• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How the hell have we be making top 4 with a garbage board and financial restrictions for the 19 out of 20 years, while richer more ambitious clubs have fallen out?

One word: Wenger! With a properly ambitious board and owner Wenger would storm the league. He's the best in the business, the best of his generation! IFFHS manager of the decade. The only manager in my knowledge who has had money actually offered as a transfer fee. The only manager who to my knowledge Bayern Munich have openly courted with a plea for him to sign.

Highly amusing.

Im done with this :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Look, everybody knows that the better quality players you buy, the better chance you have of finishing higher in the league.

Wenger took a lot of flak last year. He's stayed because he's desperate to win the league, prove the doubters wrong and leave on a high like SAF.

Common sense tells you, of all the people at the club, the one who stands to gain the most from spending, is Wenger.

Why would he shoot himself in the foot by not going all out for the best players the bank balance would allow. It makes no sense.

Well I think Wenger loves to buy a bargain and under the radar players rather than spend big, only a few teams can spend huge anyway but players we can afford that would improve our team go to other clubs.

My problem is the continued faith in sub-par players, you can't tell me we never had money to buy a few top class CMs. It's just Wenger would rather Ramsey flourish than buy a new guy to replace him, we only bought Xhaka to bring the best out of Ramsey.

If he was as desperate as you say he is to win the league then he'd be way more ruthless and stop with so much freedom given to players. He'd start scouting a higher quality player and get them in early. For someone who's so desperate, he's very patient.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why would he shoot himself in the foot by not going all out for the best players the bank balance would allow. It makes no sense.
For a start, he's he's done it in the past when we've had money to spend and we've needed players. Explain that.

Then there's these little vanity projects he indulges in. The 'look what I did with not much money when everyone said I needed to spend' trophy that he thinks is a trophy.He also never likes to admit defeat on players that can't produce. More vanity.

And then there's the knowing that the more he spends, the more pressure he puts on himself from all sides to produce where it matters most, which he just can not manage no matter what he spends. He hates pressure.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I would love to understand what the fans expectations are. Gazidis mentioned this there will be catalyst for change. Let's look at the changes made this summer:

• Appointment of Jens Lehmann (former invincible) as a coach, was this not what fans wanted? shakeup in the coaching staff? More winners in the coaching setup?
  • Appointment of Darren Burgess as director of high performance? We had issues with players and muscular injuries and the club have tried to address that with this appointment. Time will tell whether this appointment fixes the issue but at least it's a step in the right direction.
  • Appointment of Huss Fahmy as legal counsel to oversee contract negotiations and hopefully make changes to our negotiation process and packages offered. This has been a problem for some time and the club have made moves to address the situation. This won't happen overnight though and will take time for there to be any developments on this front.
  • We broke our own transfer record with the signing of a top class striker who has proved himself to be a prolific striker over recent seasons. Fans can't say we don't spend the f'ing money anymore can they. We also sign argualbly one of the best wing backs in the Bundesliga for free.
We start the season on the back of an FA Cup victory and impressive performance against Chelsea (The champions) in the Community Shield. I admit we were dross against Liverpool and IMO most fans are just venting after the loss. The timing of the loss against Liverpool and the transfer deadline coming a few days after didn't help the situation. Criticism of Wenger is unreasonable IMO.

Last edited:

pacstud

Generally, in any sport, and for any team...people passionate enough to go to and post on a message board know more than professional coaches.

This is known.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Well I think Wenger loves to buy a bargain and under the radar players rather than spend big, only a few teams can spend huge anyway but players we can afford that would improve our team go to other clubs.

My problem is the continued faith in sub-par players, you can't tell me we never had money to buy a few top class CMs. It's just Wenger would rather Ramsey flourish than buy a new guy to replace him, we only bought Xhaka to bring the best out of Ramsey.

If he was as desperate as you say he is to win the league then he'd be way more ruthless and stop with so much freedom given to players. He'd start scouting a higher quality player and get them in early. For someone who's so desperate, he's very patient.

But Wenger did identify players early with the acqusition of Kolasinac and Lacazette? Who are these players you believe have gone to other clubs and would improve our team? (Don't tell me Danny Drinkwater please). Ramsey is not sub par, him and Xhaka were building up a decent partnership together as proven in the FA Cup final and semi-final against Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom