• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yeah it's weird what one game can do to a club, look at the final last year ffs, absolutely derailed us in terms of players motivation even into the next season.

And once again it'll mean so much more to us than Chelsea in terms of everything.

Personally really have no problem whatsoever with Emery - think he had great intentions and put a lot of effort in.

Issue is, I'd never, as someone who's calling the shots, who has extensive interviews etc, give that job to a man that seems uncapable of learning a new language.

It is the most inportant tool a coach has. If he cannot convey his ideas eloquently and in a manner that reaches out to the players, it's a lost cause from day 1

It set us back in our development and we've got to catch up again first.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Personally really have no problem whatsoever with Emery - think he had great intentions and put a lot of effort in.

Issue is, I'd never, as someone who's calling the shots, who has extensive interviews etc, give that job to a man that seems uncapable of learning a new language.

It is the most inportant tool a coach has. If he cannot convey his ideas eloquently and in a manner that reaches out to the players, it's a lost cause from day 1

I don't think he was uncapable at all. Spoke good english at the end, although with a heavy accent of course. Think Emery is bad with "big" players, and the Özil situation lay heavy on his shoulders. Also it did not help that the fans thought he was the one that hounded out Ramsey.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I didn't mind him that much, but as a player it'd be so hard to understand, and he didn't really seem like a likeable coach tbh. Had he just used a translator it'd been much more effective.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not quite but I just see Chelsea beating Wolves at home and Sheff Utd dropping points against Southampton. Which is all it would take if we win both.

I can see us doing our part, but it's always hard to live with multiple things that aren't in our hands.

Think we can agree that the thought of losing the final is unacceptable in any case

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

The language was a big problem I agree, but not the whole problem. Bielsa doesn't speak a word of English, everything is done through a translator, and he's worshipped like a God up in Leeds.

I think the problem was just that Emery doesn't have the personality to command respect.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can see us doing our part, but it's always hard to live with multiple things that aren't in our hands.

Think we can agree that the thought of losing the final is unacceptable in any case

I wouldn't say unacceptable. Beating Sheff Utd away, City in the semi and Chelsea in the final would be some feat from Arteta. Already think he's done insanely well getting this far and it wouldn't be unacceptable to lose, it wouldn't be a disaster either it would just set our rebuild back a little bit, maybe the different between getting a £30M signing or a player on loan.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I wouldn't say unacceptable. Beating Sheff Utd away, City in the semi and Chelsea in the final would be some feat from Arteta. Already think he's done insanely well getting this far and it wouldn't be unacceptable to lose, it wouldn't be a disaster either it would just set our rebuild back a little bit, maybe the different between getting a £30M signing or a player on loan.

Guess I used the wrong word wo convey my feelings - Arteta has done perfectly and we'll be okay either way, but we, as fans, as of now, don't even want to think about losing against Chelsea once again in a final.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Guess I used the wrong word wo convey my feelings - Arteta has done perfectly and we'll be okay either way, but we, as fans, as of now, don't even want to think about losing against Chelsea once again in a final.

I'm trying not to think about it. Luckily I'm on holiday when its being played so even if we lose I can just go swim to Africa and forget about it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The language was a big problem I agree, but not the whole problem. Bielsa doesn't speak a word of English, everything is done through a translator, and he's worshipped like a God up in Leeds.

I think the problem was just that Emery doesn't have the personality to command respect.

I've touched on this before, but I don't think he is a good communicator.

The language barrier didn't help, but it was clear to see that he wasn't getting his point across and the players simply stopped trying because they had no clue what to do.

Goonger

Are people not confident of us getting 7th?

We need to try and match Wolves score roughly in the next match day. Currently they are 3 goals better off than us GD. That would mean a loss vs Chelsea and a win for us against Watford by a couple of goals should swing it.

If they beat Palace handsomely tonight and we don't do the same against Villa it would make it very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom