• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Right winger mainly who can play across the front three. Fast with a bag of tricks. Impressed after being on trial a couple of months ago. Will start with the U23s.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Right winger mainly who can play across the front three. Fast with a bag of tricks. Impressed after being on trial a couple of months ago. Will start with the U23s.
Saw a little vid of him on twitter. He looks promising, albeit doesn't look better than Nelson/Saka. Allowing him to cook in the U23s with a first team cameo here and there will be a decent gauge IMO. At worst, he'll be a good addition to the U23 team, which is lacking that kind of directness from wide at the moment.

Saw a little vid of him on twitter. He looks promising, albeit doesn't look better than Nelson/Saka. Allowing him to cook in the U23s with a first team cameo here and there will be a decent gauge IMO. At worst, he'll be a good addition to the U23 team, which is lacking that kind of directness from wide at the moment.

I went from having a wealth of wide forward talent in our ranks to having close to none in space of a year. I know there are some interesting players but it still feels far away from having Smith-Rowe, Saka, Amaechi, and Nelson rotating there 1-3 years ago.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I went from having a wealth of wide forward talent in our ranks to having close to none in space of a year. I know there are some interesting players but it still feels far away from having Smith-Rowe, Saka, Amaechi, and Nelson rotating there 1-3 years ago.
I really like Kido Taylor-Hart, think he has a nice blend of technique and acceleration and hopefully he has a good 2nd year as a scholar. Matthew Dennis and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji have had some good moments. But I don't disagree, the quality of Nelson, Saka, Amaechi and ESR really was a quality wealth of options to have. Still really disappointed that Amaechi left when he did.

That said, the U16s have Flores, Hutchinson and Sagoe Jnr coming up to the U18s next year. They'll be interesting IMO.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

We really do seem to be going the Dortmund route.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought he has a bum knee?
He had an ACL tear the season before but other than that, I don't think he does.

That said, if I had to choose between him and Partey, I'd pick Partey all the way. Tolisso is a player that I like but he'd be much more useful if we already had a good, rounded midfield. He's a good complement but he wouldn't move the needle for us - rather, he'd fit in a little too much. Partey on the other hand gives us more power, athleticism and forward thrust, plus we gain another effective duel winner.

Now if we were bringing in BOTH of them, I'd be a very happy man - but not only is it not likely, but I think if we repurpose Joe Willock back to a deep CM position, we won't really need to do that.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't quite understand though, why are we getting linked & said to be keen on signing so many of these players when our board has come out & said not to expect big signings or no signings apart from free agents this window? Tolisso is linked now, I've also read we are keen on getting Koulibaly from Napoli now aswell. I highly doubt we'll even get Partey now thats not to say I don't want him, I'd love it if we got him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tolliso or Partey would transform our midfield from dire to a force. Both are that good. Don't wish to sound like a broken record, but think both are a level above where we are currently. Thought the same about Auba though and we managed to get him in.

The Icardi rumour is silly. He isn't coming here for numerous reasons. Great goal scorer, think he's be a bad tactical fit here as well as personality.

Are any footballers being signed to new deals at the moment? It has gone quiet with Aubameyang, but that might be completely normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom