• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If the interest was as genuine as claimed we might go for Aouar over Partey. At least in that order of priority anyway.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If the interest was as genuine as claimed we might go for Aouar over Partey. At least in that order of priority anyway.

Seems the more creative player is higher on the list of priorities for Arteta.

But then it should be with Partey having a release clause that we can activate at any time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
With everything we know up until this point its safe to say our transfer budget was probably around the £30M-£40M Mark initially.

Now it is very much a case of (as we all know) we spend what we make in sales. Hence Arteta's comments about it being slow.

Bellerin is the key for our Next signing. Which I believe will be Aouar. If reports are true that he would cost £44M then I doubt Aulas would allow us to pay in instalments. But Bellerin and Torreira make that signing happen.

After that can we get enough funds in to activate Partey's clause? It will take Guendouzi being sold along with everyone else we've spoken about.

Either way I think we can see the plan. We are lucky that Partey is pretty set on joining us.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I believe his agent. We won't have cash now until we sell. That's fine though.

I know Ornstein keeps me going him but I do wonder if we will get Partey in the end

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I believe his agent. We won't have cash now until we sell. That's fine though.

I know Ornstein keeps me going him but I do wonder if we will get Partey in the end

All dependant on if we can shift Guendouzi I think. If we can then its no problem. £90M for both Aouar and Partey should be able to be covered over the next 4 weeks.

sykesy69

Okay we need to sell a few more players if this correct
I was thinking of doing something similar last night, then I slapped myself and woke up!!

Not sure that's quite how it works tbh. Depends how you're looking at what can be spent, there's the Cash element and then there's the Income Statement element.

If you're talking Cash, then you can't be sure if there are installments in the Gabriel deal or whether we paid the fee upfront. All we do know is that paying Partey's RC is a payment in full, the other transactions we don't know how they're likely to be structured.

If you're talking Income Statement (P&L) then more info is needed as it requires more detailed calculations.

PressResistance

Who knows. I'd say we probably were in for him, luckily we can build funds and other quality players are available.

Imagine not going for Ajax players, genuinely not a better match for Arsenal then Amsterdam's finest. Think the player and agent both rate Arsenal higher than Yanited, other clubs could never.

Manberg

Predator
Does anybody know much is our current cash reserves ??

Could soon be wiped out.

Following link predicts it was £69m following last summer's transfer business:
https://www.arsenaltrust.org/feed/afc-finances/2020/AST-COVID-affect-Arsenal-financial-position

It's been further depleting in the covid crisis. Where it's at won't be clear until the next financial report (February I think). But we do have a £50m Barclays loan to call on as well as £36m from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom