• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

Mari - £8M
Gabriel - £24M

Greenwood - £1.5M
Akpom clause - £1M
Emi - £20M

Like £10M.

A lot of wage increases as well but fairly irrelevant as 30-50M will be leaving the wage bill this summer and next.

Probs need to include willians signing on fee here as thats likely out of the transfer budget as paid up front in lump sum. Dunno if there was a loan fee for Ceballos?

Hefty wage increase for Auba as well, but agree we have prob provisioned for that with wages coming off the books next year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein saying in the Athletic we were interested in Lamptey when he forced his way out of Chelsea in January.

Interesting that the club clearly were interested in a developmental player there. Might be worth going back in for him in a couple of years.

Won’t be many rivals if Utd have AWB, Pool have Trent and Chelsea have James.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ornstein saying in the Athletic we were interested in Lamptey when he forced his way out of Chelsea in January.

Interesting that the club clearly were interested in a developmental player there. Might be worth going back in for him in a couple of years.

Won’t be many rivals if Utd have AWB, Pool have Trent and Chelsea have James.
Lamptey > Cedric.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fans won't be going back into stadiums in October according to Michael Gove. Wont be happening this year at all, not sure what that does to clubs plans...

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Zero chance we will get both players now, no matter the outs.
Apparently our losses from this will be around 90m
Hopefully we can move enough players out that we can get either Partey or Aouar and get it done quickly too.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure they accounted for that scenario, but hard to see any expensive deals being made now under those circumstances...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That was one of the reasons why I was saying we won’t make any big signings this window as we’re heavily reliant on match day revenue and the club will use that, lack of CL football + COVID as an excuse as to why we couldn’t spend big in this window.

We’ll sign another player but I can’t see it being Aouar or Partey imo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lol, I'm pretty sure all the clubs had been anticipating something like this and working in accordance with that.

Don’t be silly. They were planning on spending £100m on the basis they might bring in £20m in gate receipts with a reduced crowd. /s

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is there a possibility that by the time it's safe for Liverpool to have a Champions trophy parade they will no longer actually be Champions?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And yeah it is sort of a reality check. The accountants are probably looking at worst case scenarios of a whole season behind closed doors. It's already widely known that we don't have a lot of money right now and we're losing a disproportionately high amount of gate receipts.

We're not gonna get any significant money from player sales, Emi Martinez will probably end up as our biggest sale. We might be able to shift some players but it'll be small fees or loans. None of that logically fits in with a club that's gonna buy Partey and Aouar for 100m combined.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I reckon the clubs are going to start asking for money from the government (especially lower league clubs).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you really going to sit there and tell me that -

Aston Villa - £75M
Newcastle - £40M
Everton - £45M
Fulham - £25M
Leeds - £61M
United - £40M
Liverpool - £80M
Sheff Utd - £30M
Sp**s - £85M
West Brom - £25M

All these teams with NET SPENDS higher than us can spend and we can't spend another 40-50M on one midfielder? Not even considering our net spend would be pretty even after Kola/Sok/Torreira/Mustafi and others potentially go.

Absolute rubbish. The club would've known this might happen, they aren't stupid. They plan for all eventualities and 10-15k fans per home game for around 15/20 games generates around £20-30M. Whilst that's a lot of money in the grand scheme of things it isn't to our billionaire owner.

Buying the one or two midfielders we need should not be a problem. Especially if we can pay a lower up front fee for Aouar.

The loss from buying two midfielders doesn't outweigh making CL football this year. Arteta knows that.

Last edited:

field442

Trusted ⭐
Are you really going to sit there and tell me that -

Aston Villa - £75M
Newcastle - £40M
Everton - £45M
Fulham - £25M
Leeds - £61M
United - £40M
Liverpool - £80M
Sheff Utd - £30M
Sp**s - £85M
West Brom - £25M

All these teams with NET SPENDS higher than us can spend and we can't spend another 40-50M on one midfielder? Not even considering our net spend would be pretty even after Kola/Sok/Torreira/Mustafi and others potentially go.

Absolute rubbish. The club would've known this might happen, they aren't stupid. They plan for all eventualities and 10-15k fans per home game for around 15/20 games generates around £20-30M. Whilst that's a lot of money in the grand scheme of things it isn't to our billionaire owner.

Buying the one or two midfielders we need should not be a problem. Especially if we can pay a lower up front fee for Aouar.

The loss from buying two midfielders doesn't outweigh making CL football this year. Arteta knows that.

Most of those clubs aren’t losing £100m from match day revenue and have much smaller wage bills. Teams like Sp**s have borrowed £175m from the government to bridge the shortfall in revenue. Liverpool have spent £9m in actual cash this summer and pushed the rest of the money down the road for when revenue streams are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom