with his focus on our home record, my post does not necessarily disprove the idea that "Wenger's pants have been pulled down repeatedly and I mean repeatedly by managers of United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and now even feckin Sp**s."

The issue of how exactly one defines 'having one's pants pulled down' aside, one might still find cause to criticise parts of our record, e.g. that against certain teams or managers we've had too many embarrassing results or have dropped points in silly ways too often. It all gets a bit subjective, but it's a valid line of argument as long as one doesn't extrapolate that reasoning to say 'our record against the top 6 is terrible', as that would be patently untrue.

I think that's the more important question. Or rather, I think that 'how does our record stack up against that of the rest of the top 6?' is the most interesting and potentially most insightful question to be answered to truly place our record in a comparative context.
I'm not focusing on home record just for the sake of it. It's been 11 years since Arsenal won a league game at Old Trafford. 6 years since a win at Stamford Bridge. 5 years since a win at Anfield. 3 years since a win(home or away) against Sp**s. By having such a poor record in away games against the top sides, we put ourselves in a position where we have to take as close to maximum points at home as possible to compensate. That is why the draws at home are as damaging as a defeat.

BBF

I'm not focusing on home record just for the sake of it. It's been 11 years since Arsenal won a league game at Old Trafford. 6 years since a win at Stamford Bridge. 5 years since a win at Anfield. 3 years since a win(home or away) against Sp**s. By having such a poor record in away games against the top sides, we put ourselves in a position where we have to take as close to maximum points at home as possible to compensate. That is why the draws at home are as damaging as a defeat.

Facts

KROENKE SUCKS

Wenger has had support for over 10 years he would have been outed despite his early years of success by ANY other AMBITIOUS top club period.

Fans have been bled dry, lied to over and over again while ALL these parasites are lining their pockets with utter contempt for those who HAVE been supporting him/them!

End of this season we wont be top 4 (again) with this clown at the helm you tell me ANY decent player who will come to us in that window when they dont know if Wenger will be around to extend his next contract and our club shows such lack of ambition?

Trust me unless there are serious moves to remove Wenger AND get changes at our board level we are a mid table club for the next half or full decade at least. This man needs to go AND take Kroenke with him!

How the hell have we be making top 4 with a garbage board and financial restrictions for the 19 out of 20 years, while richer more ambitious clubs have fallen out?

One word: Wenger! With a properly ambitious board and owner Wenger would storm the league. He's the best in the business, the best of his generation! IFFHS manager of the decade. The only manager in my knowledge who has had money actually offered as a transfer fee. The only manager who to my knowledge Bayern Munich have openly courted with a plea for him to sign.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yes, at the end of the day it all depends how we define 'having ones pants pulled down'

What's certain is that your post shows quite clearly that we've been nowhere near as bad as people make out. Maybe not the best, but it shows that the terrible hype on here is laughable.

The only the way the history changers can live with the 'overall' evidence you presented is to break it down.

'See, if you take out cup games and just include league games that were away and at Old Trafford . . . we were sh*te . . told you'

'Fact' :lol:

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Yes, at the end of the day it all depends how we define 'having ones pants pulled down'

What's certain is that your post shows quite clearly that we've been nowhere near as bad as people make out. Maybe not the best, but it shows that the terrible hype on here is laughable.

The only the way the history changers can live with the 'overall' evidence you presented is to break it down.

'See, if you take out cup games and just include league games that were away and at Old Trafford . . . we were sh*te . . told you'

'Fact' :lol:
Be careful, I don't think we've always covered ourselves in glory at Old Trafford in the cup all the time.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Since we last won the league United have won it 5 times, Chelsea have won it 5 times, City have won it twice and Leicester have won it once.

Be careful, I don't think we've always covered ourselves in glory at Old Trafford in the cup all the time.
And Chelsea, Man C and United winning it every year but one since 2004 has got nothing to do with all their money. That myths been debunked.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
And Chelsea, Man C and United winning it every year but one since 2004 has got nothing to do with all their money. That myths been debunked.
Ah, I didn't mean to put that first bit on. I was going to reply to someone else on another thread and couldn't be bothered, but I hadn't realised it had stayed on even though I thought I'd crossed it off.:eek:ops:

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
With a properly ambitious board and owner Wenger would storm the league. He's the best in the business, the best of his generation! IFFHS manager of the decade. The only manager in my knowledge who has had money actually offered as a transfer fee. The only manager who to my knowledge Bayern Munich have openly courted with a plea for him to sign.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm not focusing on home record just for the sake of it. It's been 11 years since Arsenal won a league game at Old Trafford..
Liverpool haven't won there since early 2014, same with Sp**s, Chelsea haven't won there since 2013.

We won there in 2015 but you've chosen to leave it out because it doesn't suit your story.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Liverpool haven't won there since early 2014, same with Sp**s, Chelsea haven't won there since 2013.

We won there in 2015 but you've chosen to leave it out because it doesn't suit your story.
Lol that makes it even sadder. 0 wins in the league. 1 win in all competitions in 11 years. Shambolic.
Btw I thought you said -
I'm finished with this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Lol that makes it even sadder. 0 wins in the league. 1 win in all competitions in 11 years. Shambolic.
Btw I thought you said -
Yeah, I had, but somehow I'm forced to challenge bullsh*t and injustice. Stop posting it. I'm going for a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom