• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

I will be surprised if Arteta lets Sokratis leave as he earned favour with Arteta who played at RB ahead of Bellerin. Unless Arteta has more faith in Chambers when he comes back (who was excellent there at the begging of the season) or that he rates Cedric and will sign him.

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Embarrassing club with no ambition

After last summer if you believe this then you aren't very bright.

Do some people even use their brains? Now more than ever we will not reveal how much cash we have to spend on transfers. Clubs will be desperate, if any club comes out and says they have "XYZ" to spend then they're instantly in a poor position.

Its no secret that clubs will struggle to spend this summer. But clubs will also be forced to sell at a lower price. For example Tonali could be sold for around 30m euro instead of the 60m originally quoted.

In that sort of market Thomas Partey is around 20-30M for example.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its no secret that clubs will struggle to spend this summer. But clubs will also be forced to sell at a lower price. For example Tonali could be sold for around 30m euro instead of the 60m originally quoted.

This is going to be a very peculiar transfer market. I think some clubs will be forced to sell cut price due to their financial situation, but then given their willingness to sell cheap, clubs who dont desperately have to sell will try to hold onto their players (as they can get more money next year for example). This may stabilise the transfer market a little bit.

I dont think anyone knows whats going to happen, there are so many dynamics at play. In terms of Arsenal I'm concerned about if we can spend at all considering we just got our players to take a wage cut. We cut 12% but then buy a player for £30m for example?? I dont think it would go down well, not many other PL clubs are in this situation, I expected them to follow suit after we established the cuts but it looks like we are one of the only ones.

benjamin86

Established Member
This is going to be a very peculiar transfer market. I think some clubs will be forced to sell cut price due to their financial situation, but then given their willingness to sell cheap, clubs who dont desperately have to sell will try to hold onto their players (as they can get more money next year for example). This may stabilise the transfer market a little bit.

I dont think anyone knows whats going to happen, there are so many dynamics at play. In terms of Arsenal I'm concerned about if we can spend at all considering we just got our players to take a wage cut. We cut 12% but then buy a player for £30m for example?? I dont think it would go down well, not many other PL clubs are in this situation, I expected them to follow suit after we established the cuts but it looks like we are one of the only ones.
I think the 12% wage cut was more of a restructuring with the bonuses for next season increased to make up for it?
The coming transfer window is going to be very odd, i read a very interesting twitter thread that was theorising this will end up benefiting the super clubs who's owners will cover the cost and create even greater disparity in the top divisions between the haves and have nots.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think the 12% wage cut was more of a restructuring with the bonuses for next season increased to make up for it?
The coming transfer window is going to be very odd, i read a very interesting twitter thread that was theorising this will end up benefiting the super clubs who's owners will cover the cost and create even greater disparity in the top divisions between the haves and have nots.
Well we all know we aren't a super club then, we all know Kroenke will never bother doing that for us unfortunately haha.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Is Kroenke not giving us a cash injection so we are in that position? Saw Mokbel write that he is.

Let's be realistic it wont be one transfer window to challenge for the title. This window will ultimately be to get back into the top 4. We have a CB coming in, albeit young and inexperienced but he looks class. Meaning we have two right backs, two left backs, three if you include Saka. We have a lot of CB's now, Mustafi and Sokratis going would be nice so we can bring one in. GK situation is great.

A lot is up in the air with Auba and Laca. Ideally Auba stays, Laca goes. If that happens you have Eddie and Auba to fill striker spots. Martinelli, Auba, Saka, Pepe, Nelson, Eddie for the front 3 offers ok rotation but we need one to replace Laca.

After that we need a CM to replace Ceballos.

Partey, a CB for around 15-30M and a versatile attacker/attacking mid to replace Lacazette. Don't think that's too much to ask? Especially as we have a lot of selling potential. It all adds up.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't know how his season has gone, but Ibrahim Sangare has just been relegated with Tolouse. Could be a cheap option rather than Thomas.

Who we should be going for. It's a Marcus Thuram situation. If we let him go to someone now he will be worth 50million in a season's time when we could pick him up now for 15 million for less. Stop chasing Partey and getting led on for him to sign a new deal. We could easily tie up Sangare now and fill a massive hole in our midfield. Then we can focus on the technician we are missing.

RB, CB, LB, DM, CM, AM are on the list. That isn't even considering if we sell one of Auba or Laca.

Impact

Established Member
Sangare obviously brings attributes we miss in the midfield but I'd be wary of adding another technically limited player to the fold given the style of football you'd hope we are aiming for. I'd much rather Mady Camara for example.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
After last summer if you believe this then you aren't very bright.

Do some people even use their brains? Now more than ever we will not reveal how much cash we have to spend on transfers. Clubs will be desperate, if any club comes out and says they have "XYZ" to spend then they're instantly in a poor position.

Wishful and delusional thinking of an Arsenal FC cheerleader who believes the club will spend money and also believes every player we just so happen to want will be sold at a cut rate. And, he has the audacity to question others' intelligence? The quarantine hasn't been kind to you.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sangare obviously brings attributes we miss in the midfield but I'd be wary of adding another technically limited player to the fold given the style of football you'd hope we are aiming for. I'd much rather Mady Camara for example.

What makes you say he is technically limited? He passes forward at a very high rate and dribbles also. In my opinion that makes him more technically proficient than every central midfielder we have. None of our midfielders can dribble, none of them consistently pass forward.

His physicality is so good that it would allow us to overload the right and look to buy a more technically gifted creator next to him with a goal scoring 10 in front.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Talk Arteta wants to get rid of two defenders and sign two new guys, “restructure” his defence.

Ideally, Mustafi and Sokratis leave, and wouldn’t mind us looking at guys like Ben White and Ben Godfrey.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Talk Arteta wants to get rid of two defenders and sign two new guys, “restructure” his defence.

Ideally, Mustafi and Sokratis leave, and wouldn’t mind us looking at guys like Ben White and Ben Godfrey.
Maybe, one of Ben White and Godfrey? And the other would be Aarons.

I'd be fine if we god White, Aarons, Sangare, Fraser/Willian/Mertens and Aranguiz.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Sangare seems technically pretty good to me and has potential to be more than a sitting midfielder I think. He just needs developing and his game will become more refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom