• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,952
  • Views 198,887

Xhaka was given six years to perform at a high level, Partey two but Rice is already deemed not good enough. Interesting.

Xhaka left us as soon as Arteta had turn him into the menace he was last season. We would have been so better off with him covering that left flank and playing alongside Rice. That prick.

Xhaka was given six years to perform at a high level, Partey two but Rice is already deemed not good enough. Interesting.

But I guess we all do this just for different players. We all have our favorites and least favorites based on emotions alone. 🤔🥶

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rice terrible because he cant play like Xavi on top of what he already offer which was elevating our whole team.

Caceido great because he could potentially play better in another system.

Noted.

I think @Rasmi knows deep down that Rice is useful. Of course he has limitations but he’s a good player.

Still think Caicedo is a good player too, so I don’t see why shade was being thrown his way about that. Chelsea definitely overspent for him but he’s 22 years old and still has a lot of room to grow. You’d think he’s an OAP the way some are writing him off this early.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think if you look at the contributions of players in the squad. It's a one in one out situation numbers wise.

Who do you TRUST. That is the key. Bayern away, game for your life, who did you not mind starting? Tomi has been out for ages but I wasn't worried at all.

Nketiah
Nelson
ESR
Kiwior
Zini
Partey
Vieira

Those are the players I don't trust. Either based on fitness, defensive stability or basic ability. They need to be moved on and we need to replace them with quality. The only player who we haven't seen clearly is Vieira and he has had moments and a few games where he has made the difference. More recently than ESR. So I'd give him a chance.

But Gk, LB, LCB, CM, AM, CF, WF. Those are the positions of the players we have that we need to move and the ones we need to fill. We cannot sign 7 players.
I think we may be able to do 6 as one is a GK. We don't NEED to sell Ramsdale we just need to replace him if he goes.

So I would go for:

Gk: good back up, linked to the Ajax keeper. Not sure about him. Buying a young keeper who can genuinely push Raya out is an option.

Lb: one of the most important positions. I think we need a technically Gifted intelligent player who is not a liability.
Ait Nouri stands out for me.

Cb: linked to the Frankfurt guy. Looks like a Rudiger type. I'm all for it.

St: Sesko for me. Young, we can ease him in and coach him. He can be a good option off the bench until he takes his spot. Aerial ability and two footed shooting is what we need. No world class players available. This is the next best thing.

Dm: I don't think we need a progressive deep lying playmaker. I'd keep Jorginho for one more year to see if we can move away from it, but the key is to sign a player who can play 6 and do the off ball work Rice does. I'm looking at Onana.

Now the interesting one. Alot of talk about us needing a winger and pace. Alot of talk about not having a player to play instead of Saka. Neto, Williams, Isak, Leao. All these names. A lot of talk about left 8 also. Guimaraes. All of these names. However, I think we need to evolve.

Do we lack control? I don't think so. Do we play in transition and suffer through Saka not being fast enough. I don't think so. Do we need someone who can be there man. For sure. But do they need to be lightening fast? Or Saka fast?

I don't think we need a winger:

Rw: Saka, Jesus
Cf: Havertz, Sesko
Lw: Martinelli, Trossard

Jesus can play left also. I don't think that they are bad options.

I think we need a player at left 8 who can do the following:

- cross with their left foot with immense accuracy
- go past players
- fizz the ball to out winger and support.
- see a pass.
- can produce a moment out of absolutely nothing.

I would go for Olise. But he is a right winger you say? No he isn't. It's just where they play him. Olise has always been far more effective central. He is just so good that he can play on the right which is a bonus for us.

Cf: Sesko, Havertz
Lw: Trossard, Martinelli
10: Ødegaard, Vieira
8: Olise
6: Rice, Onana
Lb: Ait Nouri, Tomi
Rb: White, Timber
Rcb: Saliba
Lcb: Gabriel, Pancha
Gk: Raya, ??????

You want to go attacking?

Martinelli-----Sesko-----Saka
------Olise-------------Ødegaard
----------------Rice
Ait-Nouri--Gabriel-Saliba-White
------------------Raya

Want to make 5 subs and kill the game?

-Martinelli----Havertz---Jesus
--------------------Ødegaard
-------------Rice---------Onana
Tomi--Gabriel-----Saliba-----Timber
------------------Raya

Food for thought on Olise.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think @Rasmi knows deep down that Rice is useful. Of course he has limitations but he’s a good player.

Still think Caicedo is a good player too, so I don’t see why shade was being thrown his way about that. Chelsea definitely overspent for him but he’s 22 years old and still has a lot of room to grow. You’d think he’s an OAP the way some are writing him off this early.

I like rice and think he is very useful. I’m just glad the over the top madness about making him captain and how he is more of a leader than the other leaders in the team has stopped. Twitter clips of every tackle and every time he points to something and how different his pointing is to other people pointing.

CannonBals

I like rice and think he is very useful. I’m just glad the over the top madness about making him captain and how he is more of a leader than the other leaders in the team has stopped. Twitter clips of every tackle and every time he points to something and how different his pointing is to other people pointing.

He is not a 100m player but the transfer fees have anyway gone crazy so considering he was our top priority last summer I would rather overpay and get what we want than taking half measures amd squandering money.
He is a great DM but he is not a DLP. And I agree with your observation that he is pretty close to a CB actually except his great ball carrying ability.
He is good when the game is in front of him. And while even if the other teams presses him he will not lose the ball but he is not skillful enough to create space and find a line breaking pass then.

But he is one of the best in defensive anticipation and ball carrying so he surely is a great asset. But we will have to tweek the system (while I agree Caicedo could in theory have been an plug an play replacement for Partey)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If you know anything about football. The environment and tactics play big role. Arsenal was ready to spend 70 million on him
This is such weasel behavior. Rice is succeeding at Arsenal but he's a bad signing because you don't like him but it's fine for Caicedo to flop at Chelsea for even more money because you like him so it must just be the environment. Weird how Cole Palmer is thriving in that bad environment. :lol:

This is such weasel behavior. Rice is succeeding at Arsenal but he's a bad signing because you don't like him but it's fine for Caicedo to flop at Chelsea for even more money because you like him so it must just be the environment. Weird how Cole Palmer is thriving in that bad environment. :lol:

Just remembered that quote @Dokaka found when Rasmi said Partey needed the correct partner back in the day. It was posted in Rice thread after months of Rasmi arguing that Rice is **** and should not get the benefits of needing the correct partner. :shivering:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think if you look at the contributions of players in the squad. It's a one in one out situation numbers wise.

Who do you TRUST. That is the key. Bayern away, game for your life, who did you not mind starting? Tomi has been out for ages but I wasn't worried at all.

Nketiah
Nelson
ESR
Kiwior
Zini
Partey
Vieira

Those are the players I don't trust. Either based on fitness, defensive stability or basic ability. They need to be moved on and we need to replace them with quality. The only player who we haven't seen clearly is Vieira and he has had moments and a few games where he has made the difference. More recently than ESR. So I'd give him a chance.

But Gk, LB, LCB, CM, AM, CF, WF. Those are the positions of the players we have that we need to move and the ones we need to fill. We cannot sign 7 players.
I think we may be able to do 6 as one is a GK. We don't NEED to sell Ramsdale we just need to replace him if he goes.

So I would go for:

Gk: good back up, linked to the Ajax keeper. Not sure about him. Buying a young keeper who can genuinely push Raya out is an option.

Lb: one of the most important positions. I think we need a technically Gifted intelligent player who is not a liability.

St: Sesko for me. Young, we can ease him in and coach him. He can be a good option off the bench until he takes his spot. Aerial ability and two footed shooting is what we need. No world class players available. This is the next best thing.

Dm: I don't think we need a progressive deep lying playmaker. I'd keep Jorginho for one more year to see if we can move away from it, but the key is to sign a player who can play 6 and do the off ball work Rice does. I'm looking at Onana.

Now the interesting one. Alot of talk about us needing a winger and pace. Alot of talk about not having a player to play instead of Saka. Neto, Williams, Isak, Leao. All these names. A lot of talk about left 8 also. Guimaraes. All of these names. However, I think we need to evolve.

Do we lack control? I don't think so. Do we play in transition and suffer through Saka not being fast enough. I don't think so. Do we need someone who can be there man. For sure. But do they need to be lightening fast? Or Saka fast?

- go past players
- see a pass.

I would go for Olise. But he is a right winger you say? No he isn't. It's just where they play him. Olise has always been far more effective central. He is just so good that he can play on the right which is a bonus for us.

----------------Rice
------------------Raya

------------------Raya

I would still look at signing a winger but Olise for left 8 is something I've advocated for in the past. He makes way more sense for that role than Havertz and is not quite the workshy player that he's often typecast as. On the contrary, seems quite humble. I doubt there's a true link and honestly I'm worried about his injury history at the moment so I'd look elsewhere but it's not the worst idea.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Just remembered that quote @Dokaka found when Rasmi said Partey needed the correct partner back in the day. It was posted in Rice thread after months of Rasmi arguing that Rice is **** and should not get the benefits of needing the correct partner. :shivering:
The great irony being if Partey was the player of the first 6 months of last season rather than a crock who looks like a pensioner when he comes on atm, they are a fantastic partnership in theory

Let's play Aubamawang

Nketiah
Nelson
ESR
Kiwior
Zini
Partey
Vieira

So I would go for:

- go past players
- see a pass.

----------------Rice
------------------Raya

------------------Raya

Not sure about Sesko personally. 6'5" and two-footed, great. Yes, he's only 20. But he hasn't even been a consistent starter for Leipzig since moving there. You could also argue that the last thing we need when Arteta is under pressure to win is to sign an inexperienced striker.

Then you have players like Gyokeres. Skillful, excellent finishing, an eye for an assist with the outside of his foot. Plus, he was seasoned in the championship, so despite playing in the Portuguese league, there's no worry about acclimatising or dealing with physicality.

I'd also argue that Timber IS the starting LB next season, so a backup is only needed if he isn't ready or Zinchenko moves on.

Your point about Tomi being no concern isn't unwarranted, but it is worth noting that he got his ass handed to him by Sane and apparently that one start was enough for him to be injured again. So no, I don't rely on him. I'm not sure he warranted a new deal given his injury history, either.

I’m not sure we need or will make the big signing people want.

We have the big signings already. White, Saliba, Gabriel, Rice, Saka, Havertz. These players are just about entering their prime years.

What we can do is either try go for some big names which could potentially upset the ongoing chemistry or find the next generation that could complement these guys well and be ready to take over for next cycle!

Omg omg omg Arteta what have you done making no matter what we do in summer window we will always improve. Never wake me up!!!!!!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Arteta has always spent big, don’t see why that doesn’t continue.

You didn’t read my post. We’ll spend big but I don’t think it’s on the likes of Osi, Leao, FDJ or these big names people think we need.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom