• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Reading the posts from the last couple of pages about our 2006-2013 period has me all depressed. It has spoilt my day before it even begun.

So many things we could have done better. I think running a subsistence system coupled with Ivan coming in in 2009 really messed things up

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

With what money ..?
Well for starters, we definitely are going to be offloading some bums (Mustafi,mikhi, Elneny, Probably Sokratis, etcetera) from the squad which will free up some funds coupled with our summer budget however paltry it may be

Hinderz

Curious to see if the next transfer window will be more reminiscent of other sports (3-4 way trades etc) and if the Kroenke’s have a slight advantage in that environment

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wonder if the club has moved on to other targets like Gabriel though.
If this is true, it just screams of negligence. Despite FA sanction and Southampton's hard ball, Liverpool never gave up on VVD. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a backup, but if we really need Upamecano, then we should go all in, not half-assing it.

Like I said in my reply to another poster. We have to do a fire sale of our bums, even if they have to leave for next to nothing just to raise funds for summer business

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If this is true, it just screams of negligence. Despite FA sanction and Southampton's hard ball, Liverpool never gave up on VVD. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a backup, but if we really need Upamecano, then we should go all in, not half-assing it.

Like I said in my reply to another poster. We have to do a fire sale of our bums, even if they have to leave for next to nothing just to raise funds for summer business

Can't sit on our hands tho and wait for players to be sold, Upamecano might be gone by then Gabriel also.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Genuinely not sure that we can afford any of these guys.
For better or for worse, transfer fees are inevitably going to plummet as is revenue. Asking price for players will reduce as will the purchasing power of the buying club.

If we offload some dross and trim the fat, I'll sure we can afford Upamecano. Leipzig will not be in great position financially to negotiate

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really feel he’s an overrated prospect from when I’ve seen him but Rashica has a 13M release clause if Werder Bremen are relegated.

Total bargain at that price.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Really feel he’s an overrated prospect from when I’ve seen him but Rashica has a 13M release clause if Werder Bremen are relegated.

With the limited funds available, Arsenal aren't going to spend 13m quid on potential

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The CB Gabriel or winger Gabriel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom