• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,947
  • Views 254,771

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure about Sesko personally. 6'5" and two-footed, great. Yes, he's only 20. But he hasn't even been a consistent starter for Leipzig since moving there. You could also argue that the last thing we need when Arteta is under pressure to win is to sign an inexperienced striker.

Then you have players like Gyokeres. Skillful, excellent finishing, an eye for an assist with the outside of his foot. Plus, he was seasoned in the championship, so despite playing in the Portuguese league, there's no worry about acclimatising or dealing with physicality.

I'd also argue that Timber IS the starting LB next season, so a backup is only needed if he isn't ready or Zinchenko moves on.

Your point about Tomi being no concern isn't unwarranted, but it is worth noting that he got his ass handed to him by Sane and apparently that one start was enough for him to be injured again. So no, I don't rely on him. I'm not sure he warranted a new deal given his injury history, either.

Timber isn't even starting the season playing so he isn't the starting left.

So many people complain about not being able to progress the ball down the left hand side. Well if our left back is right footed, we can't even play a ball down the line. Great idea.

We need a left back.

Gykoeres isn't good enough. He is the top scorer with 24. The next player has 21. Then 20. Those players who have over 20 goals are average. So he's played in England. Who cares? When it mattered. He played in a play off final, didn't get his team over the line vs LUTON and then got sold to Portugal.

I'm sorry, but if you think that he is going to turn up in a semi final of a Champions league when he can't turn up in a play off final because he has played in England before, then I don't know what to tell you.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Timber isn't even starting the season playing so he isn't the starting left.

So many people complain about not being able to progress the ball down the left hand side. Well if our left back is right footed, we can't even play a ball down the line. Great idea.

We need a left back.

Gykoeres isn't good enough. He is the top scorer with 24. The next player has 21. Then 20. Those players who have over 20 goals are average. So he's played in England. Who cares? When it mattered. He played in a play off final, didn't get his team over the line vs LUTON and then got sold to Portugal.

I'm sorry, but if you think that he is going to turn up in a semi final of a Champions league when he can't turn up in a play off final because he has played in England before, then I don't know what to tell you.

It depends what you’re looking for.

All the strikers being mentioned are around the same level tbh.

LookingForEric

Raya/New GK
White/Timber
Saliba/Tomiyasu
Gabriel/New CB
Kiwior/Zinchenko

Unless one of the above leave it looks like we want another LCB who can fit in at LB.

LookingForEric

Saka/Nelson
New STR/Jesus
Martinelli/Trossard

Midfield is the most difficult to piece together.

Ødegaard/Vieira/Havertz/NewCM/Rice/Jorginho/Nwaneri

I think a 5th signing on the wing will depend on outgoings.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
After extensive reviews, I have decided to redo my summer transfer window.

Eze - £70M
Zubimendi - £50M
Alt-Nouri - £40M
Sesko - £45M
Desire Doue - £50M The French Musiala

I like Eze a lot; I believe he is ready for a big move. He should be our marquee signing if we’re serious about fixing the midfield. Zubimendi is the cheaper alternative for Bruno Guimaraes. I’m not sure how combative the Spaniard is but the links won’t go away and the transfer is a matter of
when not if.

Alt-Nouri is a good left-back. PL is proven and won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Now the two youngsters. I don’t think we should blow our whole load on Osimhen or Gyokeres, as good as they are. I think the improvement Havertz has made at CF suggests we don't need an expensive CF. Plus, I think Martinelli and Eze can offer a lot outwide, so we can afford a youngster to develop.

Martinelli-Sesko-Saka
Eze-Rice-Ødegaard
Nouri-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Raya

Subs: Doue, Timber, Zubimendi, Jesus, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Havertz, Hein.

I am selling Ramsdale, ESR, Nelson, Nketiah, Jorginho, Partey, Elneny, Zinchenko and Trossard.

It better! Never heard of Doue, YouTubed him after your suggestion, I like what I see!

I still like Zubimendi aswell.

Eze vs Olise I am 50/50 on, but would be happy with either of them.

Ait Nouri, I like him as a player but I just don’t see him fitting Artetas system. This one probably depends on price.

Sesko, I’m not sure. Is he a better back up than Jesus right now?

CannonBals

Technically every signing is dependent on out going
New GK - Ramsdale
New ST - Nketieh/Jesus
New LB - Zinchenko/Kiwior
New CM - Partey/Jorginho
New Winger - Nelson
New LCB - Kiwior

Without sales we could probably only accommodate an LB/LCB.

(Cedric/Elneny anyway play no role currently)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
After extensive reviews, I have decided to redo my summer transfer window.

Eze - £70M
Zubimendi - £50M
Alt-Nouri - £40M
Sesko - £45M
Desire Doue - £50M The French Musiala

I like Eze a lot; I believe he is ready for a big move. He should be our marquee signing if we’re serious about fixing the midfield. Zubimendi is the cheaper alternative for Bruno Guimaraes. I’m not sure how combative the Spaniard is but the links won’t go away and the transfer is a matter of
when not if.

Alt-Nouri is a good left-back. PL is proven and won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Now the two youngsters. I don’t think we should blow our whole load on Osimhen or Gyokeres, as good as they are. I think the improvement Havertz has made at CF suggests we don't need an expensive CF. Plus, I think Martinelli and Eze can offer a lot outwide, so we can afford a youngster to develop.

Martinelli-Sesko-Saka
Eze-Rice-Ødegaard
Nouri-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Raya

Subs: Doue, Timber, Zubimendi, Jesus, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Havertz, Hein.

I am selling Ramsdale, ESR, Nelson, Nketiah, Jorginho, Partey, Elneny, Zinchenko and Trossard.
Really like Doue but he is a bit too similar to Nwaneri for me and they're close in age. I'd sign that profile of player if they were a bit older.

All the way in on Eze though.

Newchange

Eze is definitely not the answer. Although technically gifted his work rate and ball retention is shocking. Also not a level raiser which is what we now need. Our targets need should have both quality and experience to get us over the line.

Gk Raya - De Gea
Rb White - Tomi
Lb Theo.H - Timber
Rcb Saliba - Diomande
Lcb Gabriel - Tosin
CDM Rice - Partey - Jorginho
RCM Martin.O - Xavi Simons
LCM Frenkie De Jong - Trossard
LW Leao - Martinelli
RW Saka - Jesus
CF Isak - Havertz

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
It better! Never heard of Doue, YouTubed him after your suggestion, I like what I see!

I still like Zubimendi aswell.

Eze vs Olise I am 50/50 on, but would be happy with either of them.

Ait Nouri, I like him as a player but I just don’t see him fitting Artetas system. This one probably depends on price.

Sesko, I’m not sure. Is he a better back up than Jesus right now?
@Riou on crutches would be a better backup than Jesus

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
De Jong suffered a nasty ankle injury yesterday, his 3rd/4th of the season on the same ankle.

If he was part of our plans that might change things.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
De Jong suffered a nasty ankle injury yesterday, his 3rd/4th of the season on the same ankle.

If he was part of our plans that might change things.

If only there was a good midfielder out there who has just missed like, I dunno, say 4 games in the last 3 seasons combined or sth?

1713783221029.png

Last edited:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Coq has at least won proper trophies that existed for longer than 2 minutes...

francis-coquelin-arsenal-lift-fa-cup-match-10879414.jpg.webp

View attachment 23661

...clears Rice to be honest!
Won a Europa League as well plus got into a CL semi final with Villarreal. Rice will do well to have half his career

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Eze is definitely not the answer. Although technically gifted his work rate and ball retention is shocking. Also not a level raiser which is what we now need. Our targets need should have both quality and experience to get us over the line.

Gk Raya - De Gea
Rb White - Tomi
Lb Theo.H - Timber
Rcb Saliba - Diomande
Lcb Gabriel - Tosin
CDM Rice - Partey - Jorginho
RCM Martin.O - Xavi Simons
LCM Frenkie De Jong - Trossard
LW Leao - Martinelli
RW Saka - Jesus
CF Isak - Havertz
I disagree. Eze is a top player in the making. As @2Smokeyy succinctly says we need a maverick. We can afford to have one player in our starting eleven who is a risk-taker. City has KdB and Liverpool has Trent who are both high-risk/high-reward players. We have none, unless you consider Vieira.

Newchange

I disagree. Eze is a top player in the making. As @2Smokeyy succinctly says we need a maverick. We can afford to have one player in our starting eleven who is a risk-taker. City has KdB and Liverpool has Trent who are both high-risk/high-reward players. We have none, unless you consider Vieira.
I agree with needing a clutch player, a maverick but doubt Eze can come from Palace and be that guy. His age and injury record also goes against him. I’d lean more towards Xavi Simons. 17 goal contributions so far in the bundesliga and 4 G/A in the champions league at the age of 21. Would be cheaper fee and much higher ceiling.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom